Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cincinnati LaSalle vs. Cathedral (at Arlington)

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

This is usually a very competitive game, and probably will be again this season.  It will be interesting to see how the Irish respond to the inactivity the last two weeks.  Long range forecast looks good also.

Unless the sprinklers or hose make an appearance, lol...how much speed does LaSalle have?

(Sorry, I had to.)

• Haha 1

Lasalle has at least 3 defenders that have college offers.  #9-Free Safety has multiple FBS offers.  #5-Strong Safety/LB has some FCS offers and #2 Corner has some D2 offers.  They all have good speed and athleticism.  LaSalle has lost a few games but have a tough schedule.

Edited by Sports Freak20
spelling

2 hours ago, Sports Freak20 said:

Lasalle has at least 3 defenders that have college offers.  #9-Free Safety has multiple FBS offers.  #5-Strong Safety/LB has some FCS offers and #2 Corner has some D2 offers.  They all have good speed and athleticism.  LaSalle has lost a few games but have a tough schedule.

Any truth to the rumors that Cathedral has asked the game be moved to Sarasota, FL Friday night?

Edited by temptation

This LaSalle team is athletic, but doesn't appear to tackle as well as teams in the past...If our D-Line is aggressive and dominates the LOS we should have the advantage...Road game, long travel, later start for them (time difference) are all a plus for the home-team...I hope we are able to sub players in and stay fresh/in attack mode

7 minutes ago, IrishFan1997 said:

This LaSalle team is athletic, but doesn't appear to tackle as well as teams in the past...If our D-Line is aggressive and dominates the LOS we should have the advantage...Road game, long travel, later start for them (time difference) are all a plus for the home-team...I hope we are able to sub players in and stay fresh/in attack mode

Should be fresh as a daisy coming off two bye weeks.

6 hours ago, IrishFan1997 said:

What time difference?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, IrishFan1997 said:

Cathedral has their own time zone now?

Edited by Impartial_Observer

3 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Does anyone know if there will be a Cathedral tailgate for this game?  I always arrive early so it doesn't matter to me, but I've had a couple of fans ask me and I really don't know.

Tickets will be available at the gate, cash only.

There is a tailgate so come out.  Also, use this link to purchase tickets. https://sites.eventlink.com/s/cathedral-high-school/Tickets

3 hours ago, Sports Freak20 said:

There is a tailgate so come out.  Also, use this link to purchase tickets. https://sites.eventlink.com/s/cathedral-high-school/Tickets

Thaks for the info.  I'll eat light during the day.  And my ticket is in hand.   I'll be there early too!

Edited by PHJIrish
  • Like 1

The Irish played well tonight!  Final score Irish 37, Lancers 6

The Irish rolled up a 30-0 halftime lead, and scored on their first possession of the 2nd half to bring on the mercy rule.  The Lancers scored on a long 76 yard run in the 4th quarter to snap Cathedral's 11 straight shutout quarters.

Also Jaron Tibbs is now the all time Irish leader in receiving yards, and becomes the first Irish receiver to go over 2000 yards.  He's the real deal!  Boilermakers fans will enjoy his receiving talents, I'm sure!

Best of luck to the Lancers the rest of the season.  They play St. X next week.  The Irish play Brebeuf Jesuit back at Arlington Middle School next week for homecoming week.  And the Arlington grass field held up quite well tonight.

Oh, and it was good to be back in the stands this week.  I wasn't a very good keyboard jockey the last two Friday nights.😉

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Best of luck to the Lancers the rest of the season.  They play St. X next week. 

Yeah, only 5 miles between the 2 schools.  St. X is an unusual 2-5 (one of the wins against Penn).  Should be a close game between teams having slightly down years.

I still have no clue if the Irish are any good. Our first test since Brownsburg is looking like Center Grove, which is unfortunate. We don't feel as good as last year, but we haven't played anyone yet that we can measure ourselves by. I feel like we could beat CG by 10 or lose by 30. Then bye. Then brutal playoff road. Weird year. 

I think Chatard should have played LaSalle and Cathedral should have played Christian Brothers (MO).  I have never seen anyone run over Chatard like that.  Christian Brothers has the best offense of any high school team that I have seen this year.  Teams have beat Chatard like that before with the pass, but CB was able to run the ball and get 10 and 15 yards just about every play in the first half.  This is the most points Chatard has given up since Ritter scored 56 on them in 2012.