Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 8

Can’t argue with either of the spreads other than my Alices.

Reitz and Castle have favorable match ups.

MD has found themselves again IMO.

North looked nothing like a team that was fading late season. I feel they should be favored at home. 

VL/Memorial is even. It’s gut check time for the Alices. The next two weeks carry a lot of weight. Compete and carry some momentum into the postseason . 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

VL/Memorial is even. It’s gut check time for the Alices. The next two weeks carry a lot of weight. Compete and carry some momentum into the postseason . 

Memorial should be pretty mad after coming off Friday nights loss. But Xander Hunt is going to be tough to contain for the Tigers

On 10/1/2022 at 11:54 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Memorial should be pretty mad after coming off Friday nights loss. But Xander Hunt is going to be tough to contain for the Tigers

I haven't seen VL on film so I don't know much of anything. He seems to be a thinner version of Vera, right? 

I don't think this will be a fun week of practice for the Tigers. Reitz is good but we had a some critical mistakes. Our QB continues to impress me. I'll admit I was skeptical at first, but now in hindsight I wish we had started him from Wk.1.  He may have been able to keep us in the first games on his athletic ability alone. Its a new week so I'm looking forward to seeing how we respond, but mostly excited to just see a different field for a change. I haven't been to Inman Field since 2011.  

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/10/03/could-the-ncaa-transfer-portal-come-to-ihsaa-high-schools/65473757007/

The Courier had this article today about the transfers. It is behind a paywall, but it is a somewhat cursory look at the issue anyway. Doesn't mention all the transfers that took place (only Herdes, Davies and Rode). Pretty sure there was more than just Davies who transferred to Reitz from other EVSC schools. Mentions that Herdes moved and Rode had to file a lawsuit, but not whether any of the others moved or just got waivers since they were EVSC to EVSC.  

2 hours ago, tango said:

I haven't seen VL on film so I don't know much of anything. He seems to be a thinner version of Vera, right? 

To sum it up, Hunt will either drop 200 passing yards or run for 150 yards. Or both if he feels like it, very good dynamic player on their Offense 

Massey:

Central at Castle (-28), 93% chance of winning for the Knights 

Harrison at Mater Dei (-26), 92% chance of winning for the Cats

Reitz (-29) at Bosse, 90% chance of victory for the Panthers

Jasper (-3) at North, 55% chance of victory for the Cats

Memorial (-10) at Vincennes, 70% chance of victory for the Tigers

9 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Memorial (-10) at Vincennes, 70% chance of victory for the Tigers

I'm a bit surprised at this line. Granted, I've seen neither of them play any games at all this year, but just looking at common opponents, score differentials, etc. I would have thought this would be a closer spread, if not a pick em at home for the Alices.

That's my expert armchair opinion through my minutes and minutes of internet research while sitting on the crapper, so it's pretty much gospel.

Either way, S30 is looking interesting. If GS and VL get paired up first round on Sunday, folks up and down 41 are going to be P!$$ED.

To put it mildly.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tango said:

I don't think this will be a fun week of practice for the Tigers. Reitz is good but we had a some critical mistakes. Our QB continues to impress me. I'll admit I was skeptical at first, but now in hindsight I wish we had started him from Wk.1.  He may have been able to keep us in the first games on his athletic ability alone. Its a new week so I'm looking forward to seeing how we respond, but mostly excited to just see a different field for a change. I haven't been to Inman Field since 2011.  

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/10/03/could-the-ncaa-transfer-portal-come-to-ihsaa-high-schools/65473757007/

The Courier had this article today about the transfers. It is behind a paywall, but it is a somewhat cursory look at the issue anyway. Doesn't mention all the transfers that took place (only Herdes, Davies and Rode). Pretty sure there was more than just Davies who transferred to Reitz from other EVSC schools. Mentions that Herdes moved and Rode had to file a lawsuit, but not whether any of the others moved or just got waivers since they were EVSC to EVSC.  

Appreciate the Courier's effort to bring the issue to light - but it is not new to this year nor will it stop in the future. Those that play the game best will reap the rewards. 

Publishers hands are tied really for coming out and calling it what it is - everyone is afraid to get sued nowadays - IHSAA included. 

