Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC week 7 schedule and predictions

Chesterton @ lake central: Chesterton has struggled as of late while lake central is on the rise! Lake central is looking to have there first winning season since 2014!! I’ll take the Indians at home! Lake central 28-21

Crown point @ Laporte: nothing to say here! Merrillville just held Laporte to around 50 yards total for the game. So Crown point 35-7! 

Michigan city @ portage: jaden hart and Michigan city will right the pack this week! Michigan city 35-21

Valparaiso @ merrillville: Valpo really struggled with crown point which was shocking to everyone. They could T move the ball at all 2nd half! Merrillville has done better with all the common opponents. Justin Marshall injured for merrillville? Or was it rest? Only time will tell! Merrillville still has to many weapons 

45-28 merrillville 

Merrillville 28-14, Marshall is injured, not resting, hopefully he reruns for regional, or semi state, won’t need him until then. Mishawaka is their focus now. Valpo was completely exposed for their smallish corners, surprised more teams didn’t focus their attack there, I’m sure Merrillville will.

Crown Point will have a running clock in first half, 42-7. We all knew LaPorte was a dumpster and unfortunately with their QB out, last place in DAC is their future. Buzea in year two has turned the Bulldogs into the top region team and I don’t see that changing in the future.

lake Central with a nice 4th quarter comeback of Michigan City will take care of a surprisingly weak Chesterton team, 28-14.

Michigan City 42-28 over Portage this week. A bounce back win after a terrible loss to Lake Central, most disappointing team in DAC based on highly recruited Hart and returning QB.

21 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Chesterton @ lake central: Chesterton has struggled as of late while lake central is on the rise! Lake central is looking to have there first winning season since 2014!! I’ll take the Indians at home! Lake central 28-21

Crown point @ Laporte: nothing to say here! Merrillville just held Laporte to around 50 yards total for the game. So Crown point 35-7! 

Michigan city @ portage: jaden hart and Michigan city will right the pack this week! Michigan city 35-21

Valparaiso @ merrillville: Valpo really struggled with crown point which was shocking to everyone. They could T move the ball at all 2nd half! Merrillville has done better with all the common opponents. Justin Marshall injured for merrillville? Or was it rest? Only time will tell! Merrillville still has to many weapons 

45-28 merrillville 

“Valpo really struggled with crown point which was shocking to one person.”

Fixed it for you.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, temptation said:

“Valpo really struggled with crown point which was shocking to one person.”

Fixed it for you.

Actually if you see my inbox there are crown point fans messaging me saying they couldn’t believe they ran away after the half. They also said Valpo was without 2 of there main RBs? That I don’t know.. I know merrillville is down a RB right now 

2 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Actually if you see my inbox there are crown point fans messaging me saying they couldn’t believe they ran away after the half. They also said Valpo was without 2 of there main RBs? That I don’t know.. I know merrillville is down a RB right now 

LOL

8 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

They were without their starting RB but I assure you that would not have made any difference. CP completely dominated that game in the second half and honestly the first half too even though it was only 14-7 going into the break. Thinking Valpo was going to beat them then lose to Merrillville was a pipe dream. 

28 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

They were without their starting RB but I assure you that would not have made any difference. CP completely dominated that game in the second half and honestly the first half too even though it was only 14-7 going into the break. Thinking Valpo was going to beat them then lose to Merrillville was a pipe dream. 

So is saying merrillville Will be the only team to get past regionals a pipedream? Because they will be lol 😂 

6 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

So is saying merrillville Will be the only team to get past regionals a pipedream? Because they will be lol 😂 

Not sure what you mean because CP could easily be getting further than regionals with a much harder path to get there. Merrillville has a JV sectional and every potential regional opponent is in the midst of a down year, if they don't win regionals that would honestly just be pathetic. Also, with the way Merrillville anointed themselves 5A state champs before the season even started, they better win the whole thing. If not, they'll have badly embarrassed themselves for the third year straight. As @temptation put it "From 'best in state' to second best in conference". 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

Not sure what you mean because CP could easily be getting further than regionals with a much harder path to get there. Merrillville has a JV sectional and every potential regional opponent is in the midst of a down year, if they don't win regionals that would honestly just be pathetic. Also, with the way Merrillville anointed themselves 5A state champs before the season even started, they better win the whole thing. If not, they'll have badly embarrassed themselves for the third year straight. As @temptation put it "From 'best in state' to second best in conference". 

