Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 7

Pretty uneventful week I would say. Best game is SV vs FC.

NV @ PH - NV has JV out starting of the 4th quarter. 48-6.

RP @ Attica - Hazzard has 4200 rushing yards, and 31 touchdowns after it's all said and done. 41124-6.

Seeger @ CT - Seeger and FC just had a BATTLE last week. I wish I could have attended. Seeger is still top 3 in the conference and win this game 40-14.

SV @ FC - Could be a battle early, but with the beatdown SV just put down on RP, I'd say things may be clicking. 35-13.

Edited by Marshall Mathers
  • Haha 1

NV @ PH - NV wins 54-12

RP @ Attica - RP takes the frustration out on Attica. RP wins 60-13 

Seeger @ Covington - I heard Seeger is pretty beat up after last weeks battle with FC. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is close for a while. Seeger 35 Covington 14

SV @ FC - FC does seem to get better each week but I don't think this game will be close after watching SV manhandle RP. SV will do whatever they want and the clock will be running in the second half. SV 48-12

Power Rankings -

SV

Seeger

RP/FC/NV

Cov

PH

Attica

Edited by WRC123

3 hours ago, jerry rice said:

RP takes the travel north to face off with the indefinite underdogs of the conference. NV walked all over Attica last week, and this week will be the same with the RP football program on the rise

Is RP really on the rise or is the WRC just not good right now? RP has only played 2 opponents that are over 500, and got beat decisively by one, and by a few scores with the other. Not trying to be a hater, just stating the facts. Kudos to them for having some success though.. and I saw that they are destroying teams in junior high. 70PTS is crazy.

36 minutes ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Is RP really on the rise or is the WRC just not good right now? RP has only played 2 opponents that are over 500, and got beat decisively by one, and by a few scores with the other. Not trying to be a hater, just stating the facts. Kudos to them for having some success though.. and I saw that they are destroying teams in junior high. 70PTS is crazy.

RP has probably improved some but the hoe conference is down. Just a few years ago there were sometimes 4 WRC teams ranked or getting votes. I don’t see anyone getting out of the sectional this year.

3 hours ago, jerry rice said:

Dazed and confused, it is NV @ PH, my mistake.

Everybody makes mistakes. Don't let anyone tell you what you can't post. 

Friday, Sep. 30
North Vermillion at Parke Heritage ©, 7 pm
Riverton Parke at Attica ©, 7 pm
Seeger at Covington ©, 7 pm
South Vermillion at Fountain Central ©, 7 pm

It's a Road Warrior Fridayyyyyyyyyyyy!

5-road-warriors-Cropped.jpg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Everybody makes mistakes. Don't let anyone tell you what you can't post. 

Friday, Sep. 30
North Vermillion at Parke Heritage ©, 7 pm
Riverton Parke at Attica ©, 7 pm
Seeger at Covington ©, 7 pm
South Vermillion at Fountain Central ©, 7 pm

It's a Road Warrior Fridayyyyyyyyyyyy!

5-road-warriors-Cropped.jpg

Get off my carport 

11 hours ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Middle school results don't always transfer to high school results.  Kids may mature early and dominate in junior high only to be the same height and weight 4-5 years later.

It seems the WRC has been down lately.  You usually had a rotation of Attica, Fountain Central, North Vermillion, Parke Heritage (Rockville) or Seeger in the 1A rankings and making strong tournament runs.  Has the talent dried up?  Have the youth programs faltered?  What has caused the quality to seem to drop off across the board?

16 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Middle school results don't always transfer to high school results.  Kids may mature early and dominate in junior high only to be the same height and weight 4-5 years later.

It seems the WRC has been down lately.  You usually had a rotation of Attica, Fountain Central, North Vermillion, Parke Heritage (Rockville) or Seeger in the 1A rankings and making strong tournament runs.  Has the talent dried up?  Have the youth programs faltered?  What has caused the quality to seem to drop off across the board?

The youth programs seem to be very good actually. Very thankful JR Martin (RIP) and Marty Brown established the WRC league all those years ago. 

Our league consist of PH, Attica, NV, SV, Covington, and Seeger. Covington actually did not have the numbers this year and did not participate but glad to have Attica back even with their low numbers.

