Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 7

5 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

2014 North Vermillion (who beat Lutheran by 18 in SS) would beat 2021 Parke Heritage (who lost to Lutheran by 36 in Reg) with a running clock the entire 2nd half.  The NV line would have dominated the game on both sides of the ball.

I think Andre is going to get busted for playing on his phone during class!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

2014 North Vermillion (who beat Lutheran by 18 in SS) would beat 2021 Parke Heritage (who lost to Lutheran by 36 in Reg) with a running clock the entire 2nd half.  The NV line would have dominated the game on both sides of the ball.

I remember watching that Lutheran team beat a pretty good Eastern Hancock team, and seeing how massive their line was. It truly was a size vs speed game between Lutheran and NV in 2014. Did Crabtree make most WRC teams move to a spread offense?

17 minutes ago, Marshall Mathers said:

I remember watching that Lutheran team beat a pretty good Eastern Hancock team, and seeing how massive their line was. It truly was a size vs speed game between Lutheran and NV in 2014. Did Crabtree make most WRC teams move to a spread offense?

Most teams were already running it

40 minutes ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Coach King has been spread since 2007.   

Im not sure who the best team would be in the last 15 years,  but I’d personally have to give not to Jacob Earl’s falcons, state champs and 1A player of the year I believe! Best player to play in the WRC since Smith.

• Like 1

Week 7 Picks...

North Vermillion @ Parke Heritage - The Falcons get another week to rev back up the offense with sectionals looming close. I'm sure some of the Woolfs are hoping to be hitting the hardwood or the mats soon. Not a Dog Fight, the Falcons get the win, but it'll be closer than some think, 40-24.

Riverton Parke @ Attica - The Panthers took one on the chin from the River Cats. They might be banged up a bit, but it shouldn't matter this week. The Red Ramblers take it on the chin every week. They'll have no answers for Mr. RP. Panthers get healthy and come away with the win, 41-6.

Seeger @ Covington - The Patriots may be banged up a little bit from last week as well. What a game with FC! The Trojans escaped at PH, despite some questionable play calls late. Seeger keeps it rolling and sets up a Conference Championship game next week at SV, 35-14.

South Vermillion @ Fountain Central - The Wildcats flexed some muscle last week shutting down RP completely. SV defense doesn't hardly get enough credit. The Mustangs nearly took out Seeger, but sputtered late. I see this being close for a while but South Vermillion pulls away, 42-19.

4 hours ago, BillyBettis said:

Coach King has been spread since 2007.   

Im not sure who the best team would be in the last 15 years,  but I’d personally have to give not to Jacob Earl’s falcons, state champs and 1A player of the year I believe! Best player to play in the WRC since Smith.

Imagine Earl’s stats if he played more than 2 quarters a game. I’d agree with you on best player. Could he have made Turkey Run conference contenders? NV was certainly not NV without him 

2 hours ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Imagine Earl’s stats if he played more than 2 quarters a game. I’d agree with you on best player. Could he have made Turkey Run conference contenders? NV was certainly not NV without him 

God no. Woulda loved to see him play with Wilkey though. 

His cousin Anthony Wood never got

the respect he deserved playing under the Johnsons and AP. Would have been best player on any other team in conference last 3 years.  (Besides Shew.)

2 hours ago, Marshall Mathers said:

Crabtrees still had a talented group that knew their rows. The qb wasn’t too bad either but Earl took them to the next level 

11 hours ago, BillyBettis said:

God no. Woulda loved to see him play with Wilkey though. 

His cousin Anthony Wood never got

the respect he deserved playing under the Johnsons and AP. Would have been best player on any other team in conference last 3 years.  (Besides Shew.)

Moore than one Rockville kid got the boot. I mean what else did you expect bringing multiple transfers? 

• Haha 1

Anyway here's Week 7

North Vermillion @ Parke Heritage- NV is at least decent and well coached. Sarcasm aside, their state team obliterates SV 70-6 looking like an RP Jr High Score. PH is not good. I don't think this is ever close but it won't be a complete blowout. NV 28-6

Riverton Parke @ Attica- Panthers looked bad last week with the whole conference watching. I do think they are actually improved just not "there" yet, must be them playing in the Terre Haute Youth League or something that has made them step up their game. Early in the season I wasn't convinced Attica would still be playing games at this point in the season, not easy to go out there and get beat up on every week. RP wins big even if they are banged up, I think they'll show some mercy and play some young kids.  RP 41-6.