A mediocre conference at that.

20 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Crown point is overhyped.. and there own coach said they don’t want a rematch with merrillville 😂😂 but I never appointed them favorites for state I said they are the north favorites. But if Mishawaka falls this week merrillville is back to #1

18 hours ago, scarab527 said:

This year it is. Still think overall it is one of the better conferences in the state. 

Top 3. Probably being #3. 
HCC

mic

DAC

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, scarab527 said:

This year it is. Still think overall it is one of the better conferences in the state. 

Very underwhelming for a conference with 5A and 6A schools.  An average Sagarin rating of 66.17 as of this week.

Well behind the HCC (86.12), Circle City (80.73), MIC (79.90), SIAC (71.27), Mid-State (71.13) and SAC (listed at 48.92 due to being closed but well ahead of the DAC).

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Crown point is overhyped.. and there own coach said they don’t want a rematch with merrillville 😂😂 but I never appointed them favorites for state I said they are the north favorites. But if Mishawaka falls this week merrillville is back to #1

Top 3. Probably being #3. 
HCC

mic

DAC

Not even close.

Let's go head to head with the DAC, Mid-State, SAC and SIAC.

1.  Crown Point/Martinsville/Carroll/Evansville Reitz  (I'll take Crown Point out of this grouping slightly ahead of Carroll.)

2.  Merrillville/Whiteland/Snider/Evansville Mater Dei (Top three here are a push in my opinion.)

3.  Valparaiso/Franklin/Fort Wayne North/Vincennes Lincoln (I am taking both Franklin and Fort Wayne North over Valparaiso.)

4.  Chesterton/Mooresville/Homestead/Castle  (I'll be kind here and place Chesterton in 3rd of this grouping, though possibly fourth.)

5.  Lake Central/Decatur Central/Fort Wayne Dwenger/Evansville Memorial (Lake Central is a distant fourth here.)

6.  Michigan City/Plainfield/Fort Wayne Luers/Evansville North (I'll give you Michigan City here.)

7.  Portage/Perry Meridian/Fort Wayne/Wayne/Jasper (Gimme Jasper here.)

8.  LaPorte/Greenwood/Fort Wayne Concordia/Evansville Harrison (Don't know enough about this group to make an educated guess.)

Right now as I see it.

1.  HCC

2.  MIC

3.  Mid-State

4.  SAC

5.  SIAC

6.  DAC

7.  Circle City

50 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not even close.

Let's go head to head with the DAC, Mid-State, SAC and SIAC.

1.  Crown Point/Martinsville/Carroll/Evansville Reitz  (I'll take Crown Point out of this grouping slightly ahead of Carroll.)

2.  Merrillville/Whiteland/Snider/Evansville Mater Dei (Top three here are a push in my opinion.)

3.  Valparaiso/Franklin/Fort Wayne North/Vincennes Lincoln (I am taking both Franklin and Fort Wayne North over Valparaiso.)

4.  Chesterton/Mooresville/Homestead/Castle  (I'll be kind here and place Chesterton in 3rd of this grouping, though possibly fourth.)

5.  Lake Central/Decatur Central/Fort Wayne Dwenger/Evansville Memorial (Lake Central is a distant fourth here.)

6.  Michigan City/Plainfield/Fort Wayne Luers/Evansville North (I'll give you Michigan City here.)

7.  Portage/Perry Meridian/Fort Wayne/Wayne/Jasper (Gimme Jasper here.)

8.  LaPorte/Greenwood/Fort Wayne Concordia/Evansville Harrison (Don't know enough about this group to make an educated guess.)

Right now as I see it.

1.  HCC

2.  MIC

3.  Mid-State

4.  SAC

5.  SIAC

6.  DAC

7.  Circle City

Like I said, the conference is down this year. Still think you're being a little unfair though, the past 3 years before this you could make a strong case that the DAC was a top-3 (AT WORST 4th) conference in the state. The DAC lacks depth this year but I'm still not convinced it doesn't have the top 2 out of the Mid-State, SIAC, and SAC (side note, I think you're underrating the Circle City here). We'll see as I think there's a good shot the top 2 in the DAC and SAC will meet in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Where did Buzea say that? Please provide a source. I'm waiting. Also, that "overhyped" team man-handled your Pirates 27-6 in the second half of that game. 

