Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 8

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

If my eyes deceive me, but did Vincennes only have 71 total offensive yards against North?

Eh…that must’ve been a misprint wherever you saw it. Hunt had 135 yards on the ground by himself. 

North did hold the Lincoln ground game in check though for the most part. People weren’t kidding about their roster. Probably the biggest and most athletic in the conference.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

Eh…that must’ve been a misprint wherever you saw it. Hunt had 135 yards on the ground by himself. 

North did hold the Lincoln ground game in check though for the most part. People weren’t kidding about their roster. Probably the biggest and most athletic in the conference.

I was about to say, it just looked like North should have blown out VL with that kind of defensive stats I saw on Hudl. Do you have an updated stat sheet you can send me, so I can update the Weekly team stats? 

Edited by TigerFan20

8 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Yeah guess I’ve never mentioned the YouTube channel…if you don’t want any commentary.

Obviously as a homer I like hearing Daniel Ashby’s call on WZDM so I watch their stream. But the YouTube broadcast is probably better video quality. 

8 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Been watching some Vincennes games on WZDM, just think, Vincennes was a just a few plays away from being 6-1 (Beating Reitz and North) and tied for 1st place (Assuming Reitz is 6-1 too). Especially after a crazy offseason about that leaving the SIAC. 

Wasn't Reitz missing 5 starters in that game?

39 minutes ago, TheMole said:

Reitz had 1 defensive starter out against Lincoln....time management and big plays cost Vincennes that week

The Reitz faithful are telling me if they were to play again it might be a running clock.  Hard to get a gauge on the SIAC this season, we will learn a lot more about VL tonight and next Friday.  Interesting that this is your first post.

39 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The Reitz faithful are telling me if they were to play again it might be a running clock.  Hard to get a gauge on the SIAC this season, we will learn a lot more about VL tonight and next Friday.  Interesting that this is your first post.

Well, I just joined so my first post has to be somewhere. Of course the Reitz faithful will say that. Just like the Vincennes faithful will say they are 2 or 3 plays from being 6-1

47 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

This Reitz team could beat the Bears with 11 Ditkas... 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TheMole said:

Well, I just joined so my first post has to be somewhere. Of course the Reitz faithful will say that. Just like the Vincennes faithful will say they are 2 or 3 plays from being 6-1

Ok...just got this straight from the top at Reitz.  They had 3 defensive starters out in that game.  

47 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Ok...just got this straight from the top at Reitz.  They had 3 defensive starters out in that game.  

That sounds right. And I think they had 1 or 2 more starters that got hurt during the game. Also, I think they had about a dozen penalties that game. Reitz really was fortunate to win that. But it must have been a wake up call because they’ve been rolling ever since. 

• Like 1

Week 8 picks

Central at Castle

Castle should beat the Bears pretty easily, give me the Knights in a running clock 

Reitz at Bosse

Reitz is pretty motivated right now on potentially winning the SIAC outright tonight. Reitz in a running clock

Harrison at Mater Dei

Looks like the Wildcats are in the grove now winning 3 straight. Harrison’s new QB looks solid too. Give the me the Wildcats by a 3-4 scores.

Memorial at Vincennes 

Both teams are coming off fairly close loses, especially Memorial coming off a hard loss against Reitz. Vincennes is also coming off another hard 3 point loss to North. This game is going to be  fun seeing which team will overcome tonight. Memorial has to be furious on the way they played like last week. Vincennes should be too, losing to another close game on home grass. QB Xander Hunt will be a problem tonight, but I think the Tigers respond back in a close one. Memorial by a score. 

Game of the Week

Something is brewing on North US-41, as an Husky win tonight and next week against Central will certify a winning season for the first time in 15 years. The only problem is that a fiery Jasper team is in the way, coming off a big OT win over Castle and a strong running performance by Jasper’s Perkins. But this is an intriguing matchup overall, as North’s St. Louis has been one of the best backs in the conference and coming off a 189 yard performance against a good Vincennes rushing defense. But that is not all! As both teams are the top 2 rushing defenses in the entire conferences, with North (73.3 YPG) at #1 and Jasper (87.6 YPG) at #2. It’s going to be a battle in the trenches tonight, that’s for sure. But what about the air? North gives up 174.7 YPG and Jasper gives up 164.0 YPG. If running the ball doesn’t work tonight, this will be a struggle, but North does have an advantage in the better passing game.  Give me the Huskies in a very tight game by 3.