Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A #3 North Judson at 2A #3 Laville

5 minutes ago, Bonecrusher said:

Don't know more about NJ than what I've read here and a little on the 1A thread, but they're running game sure seems to have a lot of people's respect.  With a lot of talk about the fullback (IIRC from the 1A thread) what do they run?  Flex bone, wish bone?  The FB in our slot-T, way back in the day, didn't get as many carries as teams we played that ran an option offense.

Coach Lambert often says that they run the flexbone, but it resembles a wing-t offense sometimes as well. The fullback gets the ball as much as the defense will allow him to.

8 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Chuck Freeby reported today that this game will be livestreamed on the IHSAA Champions network.  Good news for those who can't make the game!  Typically the Channel 46 games are a delayed broadcast at 11:00 pm on Friday's and 9:00 am on Saturdays.  

https://www.ihsaatv.org/whme46/

They’ve been live streaming them the last couple years. 

24 minutes ago, Jmumm1235 said:

And? Those plays happen all the time so what saying 

Just describing the last play.  Other than the "Bush Push", which was illegal at the time and from inside the 5 yard line, I've never seen that occur in OT to win a game, starting so far from the goal line. 

Why the nasty remark?  Is it because you didn't get the last word on the game details?

Edited by gindie
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, gindie said:

Just describing the last play.  Other than the "Bush Push", which was illegal at the time and from inside the 5 yard line, I've never seen that occur in OT to win a game, starting so far from the goal line. 

Why the nasty remark?  Is it because you didn't get the last word on the game details?

Nasty remark? The refs let the play go so they felt he was still getting momentum so I’m sure what talking about. Laville outplayed and out coached Judson in second half with backup QB. Didn’t let Judson score.

Bush Push maybe was illegal back then but I watch football weekly and see plenty of plays like that. 

Must be a Judson fan 

6 minutes ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Nasty remark? The refs let the play go so they felt he was still getting momentum so I’m sure what talking about. Laville outplayed and out coached Judson in second half with backup QB. Didn’t let Judson score.

Bush Push maybe was illegal back then but I watch football weekly and see plenty of plays like that. 

Must be a Judson fan 

If you took my comments as a complaint of some sort, you read way too much into it.

Wasn't giving any opinion one way or the other.  Just describing an exciting play for others on this board that may not have heard about it.  I had no stake in the outcome.  I was just sitting here in my chair in Ohio watching the WHME Facebook feed, enjoying a good game while also listening to Penn play New Prairie.

Nothing more than that.

Edited by gindie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gindie said:

If you took my comments as a complaint of some sort, you read way too much into it.

Wasn't giving any opinion one way or the other.  Just describing an exciting play for others on this board that may not have heard about it.  I had no stake in the outcome.  I was just sitting here in my chair in Ohio watching the WHME Facebook feed, enjoying a good game while also listening to Penn play New Prairie.

Nothing more than that.

I didn’t take anything out the comment to be honest. Just the better team won tonight and god bless 

Edited by Jmumm1235

3 hours ago, FinePrint said:

What's the report on Plummer this morning?  If he's out for the season LaVille's hopes of a tournament run are done.

Why would you say they are done of a state tournament run?

Surely LaVille is not a one man team?

The back up QB last night handed the ball off quite a lot and many of the other players did their job. LaVille has several good players.

IMO, Plummer is also a good player that is part of a team.

If Plummer is out for the season, the team will have to adjust.  I'm just not sure they are done. 

as always, the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

1 hour ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

The back up QB last night handed the ball off quite a lot and many of the other players did their job. LaVille has several good players.

If Plummer is out for the season, the team will have to adjust.  I'm just not sure they are done. 

from_the_sidelines007 

Nice that you have a positive attitude about the team, but I don't think LaVille has any chance to go anywhere in the 2A tournament without a passing game.  Now, if you tell me the backup can chuck it like Plummer, then maybe they have a shot.  That Plummer to Smith combo is essential for the Lancers.  Without that connection LaVille would have had trouble beating Triton.  They won't beat Andrean without it.

12 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Nice that you have a positive attitude about the team, but I don't think LaVille has any chance to go anywhere in the 2A tournament without a passing game.  Now, if you tell me the backup can chuck it like Plummer, then maybe they have a shot.  That Plummer to Smith combo is essential for the Lancers.  Without that connection LaVille would have had trouble beating Triton.  They won't beat Andrean without it.

Congrats to Laville

Believe I heard first potential conference championship in 36 years!

I think the loss of Plummer’s kicking may be as big as the loss of his passing. Generally, if you are going to play late into November you better be able to run the ball and have effective kicking game. It appears Laville has the ability to run it but kicking could be issue  

21 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

from_the_sidelines007 

Why do they protect the QB in practice, games with illegal hits?  Because if a team loses their QB,  it it very difficult to recover from.  Especially at a smaller school where you don’t have a 100 kids going out for the team.

23 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

Why do they protect the QB in practice, games with illegal hits?  Because if a team loses their QB,  it it very difficult to recover from.  Especially at a smaller school where you don’t have a 100 kids going out for the team.

I think you bring up a good question. 

I would say, however, that you can only do so much to protect a QB. in the pocket, I get.

But when they become runners, and on their own accord, that is different. 

In the case Friday with Plummer he was a runner and was injured on the tackle. I saw the play and it didn't APPEAR to be a malicious hit. 

I have not seen a replay and that was from an initial perspective. 

Football is physical and, unfortunately,  injuries happen.

from_the_sidelines007 

On 10/9/2022 at 10:15 AM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

In the case Friday with Plummer he was a runner and was injured on the tackle. I saw the play and it didn't APPEAR to be a malicious hit. 

I have not seen a replay and that was from an initial perspective. 

Definitely not a malicious hit.  Start watching at the 20:00 mark at  https://fb.watch/g0DSXR9cAi/

15 minutes ago, gindie said:

Definitely not a malicious hit.  Start watching at the 20:00 mark at  https://fb.watch/g0DSXR9cAi/

Thanks for the look-see!  I watched it a half-dozen times.

Plummer was definitely a runner on this particular play and was tackled by NJSP.

NOT a malicious hit on Plummer.  He was hit back to back on that right side, the second hit a little more square to the shoulder.

It is unfortunate.  No one wants to see the kids get hurt.  It was a football play.

from_the_sidelines007