Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #8

Go ahead admit it....NO ONE had an LC/BD battle in week 8 for conference bragging rights....but here we are.

Center Grove @ Lawrence North:  Both teams coming off of road wins in what is rumored to be for the last time.  The Wildcats have kept this one respectable in recent years and I think they do so again, at least through three quarters before the Trojans rattle off a couple of late scores.  CG peaking at the right time again should worry the rest of the state.  CG wins 37-20.

Lawrence Central @ Ben Davis:  Will Patterson does not get enough credit for what he has done at LC.  The Bears went from conference cellar dwellers to contending for the MIC title over night.  They are more than capable of winning this one on the west side Friday night.  I think BD has a few more play makers but this one could go down to the wire.  Gimme the Giants 27-20.

Pike @ North Central:  A season that both programs would like to forget culminates in one of them picking up their first win on Friday night.  NC has yet to keep any MIC contest respectable but Pike has shown some steps forward.  For that reason, gimme the Red Devils on the road in what could be Coach O'Shea's final home game as NC coach.  Pike 21-17.

Warren Central @ Carmel:  Man, what has happened on the east side?  A month ago, they were celebrating a big win over nationally ranked Detroit King and three losses later are fighting for their lives.  They have actually played their best ball since King away from Warren so maybe that is a positive sign.  Something amiss on the east side and Carmel will not feel sorry for them.  Warren needs to take care of the ball (broken record) to stay close here.  I don't think they do for much longer than a quarter though I have been wrong on nearly every Warren game this season.  Carmel wins 34-13.

Edited by temptation

53 minutes ago, temptation said:

Go ahead admit it....NO ONE had an LC/BD battle in week 8 for conference bragging rights....but here we are.

Center Grove @ Lawrence North:  Both teams coming off of road wins in what is rumored to be for the last time.  The Wildcats have kept this one respectable in recent years and I think they do so again, at least through three quarters before the Trojans rattle off a couple of late scores.  CG peaking at the right time again should worry the rest of the state.  CG wins 37-20.

Lawrence Central @ Ben Davis:  Will Patterson does not get enough credit for what he has done at LC.  The Bears went from conference cellar dwellers to contending for the MIC title over night.  They are more than capable of winning this one on the west side Friday night.  I think BD has a few more play makers but this one could go down to the wire.  Gimme the Giants 27-20.

Pike @ North Central:  A season that both programs would like to forget culminates in one of them picking up their first win on Friday night.  NC has yet to keep any MIC contest respectable but Pike has shown some steps forward.  For that reason, gimme the Red Devils on the road in what could be Coach O'Shea's final home game as NC coach.  Pike 21-17.

Warren Central @ Carmel:  Man, what has happened on the east side?  A month ago, they were celebrating a big win over nationally ranked Detroit King and three losses later are fighting for their lives.  They have actually played their best ball since King away from Warren so maybe that is a positive sign.  Something amiss on the east side and Carmel will not feel sorry for them.  Warren needs to take care of the ball (broken record) to stay close here.  I don't think they do for much longer than a quarter though I have been wrong on nearly every Warren game this season.  Carmel wins 34-13.

Friday night is Warren Central's senior night Temp. The Warriors host Carmel

Let me start with the last game first...

Carmel is good, but they are not great. The Greyhounds gave up a ton of yards to the Giants, but BD couldn't get out of its own way with penalties and the continued inability to stop big plays. I don't think they are THAT much better than Warren. I think it's a two TD affair. Carmel 35-21 over Warren.

Center Grove should beat Lawrence North, but I think that the Wildcats have discovered something. I think they hang close and maybe CG hits a couple of TD's in the 4th to pull away. Center Grove 42, LN 28

Pike should have won a couple of games this year, but they couldn't close the door on opponents. I think that they are the better of the "o-fers" in the conference. I think Mike Brevard celebrates his first win. Pike 35, NC 14

Finally,

Ben Davis should win this game. I think, as you said @temptationthat the Giants have more playmakers. I think the Giants want that 12th MIC title a lot. I think they're disappointed in what happened in their three close losses and want to close out an undefeated MIC slate, albeit without Carmel and CG to Coach Simmons' chagrin, for the first time since 2017. All of that said, I don't think there's any way this isn't a one possession football game in the end. Maybe the team that has the ball last will win it. Will Patterson for Coach of the Year and for showing what you can do with a program like LC's. Makes you wonder how NC keeps missing the boat. Ben Davis 31, Lawrence Central 28

Edited by BDGiant93

On 10/12/2022 at 12:31 PM, MonkeyButt said:

I guess I heard the starting QB for LC didn't play and they were still up 28-0 to start?

That's correct. BD gambled for an INT on one play to Duff and missed. Duff returned punt to the BD 9, and the Giants failed to cover a sky kick correctly which led to a Russell return. That's 21 points. BD's defense gave up 107 yards passing and 124 yards (on 40 carries) rushing including the 58 yarder that Duff caught and ran in after the gamble.

Edited by BDGiant93

On 10/12/2022 at 12:31 PM, MonkeyButt said:

I guess I heard the starting QB for LC didn't play and they were still up 28-0 to start?

Ben Davis was DREADFUL in the first half. DREADFUL. I mean, it was so bad that we were up in the press box thinking about running clocks. Blocked punt in first half began to turn the tide even though BD didn't score off it. Giants hit a couple of big plays and then it was like LC suddenly was back on their heels. Reminded me a lot of the BD/Center Grove game where suddenly it was a ball game and LC got caught flat footed. Was just an odd football game. BD was fortunate to win in the end, but I can think of a handful of games over the years where the Giants came back or found themselves in position to win. You don't give them back...especially with this BD team who, in the past, has had trouble closing (three losses this year, for ex).

Edited by BDGiant93