Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 8

Week 8 Picks...

Attica @ Covington - Is it basketball season yet? Rough go for both schools this year. The Red Ramblers play hard, just not enough Joes. The Trojans are underwhelming at best, but they should get the home win, 44-18.

Fountain Central @ North Vermillion - The Mustangs fought hard against SV, but again, ran out of steam. The Falcons have been putting things together since getting shut down by RP a couple weeks ago. This is probably game of the week #2. Crabtree & Blank vs. Herb & Company. Falcons outlast the Mustangs, 35-34.

Seeger @ South Vermillion - The WRC Championship is on the line! Hopefully the Patriots are healthy. The Wildcats got a bit of a test for once from FC last week. This is definitely game of the week #1. Wildcats D gets a stop late, 28-24.

Parke Heritage @ Riverton Parke - Saturday night special. Seriously, another game change due to officials? Where are all the Refs? Parke County Championship and bragging rights on the line. Who will complain more about losing, @KAllen, an avid RP fan or @BillyBettis, a PH enthusiast? Unfortunately for the Woolfs, although they'll be fired up, this probably won't be a Dog Fight. I think the Panthers just have more Joes, 36-16.

Week 8 already

Covington throws their way to a win. 

NV probably won't get another pick six from Blank this week but still gets the W

I think the seeger defense puts on a show and shuts down the visor attack

How many formations does RP run? Is their qb healthy yet? Will PH open up the Billy Bettis spread game? Don't think it matters, if 24 is on the field RP walks away county Champs. 

4 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Week 8 Picks...

Attica @ Covington - Is it basketball season yet? Rough go for both schools this year. The Red Ramblers play hard, just not enough Joes. The Trojans are underwhelming at best, but they should get the home win, 44-18.

Fountain Central @ North Vermillion - The Mustangs fought hard against SV, but again, ran out of steam. The Falcons have been putting things together since getting shut down by RP a couple weeks ago. This is probably game of the week #2. Crabtree & Blank vs. Herb & Company. Falcons outlast the Mustangs, 35-34.

Seeger @ South Vermillion - The WRC Championship is on the line! Hopefully the Patriots are healthy. The Wildcats got a bit of a test for once from FC last week. This is definitely game of the week #1. Wildcats D gets a stop late, 28-24.

Parke Heritage @ Riverton Parke - Saturday night special. Seriously, another game change due to officials? Where are all the Refs? Parke County Championship and bragging rights on the line. Who will complain more about losing, @KAllen, an avid RP fan or @BillyBettis, a PH enthusiast? Unfortunately for the Woolfs, although they'll be fired up, this probably won't be a Dog Fight. I think the Panthers just have more Joes, 36-16.

Never heard me complain about losing. 

4 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Week 8 Picks...

Never heard me complain about losing, and I’ve done a lot of that. 

Would I rather go down a slide of razor blades into a pool of rubbing alcohol than lose in anything to Riverton, yes, but I won’t complain. They have the conferences best player since Johnson aborted ship and Kevin Allen has enough money to start getting them the best equipment on and off the field. Down year for the Wolves! 

I will say if Price tries pulling his Panther football wagon around the town square being followed by the Mecca fire trucks in a parade, I will bulldoze that monstrosity into a ditch on their way back down south! 😈 

In all seriousness, I just pray they don’t storm the field and have parents crying when they finally beat us like Turkey Run did when they beat the Rox the final year before consolidation. (I considered jumping off their water tower after watching that pathetic display of emotion.)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Attica @ Covington- Attica probably missed their opportunity to pick up a win when they played Rockville Parke Heritage, if there was a shot that was it. Covington has had some ups but mostly downs this season and almost lost to the Rox Wolves. Attica never gives up and those kids deserve all the credit out there for that, unfortunately sometimes a never say die attitude can't carry you. Covington wins easily due to having more players. 35-12 Covington

Fountain Central @ North Vermillion- Props to FC for hanging around for awhile against world beater SV (at least until Sectionals roll around). Should be a heck of a matchup here with the HoFer and a team with pedigree and determination that has starting getting some AP votes. This will be tight and a fight till the end. North Vermillion has a little more in the tank than the Herb Horses and the no huddle offense wears them down. NV 28-22 

Seeger @ South Vermillion- If Seeger is healthy this will be a dog fight for the Conference Title. SV doesn't have a whole lot of those to rest on their laurels and be complacent, I think that will drive them throughout this matchup. SV is the only team in the conference with the size to hold their own against the big hosses up there in corn country and I think they'll outlast the Patriots here. Give me the big fish in a small pond to win the Conference Title. SV 21-18

Rockville Parke Heritage @ Riverton Parke- The Parke County Championship is so important it had to be played on a Saturday evening. Saturday games galore for the Panthers this season, so they should be prepared for this by now. Rough season thus far for the Rox Wolves even if they can muster getting fired up to play their hated county counterpart I don't really think it'll matter, they just aren't good this year and will struggle to stop the Panther attack however it manifests come game time. RP will take the opportunity anytime they can to take it to a Rockville Parke Heritage squad (and Parke Heritage does the same to RP when they can, in county matchups do mean something). RP tries for the shutout but doesn't quite get there. 80-8 RP. 

