Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC week 7 schedule and predictions

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Would love to see Carroll and Crown Point match up head to head, but Penn and Elkhart might have something to say about that. Barring any upsets, Snider and Merrillville appear to be on a collision course. I'll be pulling for an SAC vs DAC in the 6a & 5a semi-state. For now I'll just stick with Temp's ranking of CP, Carroll, Snider, then Merrillville. Time will tell. 

You all keep writing snider in? Do you not think north or Mishawaka can be there?

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Check regionsports interview after game. And the NWI times and post tribune articles! Your welcome 

Except he doesn’t say that in the times and there is no region sports interview nor post tribune article. Jesus man do you live in a fantasy world? 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, temptation said:

Edit:  Completely overlooked Chatard and Brebeuf.  Make it 18 teams.

1.  Roncalli

2.  Crown Point

3.  Carroll 

4,  Snider

5.  Merrillville

6.  Chatard

7.  Fort Wayne North

8.  Brebeuf

9.  Martinsville

10.  Whiteland

11.  Franklin

12.  Mooresville

13.  Evansville Reitz

14.  Dwenger

15.  Homestead

16.  Decatur Central

17.   Vincennes Lincoln

18.  Valparaiso

You won't get an argument from me on how the DAC should be one of the best conferences. It should be at worst 4th (I don't think its unreasonable to accept that the SAC will be better some years, especially starting next year with the big school division). If I had to do a top 25, without copping out and doing ties (because I think some of these teams are extremely close), it would look something like this:
1. Roncalli

2. Carroll

3. CP 

4. Chatard

5. Snider

6. Merrillville

7. North Side

8. Reitz 

9. Brebeuf 

10. Whiteland (I know they just lost to Martinsville, still think they're the best in the Mid-State)

11. Martinsville

12. Franklin

13. Mooresville

14. Dwenger

15. Homestead

16. Valpo

17. Memorial 

18. Castle 

19. Decatur Central 

20. Lake Central

21. Vincennes 

22. Mater Dei

23. Chesterton

24. Michigan City 

25. Leurs 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

You all keep writing snider in? Do you not think north or Mishawaka can be there?

Absolutely Mishawaka can be there. They could be the best team in the north for all I know. North Side will be the underdog in their  sectional, but they'll play Snider like their lives depend on it. I'm just not sure the Legends can put together three near perfect games in a row to get to state. 

19 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Except he doesn’t say that in the times and there is no region sports interview nor post tribune article. Jesus man do you live in a fantasy world? 

Post tribune yes there is look at it how. And here is buzea quote 

Basically we needed to be tougher than them to win,” “They’re faster than us, everyone knows that, at every single position most likely. they are more talented than us. We needed to beat them with what we had: size. We definitely got away with this win tonight and I wouldn’t want to see them again down the road” 

your welcome 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Post tribune yes there is look at it how. And here is buzea quote 

Basically we needed to be tougher than them to win,” “They’re faster than us, everyone knows that, at every single position most likely. they are more talented than us. We needed to beat them with what we had: size. We definitely got away with this win tonight and I wouldn’t want to see them again down the road” 

your welcome 

LMAO that's literally the QB's quote from the NWI Times article, and you added the stuff about not wanting to see them again. 

I ask again, do you live in a fantasy world? 

14 hours ago, scarab527 said:

LMAO that's literally the QB's quote from the NWI Times article, and you added the stuff about not wanting to see them again. 

I ask again, do you live in a fantasy world? 

Do I need to send you the link from the post where they said coach buzea? 

13 hours ago, scarab527 said:

But then Parkhurst can’t live in his fantasy world 

Yall can keep talking and when merrillville is the only team left standing we can revisit this. Crown point is so over rated. Kinda like y’all thought merrillville was last 3 years. This crown point team won’t make it past regionals. And that’s if they can make it past there sectional 

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Yall can keep talking and when merrillville is the only team left standing we can revisit this. Crown point is so over rated. Kinda like y’all thought merrillville was last 3 years. This crown point team won’t make it past regionals. And that’s if they can make it past there sectional 

You've gone from "Merrillville is the best in the state" for the past three years to "at least we will be the last DAC team standing" LOL.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Except you won't be able to send me a link for that because Buzea literally didn't say that lmao. You took the QB's quote and added the stuff about Merrillville being 'more talented' and how they 'don't want to see them again'. I mean jeez man if you're going to make stuff up don't make it easily disprovable with a 30 second google search. Gonna have to do better than that to fool me. Honestly it's just completely pathetic that you tried to make a quote up just to make yourself feel better. And Merrillville WAS extremely overrated the past 3 years, and they got their butts thoroughly kicked every time they had a shot to prove otherwise. Merrillville going further than CP in an extremely weak 5A would be nothing to be proud of. 