Seeger @ Covington- Even if Seeger is a bit banged up I just don't think that Covington can hang around for very long. Getting in a dog fight with PH isn't a good thing post closing the transfer portal. Patriots pitch a shutout and it'll be a showdown with the Cats with conference on the line. 

South Vermillion @ Fountain Central- Wildcats not so Mild last week. Thought RP might give them a little more of a fight but RP may have another year or two to truly be "there" consistently. I don't think that FC has the athletes to hang around but maybe Herbie can scheme enough and work the officials to stay in it. Sometimes coaching matters and I do think FC is better coached. Coaching won't matter here. SV 49-19.  

• Like 1

NV at The Woofs - High scoring game. First team to step up and play D wins it. My guess is that team will be the Falcons. Blank gets another INT this game but takes it to the house for the falcon win. 48-22 NV

RP at Attica - Hazzard has a day. 300+ first half yds, maybe gets tackled twice. Attica gets on the board late. 64 - 6 Panthas. 

Seeger at Covington - Underrated Seeger takes it by bunch. Not many kids in the WRC can catch a Raycecar outside the hashes. 56 - 12 Pats.

SV at FC - Those SV boys upfront are just to much to handle.. for every WRC team. 42 - 12 Mildcats. 

North Vermillion @ Rockville- NV in a shutout unless Coach Rector dials up the Billy Bettis playbook and sling the ball around 50-60 times tonight    Otherwise, it’s a running clock.  The Rox finish the season with NV, RP and FC - three very physical teams.   NV 45 Rox 6

Riverton Parke @ Attica-  My sources tell me that the RP coaches deleted the SV film from Hudl and moved on   From JH to Varsity, Attica’s skilled kids and horses are nonexistent compared to the Ryan Good teams   Panthers get healthy this week give the Rox the choice between SV film and Attica to scout for next week  RP 42-6 

Seeger @ Covington-  Seeger wins in another WRC blowout this week   Having the chance to watch Covington last week, they do throw the ball with much more effectiveness than they run   I don’t see how this happens vs Seeger’s DL    Seeger 35 - 13 

South Vermillion @ Fountain Central-  SV was bigger, strong and faster than RP at every level last weekend, plus their number’s are strong.  I don’t see how FC hangs around in this game.  Herb may have to get back to a JH game a refuse a running clock before his next win in a couple weeks.    SV in a route.  I can hear the SV fans chanting in unison from across the Wabash River, “We want Linton!!” “We want Linton!!” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, KAllen said:

North Vermillion @ Rockville- NV in a shutout unless Coach Rector dials up the Billy Bettis playbook and sling the ball around 50-60 times tonight    Otherwise, it’s a running clock.  The Rox finish the season with NV, RP and FC - three very physical teams.   NV 45 Rox 6

Riverton Parke @ Attica-  My sources tell me that the RP coaches deleted the SV film from Hudl and moved on   From JH to Varsity, Attica’s skilled kids and horses are nonexistent compared to the Ryan Good teams   Panthers get healthy this week give the Rox the choice between SV film and Attica to scout for next week  RP 42-6 

Seeger @ Covington-  Seeger wins in another WRC blowout this week   Having the chance to watch Covington last week, they do throw the ball with much more effectiveness than they run   I don’t see how this happens vs Seeger’s DL    Seeger 35 - 13 

South Vermillion @ Fountain Central-  SV was bigger, strong and faster than RP at every level last weekend, plus their number’s are strong.  I don’t see how FC hangs around in this game.  Herb may have to get back to a JH game a refuse a running clock before his next win in a couple weeks.    SV in a route.  I can hear the SV fans chanting in unison from across the Wabash River, “We want Linton!!” “We want Linton!!” 

You groin eaters have anything to say about the RP score over Attica or do you just bitch about the FC 8th grade team? I gotta go 

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

You groin eaters have anything to say about the RP score over Attica or do you just bitch about the FC 8th grade team? I gotta go 

Nah, Coach.   There’s no short term memory problems at RP.   I believe the RP staff kept receipts for every score against them over the last 15 years.   No team should have issues with RP scoring a few points on them.   Its just unfortunate that multiple coaches in this conference peace out before it’s their turn to take it.  
Kuddos to Coach Sanders for staying the course and being patient enough to see some success.   He was apart of many games in which Herb, Crabtree, Good, Moore, Barrett, etc we’re dropping 60+ on his squads.  
But, with that said, the JV played half the 2nd quarter and entire running clock in the second half.  

