Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $2,942.04 of $3,600 target

Late season state championship contenders (and my predictions)


Recommended Posts

So it’s late in the season. Sectional draw is a week away from tomorrow!! Who is everyone’s picks for the state title run? 
 

here are mine.. 

 

1A: Indy luthern beats north Judson. 
 

2A: Andrean defeats EVMD 

can you say rematch??? 
 

3A: as much as I wanna say hanover central because they light up the scoreboard…. I’m gonna go with 

west Lafayette defeating Gibson southern

 

4A: Indy roncali defeats Northwood 

5A: merrillville vs Bloomington south (you all know who wins) 

6A: CATHEDRAL TAKES 6A defeating Carmel! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6A:  Brownsburg over Carmel

5A:  Fort Wayne Snider over Whiteland

4A:  New Palestine over NorthWood

3A:  Chatard over Gibson Southern

2A:  Linton-Stockton over Andrean

1A:  Adams Central over Lutheran

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6A:     Cathedral over Carmel

5A:     Snider over Whiteland 

4A:     New Pal over Northwood

3A:     Norwell over Chatard

2A:     Mater Dei over Luers

1A:     Indy Lutheran over North Judson

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, BTF said:

6A:     Cathedral over Carmel

5A:     Snider over Whiteland 

4A:     New Pal over Northwood

3A:     Norwell over Chatard

2A:     Mater Dei over Luers

1A:     Indy Lutheran over North Judson

Aren't Norwell and Chatard both in the North?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Comments:

 

6A:  Brownsburg is making a very strong case vs everyone   

5A:  whoever mediocres there way into the finals.  No one is seperating from the pack and they are loosing to teams they should not   

4A:  Roncalli/New Pal winner smokes Northwood.   

3A:  Chatard is down.   Could Lawrenceburg sneak out of south?  Does GS have a difference maker to carry them in a game?

2A:  Not Scecina.  Too small and not over the top athletic enough.  I also don’t thing MD is as not good as last season.    Really like Linton’s size and athletes   I also think Andrean took a step back when they lost their QB   

1A:  . Lutheran is going to obliterate the field.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

5A:  whoever mediocres there way into the finals.  No one is seperating from the pack and they are loosing to teams they should not 

Care to elaborate here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like all the other classes have leaders emerging.  5A has one big jumble.  Either parity or no one is outstanding.  5A #1Whiteland loses in a surprise, #1 Mishawaka loses to a middle of the pack Northwood.  
 

There has been talk on this forum that the true 5A enrollment schools don’t stack up well against some of 4A/3A schools.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fenderbender said:

Seems like all the other classes have leaders emerging.  5A has one big jumble.  Either parity or no one is outstanding.  5A #1Whiteland loses in a surprise, #1 Mishawaka loses to a middle of the pack Northwood.  
 

There has been talk on this forum that the true 5A enrollment schools don’t stack up well against some of 4A/3A schools.  

I wouldn't bet on any 3A teams beating Snider or Merrillville. In 4A you have New Pal and Roncalli. But those two would beat most 6A schools.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, BTF said:

I wouldn't bet on any 3A teams beating Snider or Merrillville. In 4A you have New Pal and Roncalli. But those two would beat most 6A schools.

Chatard smoked Merrillville two years ago and then you still have to explain #1 Mishawaka vs Northwood.  
 

 

Edited by fenderbender
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, fenderbender said:

Chatard smoked Merrillville two years ago and then you still have to explain #1 Mishawaka vs Northwood. 
 

I would argue that two years ago doesn't equate to 2022 and Mishawaka was never really the #1 team in the class. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I would argue that two years ago doesn't equate to 2022 and Mishawaka was never really the #1 team in the class. 

I would also take last years Gibson Southern team vs the field in 5A. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

I would also take last years Gibson Southern team vs the field in 5A. 

I mean….Brebeuf was technically a 4A team all of last year so hypothetically it could happen…but at the same time, GS had to score like 30 points unanswered to win by 10.  
 

beating a great 4A team in 3A last year was hard enough.  Saying they could beat all of 5A this year….idk might be a little lofty 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

6A   Brownsburg over HSE

5A  Whiteland over FW Snider

4A  New Palestine over Norhtwood

3A  Chatard over Gibson Southern

2A  Linton over Andrean

1A  Lutheran over Adam Central

Whiteland is a huge question mark with how rough they looked last 2 weeks. It’s like there weakness has been found 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, temptation said:

I’ll play.


6A:  Cathedral over HSE

5A:  Whiteland over Snider 

4A:  New Palestine over NorthWood

3A:  Gibson Southern over Chatard

2A:  Scecina over Andrean

1A:  Lutheran over Adams Central

This is pretty close to how I see it playing out.  
 

however for 3A I’ll go Lawrenceburg over West Lafayette. 

