Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week Seven

Caston at Culver- 52-6. Caston won't win a game this year.

Glenn at LaVille- 48-6. Laville gets back on track and takes it out on the falcons.

Pioneer at Knox- 42-14. Pioneer is young and Knox is starting to click.

Triton at North Judson- 21-14. Game of the week. Both teams come out excited to play.  

West Central at Winamac- 29-28. Since Winamac now has their best player and would pass all over everyone, they score 28 this week.

3 hours ago, littledog said:

Glenn at LaVille- 48-6. Laville gets back on track and takes it out on the falcons.

Triton at North Judson- 21-14. Game of the week. Both teams come out excited to play.  

West Central at Winamac- 29-28. Since Winamac now has their best player and would pass all over everyone, they score 28 this week.

Who said they would pass all over everyone?

Edited by WalterSobchak

12 hours ago, littledog said:

Caston vs Culver = CULVER 

Laville vs Glenn = LAVILLE 

Pioneer vs Knox = KNOX 

Triton vs NJP = Triton ( going upset)

West C vs Winamac =WINAMAC 

It's always fun to take a wild guess at these games!  I have no idea how many of these I've gotten right through the year, but I just enjoy throwing an opinion out there.  We need something to talk about on here!

Caston at Culver - The Cavaliers will have absolutely no trouble with the Comets.  This is likely the biggest blowout of the night in the conference.  Shuman ought to have a big night.  Culver Cavaliers 48-8

Glenn at LaVille - I suspect LaVille is a little annoyed that they didn't win a little more comfortably last week at Knox.  The D will be fired up and on point this week!  And the offense will likely be running like clockwork.  I'm looking for a shutout and a comfortable win this week against their St. Joe County rivals.  Saturday begins prep for the big matchup with North Judson which will likely determine the conference champ (possibly with Triton's championship hopes in the balance).  LaVille Lancers 42-0

Pioneer at Knox - What a great effort by Knox last Friday!  I was truly impressed they were able to slow down the Lancer offense and score enough on their defense to make it that close!  Will there be a letdown this week?  I don't think so.  Knox has three winnable games to finish out the season and head into sectional play with some momentum.  And Sectional 26 is not the loaded 3A sectional it has been in previous years.  Knox has a chance to make some noise this year.  As I've said before, Pioneer is not that bad of a team.  They are definitely a step above the HNAC bottom-feeders.  But the top of the HNAC is pretty good this year!  In many other years this Pioneer team would still be a top 3 conference team.  Just not this year.  Having said that, I don't think they have the depth to hang around with Knox.  They ran out of steam in the 4th at Triton last week, and Knox's numbers will wear down the Panthers again this week.  It might be tight for a while, but Knox runs away in the second half.  Knox Redskins 35-16

Triton at North Judson - This could be the game of the week.  It should be one of the premier games in 1A!  And it showcases (arguably of course) the two best backs in the conference in Allen and Schuh.  According to Sagarin, these two teams have played the weakest schedules to date of any HNAC team - by far.  So this will definitely be a test for both squads!  The HNAC title is still within reach for both teams if the Jays can upset LaVille next week.  So there is a trophy hanging out there as motivation.  Liberty Field is a tough place to play.  I'm giving Judson the edge at home.  Hope I'm wrong!  But...  North Judson-San Pierre Blue Jays 21-17

West Central at Winamac - The Trojan's only loss has been at the hands of Culver, who squeaked by the Warriors last week.  Winamac has definitely played the tougher schedule and should enter this contest battle tested and ready to take out some frustration on the Midwest Conference foe.  West Central will get another taste of HNAC hard-nosed football this week.  I think the Warriors get win #2 over another Midwest team and the HNAC cements it's place as the MWC's nemesis.  Winamac Warriors 27-14

13 hours ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Caston vs Culver = CULVER 

Laville vs Glenn = LAVILLE 

Pioneer vs Knox = KNOX 

Triton vs NJP = Triton ( going upset)

West C vs Winamac =WINAMAC 

Everyone seems to have at least one "down" game during the regular season.  I just want Judson's to be next week rather than this week!

Culver 35-7

Laville 42-7

Knox 28-14

West Central 21-10

Some commentary on Triton/ NJ game

i think NJ is the slight favorite and they are at home where they are very good! 
If you gave me a choice between a shared conference title and a Sectional title,  it’s a no brainer!  When you have teams that are similar in ability,  it is extremely hard to win twice in one season!

so I’m picking NJ 21-17 Friday night with hopes that Triton will get them at home in sectional final and win that close game.

2 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Are you thinking they need to be off their game for you to beat them next week?  Hmmm.

Nope...not at all.  As a fan, it would certainly help me preserve my fingernails, though.  We know that it's gonna be one heck of a ballgame.  The Lancers have a great respect for North Judson and know it's gonna a fight from start to finish.  The class of '23 for LaVille and Judson have been having epic battles against each other for the past 5 years.  Both are very solid teams.  That being said, if one has an off night, it'll certainly bode well for the other team.  I believe there has been only one time in the past 5 meetings that the game was decided by more than one possession.  

On 9/25/2022 at 9:02 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Coming into the final third of the regular season.

Here we go . . .

Caston at Culver

Glenn at LaVille

Pioneer at Knox

Triton at North Judson

West Central at Winamac

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Culver 36-6

LaVille 42-6

Knox 56-12

Triton  20-14

West Central 18-6

Here's my two cents  . . .

Caston at Culver - Cavaliers

Glenn at LaVille - Lancers 

Pioneer at Knox - Knox

Triton at North Judson - Triton

West Central at Winamac - Winamac 

Conference picture getting clearer after tonight's games?

Does NJSP take a step closer?

Will Triton step in?

Do Pioneer and Knox answer questions?

How will LaVille respond after close call at Knox?

What does Culver have to say?

All these questions and more get answered later tonight. 

as always, the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

I’m really curious in the North Judson - Triton matchup as a fan of a fellow 1A team from the north. So far, North Judson has looked the part of one of the favorites in the north. I’d say Triton has as well if you can forget about the 2nd half against Laville. The first half was tight and Laville is a legit 2A team, so I’ll be curious to see the North Judson - Laville matchup as well.  I may need to tune into the NJ - Triton game on YouTube instead of the Adams Central - Southern Wells game this week!

If North Judson dominates this game, no one can really question their legitimate chances of making it to state. I know I’ve been critical of what seems like overconfidence in the NJ fanbase, but a convincing win would certainly put some weight behind their confidence. If it’s a tight game, then NJ is still a legit team, but that would mean Triton has arrived as a contender as well. I expect/hope for a close one.