Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Roncalli's Killer Schedule to Close Out Regular Season

Roncalli's next three games are KILLER, arguably the toughest schedule in the State!  The Royals can easily finish 6-3 after a 6-0 start.

Louisville Male - three-time defending State runner-ups in Kentucky 6A, over 900 wins in school history, has a victory over Louisville Trinity who has defeated both Carmel and Center Grove this season.

Cincinnati Elder - has dominating wins over Louisville St. Xavier who has wins over Louisville Male plus Louisville Trinity and Cincinnati St. Xavier (42-10) who earlier this season defeated Penn 35-10. Elder's only loss is a 17-14 squeaker to national powerhouse Cleveland St. Edwards.

East Central - another dominating season with only loss to Ohio #2 Cincinnati Moeller.

Edited by FCGriz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FCGriz said:

Roncalli's next three games are KILLER, arguably the toughest schedule in the State!  The Royals can easily finish 6-3 after a 6-0 start.

Louisville Male - three-time defending State runner-ups in Kentucky 6A, over 900 wins in school history, has a victory over Louisville Trinity who has defeated both Carmel and Center Grove this season.

Cincinnati Elder - has dominating wins over Louisville St. Xavier who has wins over Louisville Male plus Louisville Trinity and Cincinnati St. Xavier (42-10) who earlier this season defeated Penn 35-10. Elder's only loss is a 17-14 squeaker to national powerhouse Cleveland St. Edwards.

East Central - another dominating season with only loss to Ohio #2 Cincinnati Moeller.

At least they have the OL to back it up on these matchups.  

As a New Pal fan I am very interested in seeing how Roncalli does. Since it seems they have a run heavy offense will the passing game be able to step up. I am an Indy homer so I hope Roncalli can pull all these games out. However, if not I pray they keep it close and stay healthy. I look forward to a great regional game against Roncalli come November. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 8:24 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

At least they have the OL to back it up on these matchups.  

Not quite as big as last couple of seasons but big for a high school team:

LT - Trevor Lauck 6'7 290 (Iowa)
LG - Brady Neu 6'4 278 (Central Michigan)
C - Luke Skartvedt 6'5 317 (Northern Illinois)
RG - Luke Billerman 6'2 275
RT - Jackson McNeeley 6'4 283 (St. Francis)

"Heavy Formation" TE - Luke Swartz 6'2 280

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

I know LM was missing a stud, but I think Roncalli passed test 1 pretty well. Will be interesting to see how 2 and 3 go. 

This was an impressive win either way I think.  I was shocked when I saw a score of 28-7. 

New Pal vs Roncalli might be the matchup of the year if we can get that game 

12 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Good lord, does he run like a 4.3 or something? 

this has something to do with imo...

On 9/28/2022 at 1:01 PM, FCGriz said:

Not quite as big as last couple of seasons but big for a high school team:

LT - Trevor Lauck 6'7 290 (Iowa)
LG - Brady Neu 6'4 278 (Central Michigan)
C - Luke Skartvedt 6'5 317 (Northern Illinois)
RG - Luke Billerman 6'2 275
RT - Jackson McNeeley 6'4 283 (St. Francis)

"Heavy Formation" TE - Luke Swartz 6'2 280

On 9/26/2022 at 8:17 AM, FCGriz said:

This ending schedule is exactly why I believe Roncalli, especially after the decisive win last night, should be ranked in the top 2 above CG and Carmel and HSE for sure. I believe that if they beat Elder then they should definitely be moved up. IMO New Pal and Roncalli are the two best teams in the state. But I am being told by some folks on another thread that pointing this out doesn't matter. Roncalli doesn't play in the MIC or HCC schedule, therefore, their place in the rankings will never put them above those top teams. Doesn't make sense to me in a multi-class power ranking.

• Kill me now 1

27 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Good lord, does he run like a 4.3 or something? 

He is a very patient runner.  Lets the hole develop and then explodes through it.  Roncalli is also a very patient offense.  Seems to not panic and trust that they will grind you down.   

He is a state qualifier wrestler and when I played for Coach Goebel he was always fond of those type of players.   

He also showed some nice speed last night.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

This ending schedule is exactly why I believe Roncalli, especially after the decisive win last night, should be ranked in the top 2 above CG and Carmel and HSE for sure. I believe that if they beat Elder then they should definitely be moved up. IMO New Pal and Roncalli are the two best teams in the state. But I am being told by some folks on another thread that pointing this out doesn't matter. Roncalli doesn't play in the MIC or HCC schedule, therefore, their place in the rankings will never put them above those top teams. Doesn't make sense to me in a multi-class power ranking.

I will be interested to see how You think New Pal’s schedule will help or hurt them the rest of the season.  

Being healthy is a huge plus.  

I also remember two years ago Roncalli went down to EC for final regular season game and it took EC about 1.5 quarters to wake up after playing the likes of Connersville and Batesville.   