9 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Lincoln is 0-4 against Memorial and Jasper since re-joining the SIAC (after a 2-1 stint against the Cats in the Big 8 to start Levi Salters’ tenure).

Nothing more needs said for this week and next.

SAC UP

If my eyes deceive me, but did Vincennes only have 71 total offensive yards against North?

53 minutes ago, jets said:

Appreciate the Courier's effort to bring the issue to light - but it is not new to this year nor will it stop in the future. Those that play the game best will reap the rewards. 

Publishers hands are tied really for coming out and calling it what it is - everyone is afraid to get sued nowadays - IHSAA included. 

In Evansville, a transfer with full eligibility appears to be much easier if it is from one EVSC school to another. I have not looked at rosters from prior years compared to this year, but I have heard a lot of talk that other students (in addition to Davies) transferred to Reitz from other EVSC schools. It would have been interesting for the article to have pointed out all the transfers and if they all involved changes of residence. Hence my characterization of the article as cursory.

To be clear, I fully support the notion that a student should be able to transfer to and from whatever school they want and think the IHSAA has no business telling a family their kid can't fully participate if they decide another school is a better fit. But each case should be treated fairly. It wouldn't take Woodward & Bernstein to see that in the Rode case something else was going on and drill down on it a little bit. But, as you say, maybe they were afraid of making someone mad.    

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

If my eyes deceive me, but did Vincennes only have 71 total offensive yards against North?

Don't know the totals, but VL had a KOR for TD and one or two others for good yards. 

20 minutes ago, tango said:

Don't know the totals, but VL had a KOR for TD and one or two others for good yards. 

Hudl lists Vincennes with a total of 3 passing yards and 68 rushing yards. If that is correct, North shut down Vincennes the entire night. But it did seem like North had some mistakes too, since they needed a late TD

Edited by TigerFan20

Central @ Castle - The Knights win this one by a lot and the Bears move closer to a winless season.

Harrison @ Mater Dei - Harrison may hang around a bit but Wildcats win going away. Interested to see if the rejuvenated Harrison offense can put up points in this one.

Memorial @ Vincennes - This is a tough call and I do think VL can make this a close game or even win if the QB goes wild. But I think the Tigers win by 1-2 scores. Great matchup here and will definitely watch the broadcast.

Reitz @ Bosse - I think Bosse and Harrison may hang around this week longer than they should. Reitz and MD will both be looking toward the week 9 Westside Rumble. Reitz still wins by a lot and continues to be undefeated. Biggest question here is whether Reitz will transition back to Davies at QB full time this week or if they will continue to roll with Vera at times.

GAME OF THE WEEK:

Jasper @ North - I can see this one going either way. Both teams riding on some momentum right now, this should absolutely be a great game. I believe both teams are at or near fully healthy now. Can North stop the Jasper rushing attack? Will North be able to air it out if they need to? I think it's back and forth and Jasper finds a way to win in the end.

Edited by Football Fanatic

4 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Central @ Castle - The Knights win this one by a lot and the Bears move closer to a winless season.

Harrison @ Mater Dei - Harrison may hang around a bit but Wildcats win going away. Interested to see if the rejuvenated Harrison offense can put up points in this one.

Memorial @ Vincennes - This is a tough call and I do think VL can make this a close game or even win if the QB goes wild. But I think the Tigers win by 1-2 scores. Great matchup here and will definitely watch the broadcast.

Reitz @ Bosse - I think Bosse and Harrison may hang around this week longer than they should. Reitz and MD will both be looking toward the week 9 Westside Rumble. Reitz still wins by a lot and continues to be undefeated. Biggest question here is whether Reitz will transition back to Davies at QB full time this week or if they will continue to roll with Vera at times.

GAME OF THE WEEK:

Jasper @ North - I can see this one going either way. Both teams riding on some momentum right now, this should absolutely be a great game. I believe both teams are at or near fully healthy now. Can North stop the Jasper rushing attack? Will North be able to air it out if they need to? I think it's back and forth and Jasper finds a way to win in the end.

I probably missed it...but where is the Memorial Vincennes game being broadcast?

41 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Hudl lists Vincennes with a total of 3 passing yards and 68 rushing yards. If that is correct, North shut down Vincennes the entire night. But it did seem like North had some mistakes too, since they needed a late TD

That seems incorrect. They had more than 3 passing yards.