17D8596B-92FD-4350-9167-D0C9A418F56D.jpeg

20 minutes ago, KAllen said:

Nah, Coach.   There’s no short term memory problems at RP.   I believe the RP staff kept receipts for every score against them over the last 15 years.   No team should have issues with RP scoring a few points on them.   Its just unfortunate that multiple coaches in this conference peace out before it’s their turn to take it.  
Kuddos to Coach Sanders for staying the course and being patient enough to see some success.   He was apart of many games in which Herb, Crabtree, Good, Moore, Barrett, etc we’re dropping 60+ on his squads.  
But, with that said, the JV played half the 2nd quarter and entire running clock in the second half.  

17D8596B-92FD-4350-9167-D0C9A418F56D.jpeg

But what about the 8th graders?

9 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

But what about the 8th graders?

Same.  It was 24-0 four minutes into the game and the B team (7th grade) played 2.5 quarters of the game with a running clock.   I don’t care if it’s varsity, JV or junior high, if a running clock is accepted, timeouts aren’t being called,  no passes are being thrown and all the backups are in, there not much more a team can do to avoid scoring other than teaching the opposing team how to tackle or not fumble or throw interceptions.    

The irony in this conversation topic is that you aren’t the first to questions RPs scores this year at multiple grade levels. But I don’t recall anyone having a level of concern for some of the TR teams, RP teams or even the last Rox team and current PH teams or FC teams the last few years.   There’s some level of empathy, I’m sure.   But ZERO sympathy.   It’s 1A football.  The regret is that Coach Good, who I’m friends with and took a great career move, didn’t stick around to take a few of these L’s

4 minutes ago, KAllen said:

Same.  It was 24-0 four minutes into the game and the B team (7th grade) played 2.5 quarters of the game with a running clock.   I don’t care if it’s varsity, JV or junior high, if a running clock is accepted, timeouts aren’t being called,  no passes are being thrown and all the backups are in, there not much more a team can do to avoid scoring other than teaching the opposing team how to tackle or not fumble or throw interceptions.    

The irony in this conversation topic is that you aren’t the first to questions RPs scores this year at multiple grade levels. But I don’t recall anyone having a level of concern for some of the TR teams, RP teams or even the last Rox team and current PH teams or FC teams the last few years.   There’s some level of empathy, I’m sure.   But ZERO sympathy.   It’s 1A football.  The regret is that Coach Good, who I’m friends with and took a great career move, didn’t stick around to take a few of these L’s

I only mentioned the score from last night because you keep bringing up some 8th grade game. I don’t think a group of teenagers needs revenge taken out on them by an adult over something that happened before they had pubes. I swear to God I don’t 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

I only mentioned the score from last night because you keep bringing up some 8th grade game. I don’t think a group of teenagers needs revenge taken out on them by an adult over something that happened before they had pubes. I swear to God I don’t 

Completely agree.  As it pertains to the RP JH, they are a solid group.   It could be argued that the B team (7th grade) has played as much as the A team in many games to avoid being disrespectful or getting kids hurt.  We aren’t other JH teams in the conference that refuse a running clock or call timeouts up 35+ just to get the ball back.   That’s bush league shit.   In fact, in a game vs SV Thursday, RP was winning 26-0 with 1 min to go in the half. SV drops a bad punt on the field.  RP’s next play is a TD pass (first forward pass of the season for their team) to make it 36-0.  Running clock is official in play and B team goes in and no more timeouts called.   What’s amazing is the opposing coach, facetiously yelling from the opposite sideline about how classy the coaches from RP were, yet said same coach forgot he’s the one who called timeouts two years ago in a game to make sure his team could score 50 in a game that was far from being close.   Like you said, the issue isn’t kids, it’s overzealous coaches padding stats.   Ill continue to agree with Coach Crabtree - anything goes until there’s a 35 point lead and then BOTH teams take steps to keep the game respectable.  

Again, there’s no revenge to be had, only a group of kids that refuse to be someone’s doormat or homecoming every week in high school, which we all know RP was and has been for many years.