Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Section 24 Thread

9 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

It’s that 9-0 SIAC curse, Jasper and now Reitz with early exists 

And having to play at Boonville…never an easy place to win a game.

Memorial better bring their A game. 

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Anybody have SIAC and PAC champs getting beat tonight?  I sure didn’t.  

I had one but not the other.  

memorial has to love the ping pong balls though lol 2 years in a row they are on the opposite side of the undefeated SIAC champ and both years that team gets beat setting memorial up for a slightly easier run. (Not a jab just think it’s neat) 

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Interesting stat, but Memorial outruns Jasper 246 to 223, didn’t expect that 

Another interesting stat, jasper threw a pass on 1st and ten. I didnt know we could do thaf. 

1 minute ago, Screagle said:

A run TD run of 91 yards didn’t hurt.  Rode is a player.  

Back to back drives of long run tds for the tigers. I was surpised we made a game of it after that. 

Just now, DumfriesYMCA said:

I had one but not the other.  

memorial has to love the ping pong balls though lol 2 years in a row they are on the opposite side of the undefeated SIAC champ and both years that team gets beat setting memorial up for a slightly easier run. (Not a jab just think it’s neat) 

Didn’t read it as a jab.

Can’t control the balls. I know a few years back they had to win some tough games on the road in 32.  Either way the last time Memorial didn’t play in a sectional ship is 2015. I think.  That’s more than the luck of ping pong balls. 

Credit to GS kids. It’s not easy to defend yet they found a way to win 10 straight games. That’s not easy with huge target on their backs. Looks like lots returning in 23.  

• Like 1

Memorial fans will be big East Central fans next week.

A Memorial win and EC win, Memorial will host the Regional, an EC loss sends Memorial to Martinsville 

Looks like Boonville will either travel to Martinsville or East Central if they beat Memorial. Reasoning, Martinsville  is playing away in the sectional final(Non-SF host), EC is playing at home, but the odd sectional number would host, if EC wins.

(If I am correct)

Determining Home Team
Classes 2A, 4A, 6A
Sectional final game non-host, if applicable, or odd sectional number.

Edited by TigerFan20

15 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Didn’t read it as a jab.

Can’t control the balls. I know a few years back they had to win some tough games on the road in 32.  Either way the last time Memorial didn’t play in a sectional ship is 2015. I think.  That’s more than the luck of ping pong balls. 

Credit to GS kids. It’s not easy to defend yet they found a way to win 10 straight games. That’s not easy with huge target on their backs. Looks like lots returning in 23.  

2015?!? That’s impressive considering the move up to 4A during that.

GS returns a lot of important players.  DL will be hit a little hard I think.  Sucks to lose but my biggest takeaway was that for over a year GS didn’t lose a single game and it was 21 or 22 straight wins.  And Owen Valley seems very much like GS was when Coach Hart was hired on so I gotta be happy for that community.  They were looking for a statement win like this.  They might be turning into a new 3A powerhouse by the looks of it. 

46 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Anybody have SIAC and PAC champs getting beat tonight?  I sure didn’t.  

"Have not seen a bit of film on the Panthers this season, so I may totally eat my words - but if Boonville has their heads on straight, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Panthers heading home Friday. Just saying..."

• Like 1