Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #7

I asked for parity in 6A and it looks like it has been delivered.  I don't know what to make of this "conference" on a week to week basis as I firmly believe none of the teams are as good as their best moment, nor as bad as their worst.  A lot of Jekyll and Hyde here.

Ben Davis @ Carmel:  The game of the week in central Indiana as this will tell us a lot about both teams.  As expected, BD struggled early after their emotional win over Warren and held off a pesky LN team.  Carmel, as expected took care of bottom feeder North Central with relative ease.  I could see this one going either way but I think BD has two difference makers on offense that Carmel does not.  Giants squeak one out 27-24.

Center Grove @ Pike:  The good news?  The Trojans' offense exploded for 63 points last week.  The bad news?  They gave up 41!  CG usually begins peaking at this time annually so a bit head scratching, but they could play a B/C level game for them and defeat Pike.  Which Pike shows up?  The one that game LC fits or the one that rolled over and let BD/WC score at will?  Either way, it won't matter.  GC wins 48-7.

Lawrence North @ Warren Central:  The Wildcats gave BD a scare on the road last week before falling late.  They now travel to a Warren team who righted the ship, at least temporarily with a rout of Pike.  Its pretty simple for Warren here.  They take care of the ball, they win.  They don't and they sweat it out if not lose.  I think the "good Warren" shows up this week.  Warren wins 30-14.

North Central @ Lawrence Central:  The Panthers are simply counting down to basketball season at this point in what has been a fall to forget.  LC gets back on track here after last week's track meet against CG.  Bears win 38-0.

What say you?

• Like 1

I think you're pretty spot on in the Ben Davis/Carmel game. History would favor the Giants because this series is tied again for the 8th time since 1996 and Carmel has not led the series since 1995. The Giants always seem to win the "series tied" matchups.

The only game I see different is the Warren/LN game. Lawrence North's a good football team. Not sure why they didn't put it together exactly. They really fought back twice from a couple of BD haymakers. I think that game with Warren is a one score affair. Warren wins though, 28-24

14 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I think you're pretty spot on in the Ben Davis/Carmel game. History would favor the Giants because this series is tied again for the 8th time since 1996 and Carmel has not led the series since 1995. The Giants always seem to win the "series tied" matchups.

The only game I see different is the Warren/LN game. Lawrence North's a good football team. Not sure why they didn't put it together exactly. They really fought back twice from a couple of BD haymakers. I think that game with Warren is a one score affair. Warren wins though, 28-24

I do think that is a high possibility. Especially the last couple of years LN has played Warren really tough even if they didn't have the players. Minus that sectional game a couple of years back when they sacked the QB 8 times and Omar Cooper didn't catch a single pass. The defense was on fire that game. But it is at Warren so I think it will be more like 28-21, and Warren will be in control the entire game and LN will be playing catch up.

18 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Rumor has it that there was a brawl at a previous game, but I’m not sure how limiting tickets potentially eliminates a brawl.

Correct.  It’s a cop out.  Letting the idiots win…and it’s being adopted by more schools than just Pike.

These last two Fridays, Warren and Ben Davis have cut off ticket sales at 4 PM and are doing online sales only.

Nothing says we are out of touch more so than making it harder for the average fan that just wants to check out a local high school game on Friday night and support his/her community.

Hate to say this and I know it is going to piss you off but Center Grove and Carmel are looking smarter with each passing day.

This nonsense is sorta proving them right.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central lost 35-14 to Lawrence North. Turnovers once again proved to be the outcome. The Warriors now can no longer have a winning regular season record. WC finishes the MIC at 2-3. I have no words right now 

Yikes.  

3 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central lost 35-14 to Lawrence North. Turnovers once again proved to be the outcome. The Warriors now can no longer have a winning regular season record. WC finishes the MIC at 2-3. I have no words right now 

The MIC is still good even without Carmel aand Center Grove. Every week is a battle even against game NC and Pike. They are likely to win their sectional and have another shot at CG in the Regional Final. Still a lot of talent at WC.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JustRules said:

The MIC is still good even without Carmel aand Center Grove. Every week is a battle even against game NC and Pike. They are likely to win their sectional and have another shot at CG in the Regional Final. Still a lot of talent at WC.

Basically a five game conference schedule with an extra bye (when NC is on the schedule).

Then you have two teams(Pike/Warren) whose offenses hand out gifts every Friday nights and spot the other team 14 points.

All done in front of dozens of fans because each administration is terrified those in the stands won’t behave so they lock up each home game like it’s a red carpet VIP only event.

Like I said above, CG and Carmel are being proven right and laughing their asses off right now.

A far cry from what folks thought a few short months ago…

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

Warren Central is only going to win their sectional because the other three teams in it are Perry Meridan, Southport, and Tech.  This program is a shell of its former self.  There is no excuse for them to ever lose to LN by three touchdowns.  All the players and coaches need to do some serious soul-searching on Saturday morning.  They might not have even hit rock bottom yet.  The next two weeks against Carmel and Christian Brothers (Missouri) could get really ugly.

Ben Davis probably could’ve and should’ve beaten Carmel last night.  Outplayed them most of the night, but if if’s and but’s were candies and nuts, it’s be Christmas all year round.

Simmons with BD has to be disappointed, 4-3 could easily be 6-1 and maybe 7-0.  Better figure out the mistakes before tournament starts.

Two words: Reece Bellin

1 hour ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central's freshman and JV football teams finished MIC play as champions!!! The future is bright for the Warriors after all. Just thought I'd share that with the GID

The 2023 class and the 2025 classes both went undefeated and should be state contenders right now. What is happening between their Freshmen year and now? 

And what was the Freshman team's record?

1 hour ago, MonkeyButt said:

The 2023 class and the 2025 classes both went undefeated and should be state contenders right now. What is happening between their Freshmen year and now? 

Fair to say it doesn’t always translate to the next level?

1 hour ago, MonkeyButt said:

I have seen the 2023 class play CG since 7th grade, in my opinion the WC team was good, but was not special outside of 2 kids.  One of them does play anymore and just playes  basketball and the other one is New Pal. Stating Quarterback now

Edited by Trojanmp52

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I have seen the 2023 class play CG since 7th grade, in my opinion the WC team was good, but was not special outside of 2 kids.  One of them does play anymore and just playes  basketball and the other one is New Pal. Stating Quarterback now

I know the two you are talking about. The one isn't playing basketball. He just dropped out of everything altogether. Yes the QB is at New Pal, but there are definitely several more weapons than those two. 

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

In other news, dozens involved in a post game brawl in the parking lot following last night’s LN/WC game…

Embarrassing.

Soon we are likely heading for two tickets per player and everyone else has to pay for the live stream.

That is so frustrating! Athletes and families don't get to enjoy the fullness of the game at WC because as soon as the buzzer sounds security and everyone is being herded out of the stadium immediately. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temptation said:

In other news, dozens involved in a post game brawl in the parking lot following last night’s LN/WC game…

Embarrassing.

Soon we are likely heading for two tickets per player and everyone else has to pay for the live stream.

Link?