Attica at Covington - I feel for the Ramblers.  They have been fighting coaching turnover and low numbers and still give it a shot every Friday night.  If I recall they were winless in all major varsity boys sports last year and it is continuing this season.  I would love to see them break the streak but unfortunately their best shot was PH.  The Trojans aren't that good but they are good enough this week.

Fountain Central at North Vermilion -  I'll take the Falcons because they are at home.  The Mustangs have shown some good things but can't seem to put four quarters together.

Seeger at South Vermilion - I'll take the Indians (Patriots) to pull the upset.  South Vermillion wasn't that impressive in the game I watched and I think the boys from West Lebanon get it done.

Parke Heritage at Riverton Parke (Saturday) - the Battle of Parke County is now on Saturday.  Still doesn't make it a good game.  Does PH have a balanced attack?  If not, have Donnie Baker check their PH balance!  I swear I had to take that shot at him.  Let's hope he gets it.

• Haha 1

Attica @ Covington- Attica has had it rough all season. But you have to tip your hats to them because they never give up. Covington has had its up and downs this season but haven't shown a whole lot of hope. It might be time for them to ditch the spread and not throw the ball as much. This game is going to be closer than people think. 35-22.

Fountain Central @ North Vermillion- Fountain Central has shown improvement every week. I though they were going to get it done against the visors last week but just couldn't hang around. North Vermillion has seemed to pick it up since losing to the Panthers. Crabtree is going to show Herbie who the real hall of famer is and pull out the win. The Mustangs wont be able to stop the spread/no huddle. 35-24

Seeger @ South Vermillion - This is the game of the week with the conference championship on the line. Hopefully that the Patriots are healthy and can give the Visors a game. I jus think that the big men up front for SV are going to take the game over. The big fish in the small pond will keep rolling. (Until Sectionals) 

Parke Heritage @ Riverton Parke- The county championship is on the line for this game. I guess it was so important that they had to move it to a Saturday. I don't think the Woofs will have anything to give. I guess the Moore effect and the transfers really did help them last year. But playing at RP they might dig into the old Brain Moore/ @BillyBettis playbook and show them something they haven't seen. It won't be enough for the Woofs to beat the Panthers. Panthers roll them and get ready for the Trojans next week. 60-6

Attica @ Covington - Covington finally throws all over a team 48-18

FC @ NV - This one should be a good one. I heard FC played with SV the first half but a SV touchdown then FC threw a pick 6 changed the game. FC might give NV a tough time for a little while but I'll take the Falcons winning this one. A couple TDs late by NV 42-28

Seeger @ SV - I think SV is just better than Seeger all around. Should be a fun one to watch. I'll take South Vermillion 35 Seeger 21. Is SV sectional pretty tough?

PH @ RP - Playing on a Saturday is this due to no officials again??? Either way RP wins by a ton. Panthers have been waiting for this one. Might be a 70 point game again for them. Saw Hazzard had like 3 carries for 200 yards. He scored 6 total TDs all in one quarter. He'll do the same thing to the Wolves this week. RP 70-12

I'm back boys! Did you miss me? 😉 Coach Gennero took away my internet privileges because I missed practice for a bikini wax! 😢

I have Covington, Fountain Central, South Vermillion, and Riverton Parke winning this week!  Why do you guys keep calling South Vermillion the Visors? 🙃

Edited by Lucy Draper
I'm silly
  • Haha 2

Covington over Attica - 36-12. Not a lot to say here

FC over NV - 39-36. I think this will be a high scoring game. If the HOF Coach dials up the right pass plays FC could be in for some big plays. NVs offense is better, but their defense has yet to prove much. 

SV over Seeger - Close early, SV goes undefeated in conference play. 35-22. 

RP over PH - Not alot to be said here. RP wins the Parke county trophy. 46-12. 

15 hours ago, Lucy Draper said:

I'm back boys! Did you miss me? 😉 Coach Gennero took away my internet privileges because I missed practice for a bikini wax! 😢

I have Covington, Fountain Central, South Vermillion, and Riverton Parke winning this week!  Why do you guys keep calling South Vermillion the Visors? 🙃

We need a pitcher of the wax job or it didn’t happen. STATE LAW 

• Like 1

Attica 12 Covington 28- Those poor Ramblers are ready for Fall Break. 

FC 20 NV 12 - I think Herb King and the Stangs finally pull it off. 