I would love to see GS make it back to LOS and go for B2B titles….but at the same time everyone in the GS community essentially put the expectation of a state title on the team the last 4 years….especially on Brady Allen.  I’m thankful Brady lived up to those expectations and it happened the way it did. 

I think right now this years GS team has already exceeded everyone’s expectations going 7-0 through a schedule most were hoping we would be 5-2 on.  

i honestly just want them to win the sectional and take it a week at a time from there.  
 

I think Lawrenceburg vs West Lafayette would be a lot of fun to watch and a good game….and Lawrenceburg has continually just ran into SW buzzsaws…between Memorial/Heritage Hills/GS it seems they always just run into the wrong team at the wrong time.  So it would be fun to see them get over the hump.  They will need to make some big upsets along the way but they could pull it off this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

 

This is pretty close to how I see it playing out.  
 

however for 3A I’ll go Lawrenceburg over West Lafayette. 

I would love to see GS make it back to LOS and go for B2B titles….but at the same time everyone in the GS community essentially put the expectation of a state title on the team the last 4 years….especially on Brady Allen.  I’m thankful Brady lived up to those expectations and it happened the way it did. 

I think right now this years GS team has already exceeded everyone’s expectations going 7-0 through a schedule most were hoping we would be 5-2 on.  

i honestly just want them to win the sectional and take it a week at a time from there.  
 

I think Lawrenceburg vs West Lafayette would be a lot of fun to watch and a good game….and Lawrenceburg has continually just ran into SW buzzsaws…between Memorial/Heritage Hills/GS it seems they always just run into the wrong team at the wrong time.  So it would be fun to see them get over the hump.  They will need to make some big upsets along the way but they could pull it off this year. 

I could be overreacting but this just doesn’t strike me as a vintage Chatard unit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

I could be overreacting but this just doesn’t strike me as a vintage Chatard unit.

I agree.  I think this is one of those years where they are truly a top 3A team.  
 

people always want to say they are a 4A team because of their tradition….this year it feels like they belong in 3A.  They have some dogfights ahead of them I think 

they easily could still end up in LoS on Black Friday but I think there are 3-5 3A teams who are not scared of them at all.  If anything…I think a few 3A teams want the opportunity to beat Chatard when usually 3A teams are trying to get them back to 4A or avoid them in the tournament 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a lot of football left to be played.  I appreciate the love on here for GS reaching the State Finals.  What appeared to be a favorable sectional change for GS is not as favorable as it was at the beginning of the season.  That being said when sectional time comes I'm sure VL and/or OV will have a say on how it ends.  This team (GS) has zero quit in them.  IB.          

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Whiteland is a huge question mark with how rough they looked last 2 weeks. It’s like there weakness has been found 

I'm hoping so.  Harrison started the season a two-TD underdog to Decatur Central and is now a 4-point favorite.  If they continue to work that, they can pick up their sectional which would, likely, pit them against Whiteland, who is a likely winner of their sectional and currently a 10-pt favorite over Harrison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

 

This is pretty close to how I see it playing out.  
 

however for 3A I’ll go Lawrenceburg over West Lafayette. 

I would love to see GS make it back to LOS and go for B2B titles….but at the same time everyone in the GS community essentially put the expectation of a state title on the team the last 4 years….especially on Brady Allen.  I’m thankful Brady lived up to those expectations and it happened the way it did. 

I think right now this years GS team has already exceeded everyone’s expectations going 7-0 through a schedule most were hoping we would be 5-2 on.  

i honestly just want them to win the sectional and take it a week at a time from there.  
 

I think Lawrenceburg vs West Lafayette would be a lot of fun to watch and a good game….and Lawrenceburg has continually just ran into SW buzzsaws…between Memorial/Heritage Hills/GS it seems they always just run into the wrong team at the wrong time.  So it would be fun to see them get over the hump.  They will need to make some big upsets along the way but they could pull it off this year. 

We never count for anything it seems lol...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Whiteland is a huge question mark with how rough they looked last 2 weeks. It’s like there weakness has been found 

Dropping 48 on a Mooresville team that was giving up an average of 15 points per game prior to Friday concerns you huh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I'm hoping so.  Harrison started the season a two-TD underdog to Decatur Central and is now a 4-point favorite.  If they continue to work that, they can pick up their sectional which would, likely, pit them against Whiteland, who is a likely winner of their sectional and currently a 10-pt favorite over Harrison.

I’m still trying to figure out what a “there weakness “. I gotta go 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...