Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (10/1)

6 minutes ago, Southside said:

I bet the Grovers are going to find out soon why you have to play out of state teams to fill a schedule. Especially if the MIC teams stop playing them. 

Look at what Cathedral had to do this year. They are all over the state AND had to play a team from Cinci. I think they even had a bye this year because they couldn't find a game for week 5. 

Exactly my point! CG and Carmel haven’t been able to fill there schedule for next season yet because there MIC contracts are up, and no one but BD and LN will play them?? And LN won’t play them after next season. There’s rumors about CG, Carmel, and Cathedral playing each other 2 times per season.. That would be unfortunate if it comes to that.

7 minutes ago, HomeCookin said:

There’s rumors about CG, Carmel, and Cathedral playing each other 2 times per season.

Why would Cathedral have to do that? It was already announced a while back that they added Carmel to their schedule in the future. I think they added Roncalli back to their schedule starting soon. Also, the remaining MIC teams now have open weeks in their schedule(CG and Carmel weeks), so they could probably pick up some games there. Cathedral should actually have an easier time filling their schedule now. 

6 minutes ago, Southside said:

Why would Cathedral have to do that? It was already announced a while back that they added Carmel to their schedule in the future. I think they added Roncalli back to their schedule starting soon. Also, the remaining MIC teams now have open weeks in their schedule(CG and Carmel weeks), so they could probably pick up some games there. Cathedral should actually have an easier time filling their schedule now. 

Maybe you’re correct. I doubt the same MIC teams that are tired of getting beat by CG and Carmel are going to add Cathedral to there schedule though.

Nobody wants bye weeks in there already short seasons. Hopefully all 3 can get 9 games scheduled for next season without playing anyone twice.

36 minutes ago, temptation said:

I agree but after the news broke everyone was “concerned” that CG/Carmel would have trouble finding opponents…then everyone kept playing them but it “doesn’t count” in the conference standings…

Its a joke…

Might as well be what soccer enthusiasts refer to as “a friendly.”

The MIC contract is up this year. Next season is when the scheduling woes start. BD and LN are the only MIC teams signed up after this year, and LN will fall off the following season. 

3 hours ago, temptation said:

I can take the heat.  Trust me.

One moment you are outraged and nit pick every aspect of the rankings and then in the next breath, you state that they are irrelevant, lol.

"Outraged?" Not at all. "Nit pick?" Absolutely! "Irrelevant?" Only in the capacity that they only give suggestions as to the best teams in a particular order, but have no bearing on actual results at the end of the year. They are for fun. Please continue to post so I can continue to nit pick. Well of course unless I agree with your opinions. 🙂

2 hours ago, HomeCookin said:

All of the arguments on this topic are good. Fortunately for Roncalli, New Pal, and any other school that feels there strength of schedule is holding them down have a GOLDEN opportunity to add CG, Carmel, Cathedral, and probably a couple other MIC schools to there schedule starting next season. But I’m willing to bet none of them will.

Hard for me to understand why you would schedule a 6A team from out of state when there’s plenty of schools locally looking for games.

If there were two lower class schools that would schedule CG, Carmel, and/Cathedral it would be New Pal and Roncalli. 

27 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

"Outraged?" Not at all. "Nit pick?" Absolutely! "Irrelevant?" Only in the capacity that they only give suggestions as to the best teams in a particular order, but have no bearing on actual results at the end of the year. They are for fun. Please continue to post so I can continue to nit pick. Well of course unless I agree with your opinions. 🙂

You’ve had at least 3 rambling manifestos this week regarding the rankings.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

If there were two lower class schools that would schedule CG, Carmel, and/Cathedral it would be New Pal and Roncalli. 

New Pal has in the past and they play CG’s middle schools, but I don’t think Roncalli wants anything to do with it. 

I’m more disappointed with the top HCC teams unwilling to schedule. Perhaps there’s more to it, but they didn’t want CG and Carmel in there conference either…

5 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

Roncalli has ducked Cathedral for over a decade. Fairly positive they are the ones who dropped Center Grove way back when as those teams always used to open up with each other.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HomeCookin said:

Maybe you’re correct. I doubt the same MIC teams that are tired of getting beat by CG and Carmel are going to add Cathedral to there schedule though.

Nobody wants bye weeks in there already short seasons. Hopefully all 3 can get 9 games scheduled for next season without playing anyone twice.

North Central is replacing CG with Cathedral beginning in 2023 and Ben Davis is adding Cathedral starting in 2025, according to their websites.

9 hours ago, temptation said:

I’m sure they’ll continue to figure it out.

