Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Late season state championship contenders (and my predictions)

53 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Please elaborate.  What number is he so I can watch in the playoffs?  Have not seen any games this year.    I thought the WR from last year was physically a difference maker as no one could guard him.   Of course he had  THE difference maker throwing the ball to him.  

#26 Devan Roberts is a RB that can take control of a game.

5 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

But as I said this moment I’m not claiming anything. I think we beat everyone except fw snider 

I have Snider and Merrillville as the top two teams in this class right now (no disrespect to the south, just my opinion). I have the two teams dead even. Maybe the difference in this one is the long bus ride. That being said, Mishawaka, Dwenger, and North Side will be ready to end any talk of a Snider/Merrillville semi-state. Snider is 0 for their last 3 sectionals and were wasted by a sub par Saints team just a year ago. Anything can happen. But the north takes it this year. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 8:42 AM, fenderbender said:

I would also take last years Gibson Southern team vs the field in 5A. 

Lol, what? Versus last years field? That would be Cathedral and Zionsville. That's a 100% "no". Or this years field? GS's 2021 team ranks 6 or 7 in 5A this year. 

9 hours ago, BTF said:

Lol, what? Versus last years field? That would be Cathedral and Zionsville. That's a 100% "no". Or this years field? GS's 2021 team ranks 6 or 7 in 5A this year. 

The best we got is that GS beat Columbus north and new Albany who both played cathedral but let’s be real….If transitive property said GS would only lose to cathedral by 7 points we would need to add 2 more TDs to that gap lol

On 10/2/2022 at 8:42 AM, fenderbender said:

I would also take last years Gibson Southern team vs the field in 5A. 

We're talking 2022. Gibson Southern no longer has a MAJOR reason they finallly broke through and won a Title and Chatard clearly isn't the Chatard of 2 years ago. I really don't care who would win a hypothetical matchup between Merrillville and say Chatard, but one thing was evident last Friday night. The speed on the perimiter for Christian Brothers was WAY too much for Chatard's defense to handle. If Justin Marshall was healthy, there's no reason to believe the Pirate offense couldn't run past Chatard as well and make it a game. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Gonna find out next few weeks how valuable Brady Allen was to the Titans…I think they’ll prove they were more than just a 3A outfit with an elite QB.

Of course. They have an elite coach. I think it's fair to say they're not beating Brebeuf last year with just an average HS QB. Allen was making throws in that game that were beyond next level for a HS QB. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Of course. They have an elite coach. I think it's fair to say they're not beating Brebeuf last year with just an average HS QB. Allen was making throws in that game that were beyond next level for a HS QB. 

Allen was the best player on the field by far last year, but Brebeuf was severely outcoached by Nick Hart. Can't remember all the details but I know Brebeuf had a 3 TD lead midway through the 2nd quarter and rather than methodically running the ball like they had been and keeping Allen off the field, Brebeuf through not 1 but 2 interceptions that allowed GS to get back into the game. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 7:43 AM, Piratefan101 said:

Merrillville probably has the easiest sectional/regional in state. So we will probably be waiting for a FW team in semistate 

West Lafayette in 3A could challenge for the easiest road to SS.

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

2 throws come to mind for this

4th and 21 and throwing a laser beam into triple coverage in a super tight window for a TD.  Just perfect anticipation and execution

then there was a play where he was running away from pressure to his left, planted his foot near the numbers and let loose a ball that traveled 50 yards in the air for a completion.  

GS needed Allen for that game to win no doubt.  It wasn’t realized until the title game when they posted enrollments on the big screen but Brebeuf was technically a 4A school already with plenty of talent like Joe Strickland and that WR (Walters?) 

just being real here…but for a public 3A school to be facing a 4A p/p school in a state championship….you have to have the best player on the field by a margin otherwise the game won’t even be close

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boilernation said:

The speed on the perimiter for Christian Brothers was WAY too much for Chatard's defense to handle.

I'm not going to argue that Chatard would beat Merrillville this year, but to be fair, the speed from Christian Brothers would be way too much for most teams in the state to handle.  I thought Cathedral's skill players were phenomenal (and they are), but CBC's cats blew them out of the water.  They have multiple players on offense with SEC offers.  Most impressive high school offense I've ever seen live.

1 hour ago, TheDoctor22 said:

I'm not going to argue that Chatard would beat Merrillville this year, but to be fair, the speed from Christian Brothers would be way too much for most teams in the state to handle.  I thought Cathedral's skill players were phenomenal (and they are), but CBC's cats blew them out of the water.  They have multiple players on offense with SEC offers.  Most impressive high school offense I've ever seen live.

St. Louis has some pretty underrated Catholic football. Desmet, CBCHS, and Cardinal Ritter all pump out a decent amount of D1 prospects. Desmet and CB have around 800 students (all boys) so roughly the size of a small 5A school.

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

just being real here…but for a public 3A school to be facing a 4A p/p school in a state championship….you have to have the best player on the field by a margin otherwise the game won’t even be close

No no you don’t.  Not when your team is more talented at more positions than the opponent.  Maybe most schools can’t say they were more talented than a 4A P/P school.  Last year’s GS team doesn’t fit in that category.  

1 hour ago, TheDoctor22 said:

So what do you place Warren’s odds at in two weeks?

31 minutes ago, Gap Down Backer said:

Kokomo will be in the mix in 4A North

One of only two 4A North teams in Sagarin's Top 10.

I think Kokomo will be Northwood's top contender. Northwood is more battle tested with the stronger schedule, and just appears to be the better team at this point. Time will tell. 

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

So what do you place Warren’s odds at in two weeks?

Did you see that CBC/Chatard game? I don't know much about St. Louis area football other than East St. Louis is traditionallly a powerhouse. CBC looked like a well coached All Star team. I wouldn't be surprised if someone said the Public schools in that area aren't the greatest because schools in that Catholic league CBC is in hoard the talent. Complete team. Not just some big time studs like Detroit King. I would be amazed if Warren could go to St. Louis and keep it within 2 scores considering the way they're playing. 

3 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Did you see that CBC/Chatard game? I don't know much about St. Louis area football other than East St. Louis is traditionallly a powerhouse. CBC looked like a well coached All Star team. I wouldn't be surprised if someone said the Public schools in that area aren't the greatest because schools in that Catholic league CBC is in hoard the talent. Complete team. Not just some big time studs like Detroit King. I would be amazed if Warren could go to St. Louis and keep it within 2 scores considering the way they're playing. 

Saw the final score.  The King analogy was why I asked.  I see that CBC has a all enrollment too unless I am mistaken which put them at a disadvantage against Warren.

49 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

No no you don’t.  Not when your team is more talented at more positions than the opponent.  Maybe most schools can’t say they were more talented than a 4A P/P school.  Last year’s GS team doesn’t fit in that category.  

I’m sure you feel very strongly about this, but my opinion I don’t think can be swayed too much.  It’s not lost on me that 3 kids from that team are playing D2 football and another 3-4 (maybe more) are playing D3.

despite all of that talent, if you took Brady off of that team, they probably don’t even make it to LOS and there is no way I can be convinced they would have beat Brebeuf without Brady….we were at the game…anyone else who was there knows too.

like I said though…you are probably firm in your opinion and I’m the same with mine and that’s okay. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

Saw the final score.  The King analogy was why I asked.  I see that CBC has a all enrollment too unless I am mistaken which put them at a disadvantage against Warren.

What Boilernation said. CBC is likely a lot better coached and disciplined team than Detroit King. Both teams probably have similar athletes. CBC is all-male ~850 boys.