Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Section 24 Thread

2 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I won’t put it past Martinsville to give them a run

Forgot about the Artesians and their season they are having. Could be undefeated right now, as they lost by a total of 9 points ( L 14-17 Decatur Central, L 31-37 Mooresville). However, I do not know much about Martinsville

Just now, TigerFan20 said:

Forgot about the Artesians and their season they are having. Could be undefeated right now, as they lost by a total of 9 points ( L 14-17 Decatur Central, L 31-37 Mooresville). However, I do not know much about Martinsville

All I know about them is they are dangerous. I believe they have a decent passing game, but I’m sure someone else knows more. 

R1 Massey projected lines (excluding Week 9):

Memorial (-29) at Bosse, 94% chance of victory for the Tigers

Central at Reitz (-31), 94% chance of victory for the Panthers 

Boonville (-8) at Harrison, 65% chance of victory for the Panthers 

Jasper (-100) at Bye Week

9 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Current “Who wins the Sectional Chances” by John Harrell himself 

Reitz 72.93%

Memorial 14.77%

Jasper 9.45%

Boonville 2.46%

Harrison 0.38%

Bosse 0.01%

Central-none

I have never seen a none before on who wins sectionals there before. Usually, they get at least a 0.01 chance. 

On 10/10/2022 at 5:52 AM, TransplantedPanther said:

I have never seen a none before on who wins sectionals there before. Usually, they get at least a 0.01 chance. 

He doesn’t show anything that is below 0.005%, so it is much considered that Central has no chance at all

SECTIONAL 24  WON LOST PCT.
Darin Ward, Boonville 116 63 .648
Stephan Mullen, Bosse 4 15 .211
Andy Zirkelbach, Central 5 53 .086
Mo Sutton, Harrison 5 23 .179
John Hurley, Memorial 124 65 .656
Cory Brunson, Reitz 50 54 .481
Tony Lewis, Jasper 82 31 .726
Totals 386 304 .559

6 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:
SECTIONAL 24  WON LOST PCT.
Darin Ward, Boonville 116 63 .648
Stephan Mullen, Bosse 4 15 .211
Andy Zirkelbach, Central 5 53 .086
Mo Sutton, Harrison 5 23 .179
John Hurley, Memorial 124 65 .656
Cory Brunson, Reitz 50 54 .481
Tony Lewis, Jasper 82 31 .726
Totals 386 304 .559

Man, Andy Zirkelbach has coached 58 games and won just 5.  That’s gotta be rough.

They don't seem to have any voices on the GID, but by far the most interesting game of Round 1 will be Boonville at Harrison. Harrison has some speed and a much improved OL/DL. They sure shocked the SIAC in Wk 2 with the upset of Jasper, but Jasper was missing a lot. The Thomas kid at TE could be a big weapon, but they didn't hardly use him against us, which was a surprise. Harrison will certainly go into the game with some mojo as they should be able to get a fairly easy win over Bosse this week. I would not surprise me at all if Harrison can pull the upset in Round 1. Jasper and Memorial will both be rooting for the Warriors.  

43 minutes ago, tango said:

Jasper and Memorial will both be rooting for the Warriors.  

Would be nice having a home sectional final, although recent history has shown Memorial does better with away games the last 6 years (5-1, only sectional final loss at home in 2020). Although if it is indeed Memorial at Reitz in the Final, not too sure about that one. But I am glad we get a rematch with Jasper finally in the sectional, something that has been highly anticipated since the beginning of the year. Jasper seems like they are peaking at the right time becoming more healthy each week. 

Going back to Harrison/Boonville, I am intrigued with this matchup since Harrison has improved this season, with a nice variety of talent. But, Boonville is also a different time from last year as they have been playing some pretty good ball and battling out for the PAC Big School championship this week against Gibson Southern. Honestly, can it be Sectional Week already? 

10 hours ago, tango said:

They don't seem to have any voices on the GID, but by far the most interesting game of Round 1 will be Boonville at Harrison. Harrison has some speed and a much improved OL/DL. They sure shocked the SIAC in Wk 2 with the upset of Jasper, but Jasper was missing a lot. The Thomas kid at TE could be a big weapon, but they didn't hardly use him against us, which was a surprise. Harrison will certainly go into the game with some mojo as they should be able to get a fairly easy win over Bosse this week. I would not surprise me at all if Harrison can pull the upset in Round 1. Jasper and Memorial will both be rooting for the Warriors.  

i'll be the first hand up

harrison over boonneville

17 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Would be nice having a home sectional final, although recent history has shown Memorial does better with away games the last 6 years (5-1, only sectional final loss at home in 2020). Although if it is indeed Memorial at Reitz in the Final, not too sure about that one. But I am glad we get a rematch with Jasper finally in the sectional, something that has been highly anticipated since the beginning of the year. Jasper seems like they are peaking at the right time becoming more healthy each week. 

Going back to Harrison/Boonville, I am intrigued with this matchup since Harrison has improved this season, with a nice variety of talent. But, Boonville is also a different time from last year as they have been playing some pretty good ball and battling out for the PAC Big School championship this week against Gibson Southern. Honestly, can it be Sectional Week already? 

I’m more interested in the Boonville/GS game this week. I think that will decide the first round of sectional. We all know Harrison will roll Bosse and should be pretty confident going in. If Boonville can play GS close, even in a loss, they could have some momentum going into the game. However, if GS comes out and just curb stomps them, that could have a negative effect on them. Will be interesting. 

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I’m more interested in the Boonville/GS game this week. I think that will decide the first round of sectional. We all know Harrison will roll Bosse and should be pretty confident going in. If Boonville can play GS close, even in a loss, they could have some momentum going into the game. However, if GS comes out and just curb stomps them, that could have a negative effect on them. Will be interesting. 

Had the same though, even if they lose by like 10 or 14, they can garner up some momentum heading into next week

3 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I agree. Going into Harrison after getting taken to the woodshed the week before is not the ideal scenario.