Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #8

Two weeks to go in the regular season and all signs point to a Brownsburg/HSE winner take all matchup in week 9 if both hold serve this weekend.  Should be a great slate of games.

Hamilton Southeastern @ Franklin Central:  Every time I expect HSE to flinch, they simply don't so I won't predict it this week.  I will say that the Flashes are more than capable of putting a scare into the Royals but they have been all business from the word "go."  A close game early gets a bit out of hand late.  Royals win 34-14.

Noblesville @ Brownsburg:  The Millers schedule continues to be backloaded as they have co-leader Brownsburg on the road this week.  The Dogs are fresh off of an absolute pounding of a good Zionsville team.  I did not see that margin of victory coming and I am not sure most others did either.  The key for Brownsburg this week is fighting overconfidence.  I keep expecting them to drop one they shouldn't but they haven't and won't this week.  An early lead and Noblesville simply doesn't have the offensive firepower to keep up.  Dogs set up the much anticipated showdown in week 9 with a 45-14 win.

Westfield @ Fishers:  Life comes at you fast.  After dominating the HCC for two straight falls, the Shamrocks have come back to earth in 2022.  Still a damn good outfit but struggled in the second half of September.  Losses to HSE/Brownsburg are understandable but they let a less than average Avon team keep it relatively close last week.  Fishers seems to have a lot of momentum on their side and I think they win this one.  27-21 Tigers.

Zionsville @ Avon:  Two weeks ago, I had the Eagles pegged as a team with a lot of momentum/on the rise and they proceeded to get blown out by the two conference favorites.  Avon has been a remedy for many struggling teams this fall but I think this one could actually turn out to be a classic, just like last year's double OT thriller.  Call it a hunch, but I am taking Avon in an upset.  23-21 Orioles.

What say you?

HSE  35   FC  21

Bburg  51  Millers  6  (possible running clock)

'Rocks  24  Fishers  21

Zville  28  Avon  24

I think Avon will get their 1st when they travel to Noblesville the following week.  And, if they can draw Pike in sectionals, a possible 2nd win.