Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC RANKINGS DISPARITY

It's always kind of fun to look at the Sagarin ratings vs. the AP and Coaches Polls.  There's a huge disparity between them for the CIC teams.

I made a chart . . . Yes, I have too much time on my hands.

I guess I'm wondering who do you trust more in rankings.  If you notice Sagarin has Oak Hill 4th, but the coaches say 12th.

The biggest is Alexandria.  Sagarin has them 36th, even behind Frankton, but the polls show them 10th and 12th.

That's really strange.  So, any thoughts about this or comments.  Not looking to bash anyone or any team, but these numbers seem to be way off.

SAGARIN

CLASS

RANKING

SAGARIN

STATE

RANK

SAGARIN

RATING

AP POLL

COACHES

POLL

Oak Hill – 3A

Eastbrook – 2A

Frankton – 2A

NA

NA

Alexandria – 2A

Madison-Grant – 1A

Not ranked

For me the AP seems the most accurate. 

Oak hill could make some noise this year junior high not very good.

Eastbrook is not a top 10 team this year but will be good in future years. Junior high decent.

Frankton has better talent at the 7-10 grade level. We will see though

Alexandria better enjoy the next 2 years before the bottom falls out. 

Madison grant has a good team but same problem as Alexandria absolutely no youth program.  They will struggle after this group.

Ole Miss has some youth talent but will struggle with keeping kids eligible at the next level. 

Elwood is awful but has a decent grade group although will play 8th in 7th grade game. 

Blackford is struggling with junior high and high school to get players.

Overall, just not a very strong conference, but Oak Hill appears to have the real deal at the Varsity level this season.

Eastbrook is obviously down after losing to Alex and narrowly beating Frankton.  They'll finish up either 6-3 or 5-4.

Alex had a great win vs Eastbrook, but got a decent beatdown by a 3-3 Eastern Hancock team in week 1.  Blanked by Mississinewa...Likely to lose to Oak Hill, but I think they get past Frankton...toss-up in week 9 vs Madison-Grant.

Frankton is improved, but isn't scoring points save for Elwood.  Take out that game, they're only scoring 10 per game, which is drastically different than their 40 per game with Elwood included.  Need more offense to have a chance these next few weeks...anywhere between 3-6 and 5-4 depends entirely on their Offense based on scores.  They'll beat Blackford in week 9...need more offense vs Madison Grant and Alex in weeks 7 & 8.

Mississinewa played Norwell close in week 1, by far Norwell's closest game and they're the top ranked team in 3A.  They should win out...even beating Eastbrook in week 9!!

Madison-Grant finishes up with Frankton, Eastbrook, and Alex...should be a solid defensive battle vs Frankton and Eastbrook...teams able to pass the ball better win those weeks.

• Like 1