Seeger 14 SV 35-  Seeger is said to have multiple players out with injuries. SV will be to much for them. 

PH 6 RP 28-  The star running back has a big week this week, sending the Wolves home.  

Attica @ Covington- Both of these teams are tired. They have both been beaten up and dragged through the dirt. They are ready to take the shoulder pads off and lace up the basketball shoes. 38-12 CT

Fountain Central @ North Vermillion- Pretty good game here, will come down to execution on both sides of the ball beings that both teams have similarly talented teams. Can Herb pull it off? I think so. 28-24 FC

Seeger @ South Vermillion - This is the game to watch this week! Seeger has had a very bright year, as SV has too. This will be a very tight game. I hear Seeger is not healthy with a few injuries. The very tough SV defense will put on a big game, and their offense has a good game per usual. SV takes it in a nail biting 4th qtr. 32-30

Parke Heritage @ Riverton Parke- Uh oh.. Drama in Parke Co. We all know how this is going to end. RP is going to embarrass PH this year after all of the beatings from Moore, the Johnsons, and the transfers that RP has taken the past few years. It will be ugly, and sportsmanship will be sloppy by the 4th qtr. #24 runs for 300 yds before they take him out before half. RP makes their record look a little better a couple weeks before their new sectional where they are taken out very quickly.

On 10/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, Bear54 said:

I think the Panthers just have more Joes, 36-16.

36-16 is being generous towards the woofs. I hope RP lays into them and puts up at least 60 pts.

2 hours ago, jerry rice said:

36-16 is being generous towards the woofs. I hope RP lays into them and puts up at least 60 pts.

You’re mean. 🥺 Coach Moore never let us run it up against anyone, we screamed at each other about it, trust me, I tried. 

Edited by BillyBettis
Not tech savvy
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 12:41 PM, Ballhawk said:

Attica at Covington - I feel for the Ramblers.  They have been fighting coaching turnover and low numbers and still give it a shot every Friday night.  If I recall they were winless in all major varsity boys sports last year and it is continuing this season.  I would love to see them break the streak but unfortunately their best shot was PH.  The Trojans aren't that good but they are good enough this week.

Fountain Central at North Vermilion -  I'll take the Falcons because they are at home.  The Mustangs have shown some good things but can't seem to put four quarters together.

Seeger at South Vermilion - I'll take the Indians (Patriots) to pull the upset.  South Vermillion wasn't that impressive in the game I watched and I think the boys from West Lebanon get it done.

Parke Heritage at Riverton Parke (Saturday) - the Battle of Parke County is now on Saturday.  Still doesn't make it a good game.  Does PH have a balanced attack?  If not, have Donnie Baker check their PH balance!  I swear I had to take that shot at him.  Let's hope he gets it.

I’ll check their PH and then oil👍. I swear to God I will 

• Haha 2

RP moms think I was sincere about planning to sabotage  the Riverton Parke  jalopy wagon and now they are storming the field after the game! This is going to be a tough weekend for Wolves fans. 

The only bright side is I don’t have to watch @KAllen ‘s bald head streaking around the town square since he’s getting bottle service in Vegas surrounded by lingerie models. #rockstar

A25A7123-50D6-41B6-8698-0807CD40E11D.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BillyBettis said:

RP moms think I was sincere about planning to sabotage  the Riverton Parke  jalopy wagon and now they are storming the field after the game! This is going to be a tough weekend for Wolves fans. 

The only bright side is I don’t have to watch @KAllen ‘s bald head streaking around the town square since he’s getting bottle service in Vegas surrounded by lingerie models. #rockstar

A25A7123-50D6-41B6-8698-0807CD40E11D.jpeg

Facebook is getting the best of ya... between the moms and the "burner account". 

Got a few texts already this morning from my friends down in the river bottoms. I didn’t know my presence on here was so well known. I’m going to try and get a coaching gig again next year so you Panthers better be nice incase Kevin gives me his quarterly bonus of $50k to teach Garmin the old Sheldon/Moore spread trickery. In all seriousness, I respect Bradley for sticking it out. They’ve been bad as long as I can remember. Their time has finally come.

They need to put a Hazzard statue up instead of that little covered bridge. His ability to play when not surrounded by much the last few years is what I believe has the ball rolling for their youth and JH teams, special player. I think it would be a good idea for him to take the weekend off and get rested up for the sectional. Bradley agrees after talking to him last night, so that will level the playing field Saturday. 

Best of luck to all teams. 

Seeger wins their first WRC title since 2006 and the Moore era?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Off Topic - But is there any way South Vermillion and Coverdale could swap places in their conferences? Cloverdale would compete much better in that conference of 1A schools under new energetic young coach Tyler Lotz, who is as good as cloverdale has had, and SV would see competition in the WIC that would prepare them for sectional run. Just a thought.