2 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Like I said, the conference is down this year. Still think you're being a little unfair though, the past 3 years before this you could make a strong case that the DAC was a top-3 (AT WORST 4th) conference in the state. The DAC lacks depth this year but I'm still not convinced it doesn't have the top 2 out of the Mid-State, SIAC, and SAC (side note, I think you're underrating the Circle City here). We'll see as I think there's a good shot the top 2 in the DAC and SAC will meet in the playoffs. 

I agree with all statements, but my other remains true.  The DAC is loaded with 5A and 6A schools in a highly populated area of the state that has stepped its game up in terms of its commitment to football.  It SHOULD be top 3.  The Mid-State, SAC and SIAC are littered with smaller schools.

Hard to evaluate the Circle City honestly as they have some built in advantages and is FOUR teams "really" a conference?

If you had to rank a top 25 of ONLY DAC, SIAC, Mid-State and Circle City schools what would it look like?

Here's mine based on my latest power rankings:  (16 teams from these three conferences appear in my top 50.)

1.  Roncalli

2.  Crown Point

3.  Carroll 

4,  Snider

5.  Merrillville

6.  Fort Wayne North

7.  Martinsville

8.  Whiteland

9.  Franklin

10.  Mooresville

11.  Evansville Reitz

12.  Dwenger

13.  Homestead

14.  Decatur Central

15.  Vincennes Lincoln

16.  Valparaiso

30 minutes ago, temptation said:

I agree with all statements, but my other remains true.  The DAC is loaded with 5A and 6A schools in a highly populated area of the state that has stepped its game up in terms of its commitment to football.  It SHOULD be top 3.  The Mid-State, SAC and SIAC are littered with smaller schools.

Hard to evaluate the Circle City honestly as they have some built in advantages and is FOUR teams "really" a conference?

If you had to rank a top 25 of ONLY DAC, SIAC, Mid-State and Circle City schools what would it look like?

Here's mine based on my latest power rankings:  (16 teams from these three conferences appear in my top 50.)

1.  Roncalli

2.  Crown Point

3.  Carroll 

4,  Snider

5.  Merrillville

6.  Fort Wayne North

7.  Martinsville

8.  Whiteland

9.  Franklin

10.  Mooresville

11.  Evansville Reitz

12.  Dwenger

13.  Homestead

14.  Decatur Central

15.  Vincennes Lincoln

16.  Valparaiso

Edit:  Completely overlooked Chatard and Brebeuf.  Make it 18 teams.

1.  Roncalli

2.  Crown Point

3.  Carroll 

4,  Snider

5.  Merrillville

6.  Chatard

7.  Fort Wayne North

8.  Brebeuf

9.  Martinsville

10.  Whiteland

11.  Franklin

12.  Mooresville

13.  Evansville Reitz

14.  Dwenger

15.  Homestead

16.  Decatur Central

17.   Vincennes Lincoln

18.  Valparaiso

40 minutes ago, temptation said:

Agreed. And it all starts with Lake Central. Enrollment and Socioeconomic wise they should be dominating the Duneland. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, temptation said:

Did anybody have them winning AT Michigan City before the season?

They are trending up.

Highly doubtful. It would be nice to see them at least split with Merrillville and Valpo. Preferably with the W against Merrillville. I thought Good was a pretty good hire for them. It would be great if he could turn the Indians into at least a Top 5-10 6A program.

Just now, Boilernation said:

Highly doubtful. It would be nice to see them at least split with Merrillville and Valpo. Preferably with the W against Merrillville. I thought Good was a pretty good hire for them. It would be great if he could turn the Indians into at least a Top 5-10 6A program.

A Lake Central win over Merrillville and I’d be insufferable (more so than I already am) on here for weeks…

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Would love to see Carroll and Crown Point match up head to head, but Penn and Elkhart might have something to say about that. Barring any upsets, Snider and Merrillville appear to be on a collision course. I'll be pulling for an SAC vs DAC in the 6a & 5a semi-state. For now I'll just stick with Temp's ranking of CP, Carroll, Snider, then Merrillville. Time will tell. 

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Would love to see Carroll and Crown Point match up head to head, but Penn and Elkhart might have something to say about that. Barring any upsets, Snider and Merrillville appear to be on a collision course. I'll be pulling for an SAC vs DAC in the 6a & 5a semi-state. For now I'll just stick with Temp's ranking of CP, Carroll, Snider, then Merrillville. Time will tell. 

It’s real close.  I promise.