2 hours ago, fenderbender said:

I will be interested to see how You think New Pal’s schedule will help or hurt them the rest of the season.  

Being healthy is a huge plus.  

I also remember two years ago Roncalli went down to EC for final regular season game and it took EC about 1.5 quarters to wake up after playing the likes of Connersville and Batesville.   

I think it is something in the minds of all New Pal fans. It is really going to be a testament on the coaches on keeping the starters tuned up and focused each game. It will help because of the rest starters will get and the reps second team will get. It will help on keeping the injuries down. But it is something that I think players are also keeping in the the back of their minds. They know that each game is important, but that most likely Roncalli is on the horizon. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

Both New Pal and Roncalli can beat any team in the state on any given night. However, to date, neither have anywhere close to the resume that Brownsburg does. New Pal has one “good” win and that’s against a 4-3 Westfield team. Roncalli got their first good win of the year last night. Beat Elder next week and then Roncalli belongs in the conversation of best team in the state.

• Like 1

Hansen is a stud with very good strength and decent speed.  He finished 7th at 182 pounds last season so his hips and balance are exceptional.  The O-line is very big and physical and defense plays hard.  Roncalli really needs more consistent QB and WR play before I rank them in top 5 of whole state.  We will see how good they are next week against a very good Elder team.

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Both New Pal and Roncalli can beat any team in the state on any given night. However, to date, neither have anywhere close to the resume that Brownsburg does. New Pal has one “good” win and that’s against a 4-3 Westfield team. Roncalli got their first good win of the year last night. Beat Elder next week and then Roncalli belongs in the conversation of best team in the state.

I totally agree. I won't argue schedule against schedule. Brownsburg has a tougher schedule week in and week out. As do the top 5 schools in 6A. Head to head I absolutely agree. Roncalli and New Pal could take anyone of them. If not a win it would be some close games. 

3 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

I totally agree. I won't argue schedule against schedule. Brownsburg has a tougher schedule week in and week out. As do the top 5 schools in 6A. Head to head I absolutely agree. Roncalli and New Pal could take anyone of them. If not a win it would be some close games. 

Can’t argue schedule for schedule if every conference game except 1-2 is basically a bye week. 🤣

Edited by FootballFan28
typed the wrong word.

Think about this - Louisville Male came into the Roncalli game with a strong rush defense. They had given up an average of 76 yards rushing against Kentucky 6A #1 (St. Xavier), Kentucky 6A #2 (Ballard) and Kentucky 6A #5 (Trinity). Remember also that Male defeated Trinity who has wins over Carmel and Center Grove.

The Royals rushed for 414 yards against Male on Friday night!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, FCGriz said:

Think about this - Louisville Male came into the Roncalli game with a strong rush defense. They had given up an average of 76 yards rushing against Kentucky 6A #1 (St. Xavier), Kentucky 6A #2 (Ballard) and Kentucky 6A #5 (Trinity). Remember also that Male defeated Trinity who has wins over Carmel and Center Grove.

The Royals rushed for 414 yards against Male on Friday night!

Question is how far do they go without a passing game. I checked on their season stats and it is quite evident they don't have one. I would say they are reminiscent of CG the past couple of years, but even CG had a 150 yd plus passing average a game. It was there to supplement when the run game was slowed down, and it could if necessary. New Pal has that kind of offense, a great rushing attack behind a talented and and an even better passing game than CG dreamed of having. Question is will New Pal's defense be athletic enough and tactical enough to contain the run. Notice I didn't say stop. I really don't see stopping Roncalli's run game. The hope is to keep Hansen from rushing 200 plus yards and limit the 3rd and shorts or goal line stands. I think, honestly, it will come down to coaching and defense. Which coach will have the best scheme for the opposing offense and make the better adjustments throughout the game. And who will get the most pressure on the outside with the most disciplined, yet aggressive LBs in the middle. Should be an interesting game and I am looking forward to seeing how they do against Elder.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

Question is how far do they go without a passing game. I checked on their season stats and it is quite evident they don't have one. I would say they are reminiscent of CG the past couple of years, but even CG had a 150 yd plus passing average a game. It was there to supplement when the run game was slowed down, and it could if necessary. New Pal has that kind of offense, a great rushing attack behind a talented and and an even better passing game than CG dreamed of having. Question is will New Pal's defense be athletic enough and tactical enough to contain the run. Notice I didn't say stop. I really don't see stopping Roncalli's run game. The hope is to keep Hansen from rushing 200 plus yards and limit the 3rd and shorts or goal line stands. I think, honestly, it will come down to coaching and defense. Which coach will have the best scheme for the opposing offense and make the better adjustments throughout the game. And who will get the most pressure on the outside with the most disciplined, yet aggressive LBs in the middle. Should be an interesting game and I am looking forward to seeing how they do against Elder.

Don't have one or haven't needed one?  They have only played one one possession game.

• Like 1