We did play in Terre Haute for many years and competed well, then moved to the WRC league and it was widely mocked about on here how we got our @$$ kicked the first couple seasons.  Competing well now, great numbers, enough numbers I get a dozen calls a week about playing time. Thankfully able to play some “A” and “B” games. Been a great experience. 

I’d take any WRC team to TH and play with confidence. Attica had 13 kids but their QB and RB can play!

• Thanks 2

NV @ PH- Woofs are coming off a game they should've won by 20. Falcons are coming off a pick me up game after two tough conference losses back to back. I don't  think the Moore effect will be enough to lead the Woofs to victory. NV 54-12

RP @ Attica- RP is coming off a bad loss to a pretty good SV team. Attica's numbers our down and will continue to go down. If I was them I would open the history books and run it up on them. Hazzard will score whenever he wants. I am curious to see how this one turns out.  RP ??-6

Seeger @ Covington- Heard that Seeger is pretty banged up after battling Herbie and The Ponies last week. With Covington's play call choices it is going to be hard for them to beat anyone. I'll take the Patriots 49-7.

SV @ Fountain Central- Herbie almost got it done last week at his ol stompin grounds, just didn't have enough horse power. I think this will be a good game for the first quarter and a half. FC seems to keep improving every week. SV will start rolling and pounce on the Ponies. SV 49-12

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

I do remember watching a time when NV, FC, Rockville, and Attica were all ranked top 10 in 1A. I believe it was 2014, the year NV won state. I'm not sure if we will ever see football like that again in the WRC. 

I don't think it's youth programs faltering, I think it's just athletes coming and going. Those teams had some of the best athletes to ever come through the WRC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Those teams had some of the best athletes to ever come through the WRC.

Hard disagree. Between PH last year and SV this year, I think those two teams are the most dominant forces that this conference has ever seen.

Powerhouse is the most applicable word, especially for SV this year. I think this year's SV would wipe the floor with last year's PH squad then that PH squad would run circles around the NV state team.

I think there's a lot of undervaluation of the athletes we're watching grace our presence right now and the quality coaching jobs that were at PH last year and the stellar program that SV has built.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Andre Krimm said:

Hard disagree. Between PH last year and SV this year, I think those two teams are the most dominant forces that this conference has ever seen.

Powerhouse is the most applicable word, especially for SV this year. I think this year's SV would wipe the floor with last year's PH squad then that PH squad would run circles around the NV state team.

I think there's a lot of undervaluation of the athletes we're watching grace our presence right now and the quality coaching jobs that were at PH last year and the stellar program that SV has built.

I might give you the argument that North Vermillion benefited from some schools moving to 2A due to the success factor, but they were pretty darn good.

I would say the Josh Smith/Attica and Eli Cook/Seeger teams and some of the Fountain Central teams were very good football teams.  2007 Rockville wasn't bad, but they ran into a really good Sheridan team.

SV, big fish, small pond in the WRC.  They aren't anywhere near the caliber of some of these past teams.  That's a hill I'll die on.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Andre Krimm said:

I'm not sure if I should laugh at this or not to be honest. Ill take the 2007 Rox over any of those teams.

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 2

1 hour ago, Andre Krimm said:

Probably the funniest post ever! I swear to God it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Probably the funniest post ever! I swear to God it is. 

Agreed.  Any post that starts with “the xxxx team is the best ever” always has recency bias.    I don’t even know how good the 1983 Mustangs team was, but if the Ultimate Warrior is lining up on the field, I’ll take them.  😃😃.   (I also heard he played in the Terre Haute youth league) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KAllen said:

Agreed.  Any post that starts with “the xxxx team is the best ever” always has recency bias.    I don’t even know how good the 1983 Mustangs team was, but if the Ultimate Warrior is lining up on the field, I’ll take them.  😃😃.   (I also heard he played in the Terre Haute youth league) 

The Warrior graduated in 77. A WRC powerhouse usually doesn’t get their ass kicked at the regional. South Vermilions is almost 3A in enrollment and won’t get out of their sectional. Real powerhouses!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andre Krimm said:

...then that PH squad would run circles around the NV state team.

2014 North Vermillion (who beat Lutheran by 18 in SS) would beat 2021 Parke Heritage (who lost to Lutheran by 36 in Reg) with a running clock the entire 2nd half.  The NV line would have dominated the game on both sides of the ball.

• Like 2