Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A #3 North Judson at 2A #3 Laville

I say the Jays handle them by at least a couple of scores. I’m hoping Spanky Harper comes out this week and gives us his thoughts on the game. Always has some great insight! Coach Lambert and staff will have their Bluejays eating sand burrs off the practice field in preparation for this game. Jays will pounce on them!

40 minutes ago, Mongo549 said:

I'm taking LaVille 17 - 14.  I think it'll be a defensive battle all night.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was 0 - 0 at halftime.

I'm very curious to see how Laville's offense is. Heard tons about their defense but that's it. 

Excited to watch 2 good small school teams battle it out!

I think LaVille's offense will be fine.  They had a bit of an off night against Knox, but they've been able to score consistently against other decent defenses.  Triton couldn't stop the Jays, but the Trojans had in excess of 350 yards of offense, and that was being very one-dimensional.  The Lancers can chuck it and run it.  I think they'll have success against Judson offensively.  Personally, I think it'll be a shootout.

Just from what I have read: 

both teams beat 3A Knox

NJ no prob with Skins 26-0

Lville had to escape with stopping 2pt conv for win in final 30 secs 21-20 

Both teams are vulnerable to the passing game. Would think with Laville QB they would have advantage here. Laville QB is very good and if flushed can use his legs very effectively. NJ will need to be disciplined with their pass rush.  If Laville has success thru air Dewitt becomes even more dangerous.  On D can Laville force NJ to throw.  Stopping NJ option game is going to be issue for Laville. They will bout have to change their front for this game.  If they can take away Benson then Harper and Allen on the edge will be a problem for Laville Lb and DB’s.  
In the end NJ too physical for Laville imo as Benson will churn out his yards and move the sticks 

NJ 24

Lville 14 

It's gonna be a great game so I think. 

Really tough to get a measure on both teams since Winamac is pretty down this year.

I will say I think LaVille has more speed then the Jays but I also think neither team has the best pass defense. Winamac had success on both throwing and Winamac was able to hang around a bit longer with the Jays (rivalries will do that). North Judson though gets stronger as the game goes on. They were up 7-0 against Winamac with 4 mins left in first half. Culver was close at half too as was CMA but pulled away in 2nd half. Triton was clinging on to some hope only being down 2 scores but in 2nd half it seemed NJ rattled off 3 TDS and was up 49 to 14 or 49 to 15 at one point.  

I'll say LaVille 23. NJ 22.

A lot of people think this is going to be a great game!

Even drew Channel 46 as the Game of the Week . . .

DeWitt is not the only one that can get it done rushing the ball. Richhart, Plummer, Allen, and Smith have proven they can be effective on the ground.

Plummer can throw the ball.

LaVIlle has defended the run well, but still to be seen how they can play against a team that is a good passing team.

Sounds like NJSP has a little of both the run game and passing game.

Got one team averaging 46 points and the other offense averaging 44.

And, both teams among the best in the state averagining just seven points.

Gonna be a great game, folks!

I'd wouldn't be surprised if they are standing a couple deep along the fence casue the stands will be full!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Well I’ve watched Triton play both Laville and NJ.  This game I believe will ultimately come down to if Laville can stop the fullback in its base defense.  They can’t do it with their standard 3 man front in my opinion.  Triton tried that and failed miserably.  If they can stop the dive with a 4 front without having to blitz linebackers, Laville has a shot and probably wins the game.  If not Judson win somewhat easily.  

30 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Ok, let's do a tale of the tape:

Which team - NJ or LV - has the better piece of the game?

Rushing Game - I think they both are very good but I would give slight edge to Judson and I’m a Laville Fan 

Passing Game- Pure passing game Laville but both can run really well

O Line- Laville strength is online and they are very good so would give them the edge buts Judson’s is definitely very well coached in the technique for the offense they run 

D Line - I would say even as both defense give up under 7 

Secondary - haven’t seen much team get passed on so can’t say much 

Punting Game not sure 

Kicking Game (i.e

PAT, FG, KICKOFF)

Both have legs so I would say even

Anything Else?

My prediction is Laville wins anywhere from 3-5 points 

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

Edited by Jmumm1235

1 hour ago, Oldschool said:

Can Laville stop NJ running game?  Still haven’t heard from Laville faithful?

I’m a Laville fan as Dad has coached for last 26 years in Junior High. I think Judson running game is legit. I think Laville is gonna have to change the front some but I do believe Judson will be able to run as they are tough in the back field. I think Laville can stop them maybe every couple drives but I expect Judson to score some. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Laville has a big advantage in the kicking game.  Making Judson drive 80 yds + could be huge 

THIS!!!    one of the more under rated aspects of games, if you have a dude who can always stick it end zone it makes a HUGE difference.  

Good Luck to both Football communities.    Electric 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

THIS!!!    one of the more under rated aspects of games, if you have a dude who can always stick it end zone it makes a HUGE difference.  

Good Luck to both Football communities.    Electric 

This is what I keep telling my son; especially if the other team has wheels back there receiving.  You just take that other player right out the game without any need for gimmicks.  80 yards is a LONG way to go when you realize the football gods are quite fickle about a team traversing that distance carrying a ball.

• Like 1

Don't know more about NJ than what I've read here and a little on the 1A thread, but they're running game sure seems to have a lot of people's respect.  With a lot of talk about the fullback (IIRC from the 1A thread) what do they run?  Flex bone, wish bone?  The FB in our slot-T, way back in the day, didn't get as many carries as teams we played that ran an option offense.