CG/Carmel will be better off in the long term than the MIC 6…it just may take a bit of time.

More pressing to me?  Who is the MIC replacing them with?

It’s actually benefitting Carmel already because in a couple of years they’ll play 6 home games in the regular season (I’m 90% positive) which means for a larger gate and means they can pay teams to come to Carmel who provide the right competition, while maintaining teams such as CG and BD.

The athletic staff remains very good friends with many MIC administrators and teachers, but the Carmel team knew that going to the HCC would benefit their students much more in the long run. What (imo) they didn’t realize is that by being independent, it benefitted them way more than conference affiliation. I predict Carmel will not be affiliation with a conference any time in the next decade, at minimum.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, HomeCookin said:

All of the arguments on this topic are good. Fortunately for Roncalli, New Pal, and any other school that feels there strength of schedule is holding them down have a GOLDEN opportunity to add CG, Carmel, Cathedral, and probably a couple other MIC schools to there schedule starting next season. But I’m willing to bet none of them will.

Hard for me to understand why you would schedule a 6A team from out of state when there’s plenty of schools locally looking for games.

Totally agree....in fairness, NP did for a couple of years with CG and won those games....I would have liked to have seen that series last much longer.

Also, we all know that Roncalli and CG had a series for years.....but CG started winning the majority and it was dropped quickly.  I hated it because of locations and the huge gate draw for both schools.  Made zero financial sense.  Same for Whiteland and CG....played a number of years dominated by the Trojans.  But with Whiteland's growth, would love to see that series come back.  These schools are so close to one another....

31 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Totally agree....in fairness, NP did for a couple of years with CG and won those games....I would have liked to have seen that series last much longer.

Also, we all know that Roncalli and CG had a series for years.....but CG started winning the majority and it was dropped quickly.  I hated it because of locations and the huge gate draw for both schools.  Made zero financial sense.  Same for Whiteland and CG....played a number of years dominated by the Trojans.  But with Whiteland's growth, would love to see that series come back.  These schools are so close to one another....

This was a though-provoking strategic move from Roncalli's standpoint as Center Grove and Cathedral were the two most likely schools to poach kids from Roncalli's inherent feeder systems. 

49 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Sucks when adults with hurt feelings costs kids opportunities.

15 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

This was a though-provoking strategic move from Roncalli's standpoint as Center Grove and Cathedral were the two most likely schools to poach kids from Roncalli's inherent feeder systems. 

Sucks when adults with hurt feelings costs kids opportunities.

52 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Agree 100%!

12 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

It’s actually benefitting Carmel already because in a couple of years they’ll play 6 home games in the regular season (I’m 90% positive) which means for a larger gate and means they can pay teams to come to Carmel who provide the right competition, while maintaining teams such as CG and BD.

The athletic staff remains very good friends with many MIC administrators and teachers, but the Carmel team knew that going to the HCC would benefit their students much more in the long run. What (imo) they didn’t realize is that by being independent, it benefitted them way more than conference affiliation. I predict Carmel will not be affiliation with a conference any time in the next decade, at minimum.

Just curious if you know how the Trinity attendance was for the game at Carmel this season?

Typically teams sign at least a 2yr contract. If Carmel has 6 home games 1 season I would say they’ll have 6 away games the next. Unless they’re signing new teams the following season. 

On 10/2/2022 at 12:37 PM, HomeCookin said:

Exactly my point! CG and Carmel haven’t been able to fill there schedule for next season yet because there MIC contracts are up, and no one but BD and LN will play them?? And LN won’t play them after next season. There’s rumors about CG, Carmel, and Cathedral playing each other 2 times per season.. That would be unfortunate if it comes to that.

Plainfield scheduled Carmel out of emergency during the Covid year (wink wink)

7 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

You can't be serious.  Roncalli had been poaching CG kids for decades.  I played in CG's bantam league with the Corsaros in the 70s.  They were fine with playing until they started losing every year and realized the kids they used to get would rather play at CG.

5 minutes ago, Grover said:

You can't be serious.  Roncalli had been poaching CG kids for decades.  I played in CG's bantam league with the Corsaros in the 70s.  They were fine with playing until they started losing every year and realized the kids they used to get would rather play at CG.

You’re reinforcing my point lol. I didn’t say Roncalli did a smart thing, just alluding why they dropped both Center Grove and Cathedral. Both CG and Cathedral were the two biggest threats to Roncalli in terms of where they drew their kids and the thought process behind dropping both schools was to mitigate the loss of feeder school kids.