Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Early singing period must be heating up. Sounds like both received immediate eligibility. 

Will surely be a hot topic among the crowd of those that dislike when coaches “woo” or “poach” players from other schools. Ironically or un-ironically. If there’s a will and a way it’s going to happen whether we like it or not.

Heck, a lot of the times it’s the kids/parents making the decision on their own because they want to be a part of a winning team. I’m sure there will continue be more transfers within the SIAC.

14 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Will surely be a hot topic among the crowd of those that dislike when coaches “woo” or “poach” players from other schools. Ironically or un-ironically. If there’s a will and a way it’s going to happen whether we like it or not.

Heck, a lot of the times it’s the kids/parents making the decision on their own because they want to be a part of a winning team. I’m sure there will continue be more transfers within the SIAC.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of coaches (or other interested parties) poaching players from other schools.

I think the important thing is that the kid and/or his parents initiate it, not the other way around.  If a kid initiates the interest to move, then it’s open game.

33 minutes ago, MHS4Life said:

Picking up Porter Rode is huge for us.  We lost 2 big transfers from graduation.  (Ray Brodie and Xavier Tyler)  If we didn't have those 2, not sure we would have made it to semi-state this past season.

Well, clearly.  Brodie was the conference POY and all-state.  And Tyler was a very versatile complement who did a lot of things at a high level.  We lose Josh Russell too.

A lot of people have been wondering who would be in the Tigers’ backfield next year.

9 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

That's a little rich for the west side. Maybe 6'1" 240 and not so ultra athletic? 

Probably more doable for the hidden gems in the 5-7 rounds of the Draft. I kid, MD will probably do pretty well next year on Offense and Defense, although losing Ralph is a massive blow and some of the senior linemen. But returning Wunderlich, Stolz, and Pierre are massive for Coach Goebels and co

Edited by TigerFan20

6 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Wonder if the sending Coach sent a scathing letter to the IHSAA?  

Is that what Hurt did when the two Castle kids transferred to GS? Pretty sure he has no problem accepting kids who transfer in from other schools. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MHS4Life said:

Lol.  I like to know what Coach Hurley's recruiting budget is.  These past few years have been good for us.

Ray Brodie from Reitz

Xavier Tyler from Bosse

Now Porter Rode from Central.

$0.00. Only recruiting by Hurley comes on the field. 

Edited by tango
  • Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

1 hour ago, MHS4Life said:

Lol.  I like to know what Coach Hurley's recruiting budget is.  These past few years have been good for us.

Ray Brodie from Reitz

Xavier Tyler from Bosse

5 trips to state in 14 years. Thats all the budget needed. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MHS4Life said:

Ray Brodie from Reitz

Xavier Tyler from Bosse

Why are you going to disrespect Barry Duff like that?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, tango said:

$0.00. Only recruiting by Hurley comes on the field. 

At the banquet this year, he said he asked Lindauer and Branson Combs to be ball boys in middle school, since neither of them had any direct family connection to Memorial.  

Of course, his wife’s maiden name is Lindauer…so he was really forward thinking when he married her.  😜

And they were already in feeder schools.

Edited by MHSTigerFan

1 hour ago, MHSTigerFan said:

At the banquet this year, he said he asked Lindauer and Branson Combs to be ball boys in middle school, since neither of them had any direct family connection to Memorial.  

Of course, his wife’s maiden name is Lindauer…so he was really forward thinking when he married her.  😜

And they were already in feeder schools.

Great vision by Hurley. I think Drew Hart was once a ball boy as well as Brock Combs. Those guys all turned out ok. I guess we should pay more attention to who gets those jobs for future tiger success. Lol