Friday, Oct. 7
Benet Academy (Ill.) at St. Joseph, 7:30 pm
Jimtown at Adams, 7 pm
Glenn at Clay ©, 7 pm
Marian at Elkhart ©, 7 pm
New Prairie at Penn ©, 7:30 pm
Riley at Bremen ©, 7 pm
Washington at Bowman, 8 pm

Here are the games for week 8.  The big one is Penn at New Prairie.  Jimtown at Adams could be an interesting match-up

12 minutes ago, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Oct. 7
Benet Academy (Ill.) at St. Joseph, 7:30 pm
Jimtown at Adams, 7 pm
Glenn at Clay ©, 7 pm
Marian at Elkhart ©, 7 pm
New Prairie at Penn ©, 7:30 pm
Riley at Bremen ©, 7 pm

Here are the games for week 8.  The big one is Penn at New Prairie.  Jimtown at Adams could be an interesting match-up

You mean NP @ Penn ?

2 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Oct. 7
Benet Academy (Ill.) at St. Joseph, 7:30 pm no clue on this one
Jimtown at Adams, 7 pm Jimmies should have no problem in this one I’ll take them by 21
Glenn at Clay ©, 7 pm Glenn
Marian at Elkhart ©, 7 pm Elkhart rolls and hopes NP beats Penn so they have a chance at sharing the conference title. Lions by 35
New Prairie at Penn ©, 7:30 pm Unfortunately I think Penn takes of business and dispatches the Cougars by 17
Riley at Bremen ©, 7 pm I was impressed with Riley this past Friday, I believe they will be a force to be reckoned with next year. I’ll take Riley by 14

Benet Academy (Ill.) at St. Joseph - no idea
Jimtown at Adams - Jimtown - This will be an interesting game to see how the top of the NS stacks up against the bottom of the EW division. 
Glenn at Clay - Glenn - Not much to say here
Marian at Elkhart - Elkhart - There might be more elkhart eyes looking to see what happens in Granger than at Rice field. 
New Prairie at Penn - Head says Penn heart says NP. I think if NP puts together 4 quarter of quality football they have a chance if a few things bounce their way. NP has taken down Penn twice now in New Carlisle but it's always more difficult to beat the kinsmen on their home turf. 
Riley at Bremen  - Riley - Riley played tough after being down 27-7 last week. I think they take care of business this Friday. 
Washington at Bowman - don't know anything about this matchup. 

Just now, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I expect this Penn vs NP game to be closer than the last two at Penn. Freed field has not been kind to the Cougars. 

I think Penn is 2-3 touchdowns better than NP if both teams play their best. NP has scored majority of their points in bunches this season (which I don't think Penn will allow them to do) so the Cougs are going to have to play 4 solid quarters to have a chance in this one. 

Honestly haven't heard much about Penn this season or any individual players (seems like Mishawaka, Northwood, and a little bit of Elkhart are gobbling up local attention) Are you guys run heavy? stout defense? or just a well-balanced team this season? 

34 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

I think Penn is 2-3 touchdowns better than NP if both teams play their best. NP has scored majority of their points in bunches this season (which I don't think Penn will allow them to do) so the Cougs are going to have to play 4 solid quarters to have a chance in this one. 

Honestly haven't heard much about Penn this season or any individual players (seems like Mishawaka, Northwood, and a little bit of Elkhart are gobbling up local attention) Are you guys run heavy? stout defense? or just a well-balanced team this season? 

Penn’s front 7 on defense is stout. Asking if Penn is run heavy made me chuckle. It’s been that way for 45 years. Penn seems to be improved since last year but still no where near where I would like to see them. 

9 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Penn’s front 7 on defense is stout. Asking if Penn is run heavy made me chuckle. It’s been that way for 45 years. Penn seems to be improved since last year but still no where near where I would like to see them. 

Yeah I assumed you were run heavy but it seemed like you guys threw the ball a bit more than the average high school team the last 4+ years. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what it looked like from an outsider looking in. Other than a running back named Williams I believe, I haven't heard much about any individual on the team so I figured you are just a well balanced attack on both offense and defense. 

