Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Late season state championship contenders (and my predictions)

So it’s late in the season. Sectional draw is a week away from tomorrow!! Who is everyone’s picks for the state title run? 

here are mine.. 

1A: Indy luthern beats north Judson. 

2A: Andrean defeats EVMD 

can you say rematch??? 

3A: as much as I wanna say hanover central because they light up the scoreboard…. I’m gonna go with 

west Lafayette defeating Gibson southern

4A: Indy roncali defeats Northwood 

5A: merrillville vs Bloomington south (you all know who wins) 

6A: CATHEDRAL TAKES 6A defeating Carmel! 

6A:     Cathedral over Carmel

5A:     Snider over Whiteland 

4A:     New Pal over Northwood

3A:     Norwell over Chatard

2A:     Mater Dei over Luers

1A:     Indy Lutheran over North Judson

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BTF said:

6A:     Cathedral over Carmel

5A:     Snider over Whiteland 

4A:     New Pal over Northwood

3A:     Norwell over Chatard

2A:     Mater Dei over Luers

1A:     Indy Lutheran over North Judson

Aren't Norwell and Chatard both in the North?

General Comments:

6A:  Brownsburg is making a very strong case vs everyone   

5A:  whoever mediocres there way into the finals.  No one is seperating from the pack and they are loosing to teams they should not   

4A:  Roncalli/New Pal winner smokes Northwood.   

3A:  Chatard is down.   Could Lawrenceburg sneak out of south?  Does GS have a difference maker to carry them in a game?

2A:  Not Scecina.  Too small and not over the top athletic enough.  I also don’t thing MD is as not good as last season.    Really like Linton’s size and athletes   I also think Andrean took a step back when they lost their QB   

1A:  . Lutheran is going to obliterate the field.  

Seems like all the other classes have leaders emerging.  5A has one big jumble.  Either parity or no one is outstanding.  5A #1Whiteland loses in a surprise, #1 Mishawaka loses to a middle of the pack Northwood.  

There has been talk on this forum that the true 5A enrollment schools don’t stack up well against some of 4A/3A schools.  

1 minute ago, fenderbender said:

Seems like all the other classes have leaders emerging.  5A has one big jumble.  Either parity or no one is outstanding.  5A #1Whiteland loses in a surprise, #1 Mishawaka loses to a middle of the pack Northwood.  

There has been talk on this forum that the true 5A enrollment schools don’t stack up well against some of 4A/3A schools.  

I wouldn't bet on any 3A teams beating Snider or Merrillville. In 4A you have New Pal and Roncalli. But those two would beat most 6A schools.

56 minutes ago, BTF said:

I wouldn't bet on any 3A teams beating Snider or Merrillville. In 4A you have New Pal and Roncalli. But those two would beat most 6A schools.

Chatard smoked Merrillville two years ago and then you still have to explain #1 Mishawaka vs Northwood.  

Edited by fenderbender
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fenderbender said:

Chatard smoked Merrillville two years ago and then you still have to explain #1 Mishawaka vs Northwood. 

I would argue that two years ago doesn't equate to 2022 and Mishawaka was never really the #1 team in the class. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

I would also take last years Gibson Southern team vs the field in 5A. 

I mean….Brebeuf was technically a 4A team all of last year so hypothetically it could happen…but at the same time, GS had to score like 30 points unanswered to win by 10.  

beating a great 4A team in 3A last year was hard enough.  Saying they could beat all of 5A this year….idk might be a little lofty 

16 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

6A   Brownsburg over HSE

5A  Whiteland over FW Snider

4A  New Palestine over Norhtwood

3A  Chatard over Gibson Southern

2A  Linton over Andrean

1A  Lutheran over Adam Central

Whiteland is a huge question mark with how rough they looked last 2 weeks. It’s like there weakness has been found 

16 hours ago, temptation said:

I’ll play.

6A:  Cathedral over HSE

5A:  Whiteland over Snider 

4A:  New Palestine over NorthWood

3A:  Gibson Southern over Chatard

2A:  Scecina over Andrean

1A:  Lutheran over Adams Central

This is pretty close to how I see it playing out.  

however for 3A I’ll go Lawrenceburg over West Lafayette. 

I would love to see GS make it back to LOS and go for B2B titles….but at the same time everyone in the GS community essentially put the expectation of a state title on the team the last 4 years….especially on Brady Allen.  I’m thankful Brady lived up to those expectations and it happened the way it did. 

I think right now this years GS team has already exceeded everyone’s expectations going 7-0 through a schedule most were hoping we would be 5-2 on.  

i honestly just want them to win the sectional and take it a week at a time from there.  

I think Lawrenceburg vs West Lafayette would be a lot of fun to watch and a good game….and Lawrenceburg has continually just ran into SW buzzsaws…between Memorial/Heritage Hills/GS it seems they always just run into the wrong team at the wrong time.  So it would be fun to see them get over the hump.  They will need to make some big upsets along the way but they could pull it off this year. 

14 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I would love to see GS make it back to LOS and go for B2B titles….but at the same time everyone in the GS community essentially put the expectation of a state title on the team the last 4 years….especially on Brady Allen.  I’m thankful Brady lived up to those expectations and it happened the way it did. 

I think right now this years GS team has already exceeded everyone’s expectations going 7-0 through a schedule most were hoping we would be 5-2 on.  

i honestly just want them to win the sectional and take it a week at a time from there.  

I think Lawrenceburg vs West Lafayette would be a lot of fun to watch and a good game….and Lawrenceburg has continually just ran into SW buzzsaws…between Memorial/Heritage Hills/GS it seems they always just run into the wrong team at the wrong time.  So it would be fun to see them get over the hump.  They will need to make some big upsets along the way but they could pull it off this year. 

I could be overreacting but this just doesn’t strike me as a vintage Chatard unit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

I could be overreacting but this just doesn’t strike me as a vintage Chatard unit.

I agree.  I think this is one of those years where they are truly a top 3A team.  

people always want to say they are a 4A team because of their tradition….this year it feels like they belong in 3A.  They have some dogfights ahead of them I think 

they easily could still end up in LoS on Black Friday but I think there are 3-5 3A teams who are not scared of them at all.  If anything…I think a few 3A teams want the opportunity to beat Chatard when usually 3A teams are trying to get them back to 4A or avoid them in the tournament 

• Like 1

There's a lot of football left to be played.  I appreciate the love on here for GS reaching the State Finals.  What appeared to be a favorable sectional change for GS is not as favorable as it was at the beginning of the season.  That being said when sectional time comes I'm sure VL and/or OV will have a say on how it ends.  This team (GS) has zero quit in them.  IB.          

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Whiteland is a huge question mark with how rough they looked last 2 weeks. It’s like there weakness has been found 

I'm hoping so.  Harrison started the season a two-TD underdog to Decatur Central and is now a 4-point favorite.  If they continue to work that, they can pick up their sectional which would, likely, pit them against Whiteland, who is a likely winner of their sectional and currently a 10-pt favorite over Harrison.

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

We never count for anything it seems lol...

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Dropping 48 on a Mooresville team that was giving up an average of 15 points per game prior to Friday concerns you huh?

24 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I'm hoping so.  Harrison started the season a two-TD underdog to Decatur Central and is now a 4-point favorite.  If they continue to work that, they can pick up their sectional which would, likely, pit them against Whiteland, who is a likely winner of their sectional and currently a 10-pt favorite over Harrison.

I’m still trying to figure out what a “there weakness “. I gotta go