37 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Except you won't be able to send me a link for that because Buzea literally didn't say that lmao. You took the QB's quote and added the stuff about Merrillville being 'more talented' and how they 'don't want to see them again'. I mean jeez man if you're going to make stuff up don't make it easily disprovable with a 30 second google search. Gonna have to do better than that to fool me. Honestly it's just completely pathetic that you tried to make a quote up just to make yourself feel better. And Merrillville WAS extremely overrated the past 3 years, and they got their butts thoroughly kicked every time they had a shot to prove otherwise. Merrillville going further than CP in an extremely weak 5A would be nothing to be proud of. 

Hey now, if Toledo wins the MAC they are better than the SEC runner up, right?

7 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Merrillville going further than CP in an extremely weak 5A would be nothing to be proud of. 

Elaborate a little more on "extremely weak." Please don't say "because Zionsville moved up to 6a." Give us more than that. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Elaborate a little more on "extremely weak." Please don't say "because Zionsville moved up to 6a." Give us more than that. 

Just look at the Sagarin Ratings for 5A. It’s not a strong class. Whoever wins 4A would run through 5A and I don’t think it’s crazy to say whoever wins 3A likely could win 5A too. For schools that size the level of play is definitely subpar this year. 

20 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Just look at the Sagarin Ratings for 5A. It’s not a strong class. Whoever wins 4A would run through 5A and I don’t think it’s crazy to say whoever wins 3A likely could win 5A too. For schools that size the level of play is definitely subpar this year. 

This. I'm honestly surprised more people haven't been talking about how exceptionally weak 5A is this year. It has 1 undefeated team in Mishawaka who has played a pretty weak schedule thus far (big test for them tomorrow though). Only has 1 team rated in the top 25 in sagarin, Compared to 14 teams in 6A, 5 teams in 4A, 3 teams in 3A, 1 in 2A, and 1 in 1A. Hell, if you go off sagarin, only a 2A state title would be easier to win. 

28 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

I actually think I agree with this statement.

Roncalli/New Pal are better than any 5A school by two scores in my opinion.

I also think Chatard and maybe Gibson Southern/Brebeuf/West Lafayette could make a run at the 5A title.

I thought we all agreed that Sagarin doesn't make any sense when it comes to three of the better teams in 5a north............Snider, North Side, and Dwenger. So why are we taking that into consideration?

Let's not underestimate the Pirates for losing to a pretty good Crown Point team. Mishawaka might actually be a pretty darn good team. And no one really knows how good Snider and North Side are until the tournament gets here. I wouldn't underestimate them though. "Extremely weak" is extremely naive in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

I thought we all agreed that Sagarin doesn't make any sense when it comes to three of the better teams in 5a north............Snider, North Side, and Dwenger. So why are we taking that into consideration?

Let's not underestimate the Pirates for losing to a pretty good Crown Point team. Mishawaka might actually be a pretty darn good team. And no one really knows how good Snider and North Side are until the tournament gets here. I wouldn't underestimate them though. "Extremely weak" is extremely naive in my opinion. 

I don't know man, others seem to agree and I've seen it said on other threads on the board. Not trying to disrespect the teams in the class but I would say its much more naïve to not recognize that 5A as a whole is down this year. 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:53 PM, Piratefan101 said:

Chesterton @ lake central: Chesterton has struggled as of late while lake central is on the rise! Lake central is looking to have there first winning season since 2014!! I’ll take the Indians at home! Lake central 28-21

Crown point @ Laporte: nothing to say here! Merrillville just held Laporte to around 50 yards total for the game. So Crown point 35-7! 

Michigan city @ portage: jaden hart and Michigan city will right the pack this week! Michigan city 35-21

Valparaiso @ merrillville: Valpo really struggled with crown point which was shocking to everyone. They could T move the ball at all 2nd half! Merrillville has done better with all the common opponents. Justin Marshall injured for merrillville? Or was it rest? Only time will tell! Merrillville still has to many weapons 

45-28 merrillville 

Michigan City came into the season with 9 new starters on defense.  Most of last years semi-state state team either graduated, quit or got kicked off the team due to an incident at school last year.

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Michigan City came into the season with 9 new starters on defense.  Most of last years semi-state state team either graduated, quit or got kicked off the team due to an incident at school last year.

They're really young this year. Next year I think they'll be dangerous. Gonna bring back almost the entire team.