Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Late season state championship contenders (and my predictions)

42 minutes ago, jets said:

We never count for anything it seems lol...

I honestly just always forget that Southridge is 3A.  Forever in my mind as 2A and I was just throwing out teams off the top of my head.

Southridge could definitely make a run too and you guys have a great defense.  

3 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

I'm trying to figure out if LB is good... or not. 

What's up with Almanac Sports?  Do they have Lawrenceburg and Rushville in the wrong divisions?

image.thumb.jpeg.3f111903bf7871bfa199bcddec0acf5a.jpeg

The EIAC is so out of balance that it is hard to judge.  East Central is such a juggernaut at the top and the bottom of the conference is pretty bad.  

20 hours ago, foxbat said:

I'm hoping so.  Harrison started the season a two-TD underdog to Decatur Central and is now a 4-point favorite.  If they continue to work that, they can pick up their sectional which would, likely, pit them against Whiteland, who is a likely winner of their sectional and currently a 10-pt favorite over Harrison.

Merrillville probably has the easiest sectional/regional in state. So we will probably be waiting for a FW team in semistate 

19 hours ago, temptation said:

Dropping 48 on a Mooresville team that was giving up an average of 15 points per game prior to Friday concerns you huh?

No. Then giving up 30+ a game to the real competition on there schedule is what’s concerning because none of those teams have the speed/athletes that FW(snider,north)/merrillville do. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I agree.  I think this is one of those years where they are truly a top 3A team.  

people always want to say they are a 4A team because of their tradition….this year it feels like they belong in 3A.  They have some dogfights ahead of them I think 

they easily could still end up in LoS on Black Friday but I think there are 3-5 3A teams who are not scared of them at all.  If anything…I think a few 3A teams want the opportunity to beat Chatard when usually 3A teams are trying to get them back to 4A or avoid them in the tournament 

Depending on sectional draw Chatard could possibly play Oak Hill, Tipp Valley, Norwell and West Lafayette on their way to LOS.  Will be some good games along the way.

2 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Merrillville probably has the easiest sectional/regional in state. So we will probably be waiting for a FW team in semistate 

Ah, the annual Parkhust kiss of death.  A tradition like no other.

While you may be right, if I were associated with Merrillville this comment would actually make me feel MORE nervous based on your past success rate.

2 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

No. Then giving up 30+ a game to the real competition on there schedule is what’s concerning because none of those teams have the speed/athletes that FW(snider,north)/merrillville do. 

Might wanna double check the roster at Mooresville.

You also said Merrillville was going to "out athlete" Crown Point...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Ah, the annual Parkhust kiss of death.  A tradition like no other.

While you may be right, if I were associated with Merrillville this comment would actually make me feel MORE nervous based on your past success rate.

Might wanna double check the roster at Mooresville.

You also said Merrillville was going to "out athlete" Crown Point...

In all honesty have you seen merrillville sectional? We do have the easiest in state. All our opponents in sectional are in like the 250s or lower 

6A: Hard to say at this point but Brownsburg has been extremely impressive. What they did to Zionville this week was eye-popping. But I think many of us are still skeptical of them because they've looked impressive in previous years only to falter come tournament time. A Sectional rematch with BD and likely Cathedral in the Regional and then CG in Semistate projects as an absolutely brutal path to LOS. 6A South is always a meat grinder, but this year feels like it is even more so than usual. In the North, hard to bet against an Indy donut team but I'm looking forward to seeing how CP/Carroll/Penn fair in the semi-state. There's a possibility of an all-HCC 6A title game, or no HCC team making it at all. The most parity we've probably seen in 6A since its inception. 

5A: The deeper we get into this season the more-strongly I think whoever gets out of Sectional 12 will win this class. Snider looks to be the best team but a potential rematch with North Side will be tough. In the South, I think Whiteland is the best team by a pretty decent margin. The most disappointing class in the state by far. Give me Snider to win it all. 

4A: I think the only team that can beat New Pal in this class is Roncalli. But I think if Roncalli beats them in the Regional then a team like East Central could potentially give the Royals trouble in the Semistate. NorthWood seems like it is by far the best team in 4A North but only beating Mishawaka by 8 makes me think that they're not anywhere near the level of whoever comes out of 4A South. When will a public from 4A North win state again? The last to do so was Lowell in 2005. 

3A: Chatard was penciled in as champions by nearly everyone (including me) before the season started, but now that isn't looking so clear. Their sectional isn't the Sectional of Death anymore but with Guerin and Oak Hill in it the Trojans likely won't coast through it. Norwell has been incredibly impressive, even though they haven't played the best competition they've ran roughshod through it and have only given-up an absurd 28 points so far this season. I think they'll give Chatard all they can handle in the Regional. A date with West Lafayette for the right to go to LOS likely awaits the winner of that match-up. In the South, I picked Tri-West before the season but no denying Gibson Southern has been very impressive so far in their defense of their 3A title. At this point I think they're the best team in 3A South. However, I think the 3 best teams in this class reside in the North, so whoever out of WL, Norwell, and Chatard makes it out I'll go with to win the whole thing.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

In all honesty have you seen merrillville sectional? We do have the easiest in state. All our opponents in sectional are in like the 250s or lower 

Yes, I have and while you are likely correct you make Merrillville so easy to root against.  I hope you don't speak for the entire program though I am afraid you might based on your comments earlier this season of the team "thinking they are a lock for state."

No program has accomplished less but gets talked about so much on here.

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yes, I have and while you are likely correct you make Merrillville so easy to root against.  I hope you don't speak for the entire program though I am afraid you might based on your comments earlier this season of the team "thinking they are a lock for state."

Trust me when I say a vast majority of their fans are like this. They have to be in the top 5 most-delusional fan bases in the entire state. 

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’m not even saying we a lock anymore. Have a lot of injuries but who knows. I think with the talent we have our coaches are doing too much with what we have. If they simplify it I think we take off. But I’m not the coach 🤷🏻‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

Collectively, or... ?

Screenshot_20221003-124243-377.png

Finally updated? They were all around 250. But yeah that sectional is probably easiest in the state this year. Is there a sectional easier?? 

22 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

I’m not even saying we a lock anymore. Have a lot of injuries but who knows. I think with the talent we have our coaches are doing too much with what we have. If they simplify it I think we take off. But I’m not the coach 🤷🏻‍♂️

Finally updated? They were all around 250. But yeah that sectional is probably easiest in the state this year. Is there a sectional easier?? 

You've claimed they were a lock to WIN state the last three years.

42 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Sectional 7 in 6A is a joke actually. All four teams are below .500. A very mediocre Warren Central team will win it

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, temptation said:

You've claimed they were a lock to WIN state the last three years.

But as I said this moment I’m not claiming anything. I think we beat everyone except fw snider 

29 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Sectional 7 in 6A is a joke actually. All four teams are below .500. A very mediocre Warren Central team will win it

Is it easier than ours though? 

45 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Is it easier than ours though?

Awfully comparable.

# 109 Perry Meridian 27/32 class 6A

#169 Tech 29/32 class 6A

#216 Southport 31/32 class 6A

...........................................................................................................................................

#139 Hammond Central 22/32 class 5A

#224 Munster 31/32 class 5A

#238 Hammond Morton class 5A

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Yes.

Please elaborate.  What number is he so I can watch in the playoffs?  Have not seen any games this year.    I thought the WR from last year was physically a difference maker as no one could guard him.   Of course he had  THE difference maker throwing the ball to him.