14 hours ago, Rocket said:

What impressed you about Riley? And from that what makes you think they will be a force next year? It seems there tends to be teams who come and go and start to get some excitement behind them in SB, all for the same old stuff to happen and they end up just as bad as all others. As it looks right now, Riley is only SB team period that even looks like they are playing organized football. Would be nice if the city had at least one team that can actually compete in games.

20 minutes ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

What impressed you about Riley? And from that what makes you think they will be a force next year? It seems there tends to be teams who come and go and start to get some excitement behind them in SB, all for the same old stuff to happen and they end up just as bad as all others. As it looks right now, Riley is only SB team period that even looks like they are playing organized football. Would be nice if the city had at least one team that can actually compete in games.

Riley owes Bremen. The Lions have got the better of them recently. I think Riley gets the victory in the Battle of the Miami Trail.

17 minutes ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

They are a young team that I assume will only get better. They have some great athletes, and a sophomore QB that can really sling the ball. I think if they would have more of an intermediate passing game instead of going for the deep ball all the time they could have a lethal offense. They had good size and speed and pretty good numbers. 

23 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Riley owes Bremen. The Lions have got the better of them recently. I think Riley gets the victory in the Battle of the Miami Trail.

Bremen seems to be really rolling last few weeks, I know you have been hard on them this year but what makes you think they can't handle Riley?

23 minutes ago, Rocket said:

They are a young team that I assume will only get better. They have some great athletes, and a sophomore QB that can really sling the ball. I think if they would have more of an intermediate passing game instead of going for the deep ball all the time they could have a lethal offense. They had good size and speed and pretty good numbers. 

Thanks for the breakdown. It will be interesting then to see how they grow. But like many on here, have seen promising teams come through SB, only to be left disappointed. Only the Dieter lead Washington team really made noice when it mattered.

52 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen is very one dimensional with Moser. He is a tough back, but Riley is well coached and find a way to limit his production. When that happens Bremen can’t move the ball. That is what happened in other games. 

Bremen has a legitimate chance to finish the regular season 6-3.  That's a lot better than the "glad we have Clay on the schedule or we wouldn't win a game all year" outlook after week 1!  😄

• Kill me now 1

3 hours ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

I think Riley has some nice weapons this year and some for the future (I feel like we say that on repeat for SB schools). What I came most impressed with the wildcats was just not giving up despite facing a routinely ranked 4A team and being down 27-7 after 1 quarter. I thought their coaches had a nice game plan coming in and they executed it pretty nicely. If there is one SB school at least punching within their weightclass it's Riley. With that being said I think a lot of bounces went Riley's way to keep the game closer than what it actually was. The 2nd play of the game, the pass hit the ground but the official called it a catch at the 2 yard line to set up their first score. Their 2nd touchdown was a 50/50 ball that both receiver and defender had possession of in the end zone; to which they ruled a touchdown for Riley (probably the right call, but could of easily gone NPs way). They had a high snap on a punt that would of resulted in a NP score but there was a time out called the second of the snap. On a NP kickoff the Riley return man muffed the kick and the ball BARELY trickled into the end zone which nearly led to either a safety or Riley starting at their 1 yard line. and NP ended the game running out the clock inside the 5. 

Benet Academy is 3-3 in the tough Chicagoland Catholic league.  The lost to Noblesville 21-13 in week 2.  Just a fyi.

7 hours ago, johnny U said:

Balis(running back), McCullough(QB) and White(receiver) are also offensive threats who  can score at anytime.

I also like the running back, is it Williams?  He has more quickness while Balis has the power 

23 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen is very one dimensional with Moser. He is a tough back, but Riley is well coached and find a way to limit his production. When that happens Bremen can’t move the ball. That is what happened in other games. 

Bremen is one dimensional because of injury to qb and fb and the latter is returning this week to both sides of the ball. I do agree with Marshall county that wildcat Bremen is running might have ran its course ! We will see what offense they bring to the game this week? 

15 minutes ago, Say it aint so said:

Bremen is one dimensional because of injury to qb and fb and the latter is returning this week to both sides of the ball. I do agree with Marshall county that wildcat Bremen is running might have ran its course ! We will see what offense they bring to the game this week? 

When is Laidig back?