Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

On 10/3/2022 at 12:55 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Hey, hey . . .  It is Week #8 of the high school season.

Where did the time get to already?

Culver at Pioneer

Knox at Triton

North Judson at LaVille

Winamac at Caston

What say you?

Pioneer by 10 

Triton by 7

Laville by 3-5 

Winamac by 14

On 10/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, FrankCostanza said:

I think you may be right. I recall driving by the practice field that week and seeing Coach Lambert and his players performing a rain dance in lieu of practice. 

That's what you saw, but it doesn't tell the entire story. Coach Lambo and his staff spent the entire week researching weather patterns and the correct rituals to bring torrential downpours. Many aren't aware of this, but the wrong rituals will summon a nasty curse.

Coach Lambo inspected the field on gameday and decided to start on the side that was much less muddy. With a little luck his Jay's won the toss. Winamac was unable to get anything going in the deep mud and the game was over by halftime. The end.

On 10/4/2022 at 7:12 PM, FrankCostanza said:

I think you may be right. I recall driving by the practice field that week and seeing Coach Lambert and his players performing a rain dance in lieu of practice. 

Very Luers like by the Blue Jays,   well played ....well played 

On 10/3/2022 at 12:55 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Hey, hey . . .  It is Week #8 of the high school season.

Where did the time get to already?

Culver at Pioneer

Knox at Triton

North Judson at LaVille

Winamac at Caston

What say you?

Pioneer 24-14

Knox  49-21

LaVille 27-20

Winamac  35-12

6 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

Paul DeWitt is the conference mvp. That kid is an animal!!!!!

What a play by #25 on the td to win it! The OL of LaVille knocked the Jays D line down like the falling of the Berlin wall!!

Was an awesome watch!

Yeah Laville Online legit. Think Judson also had under 200 yards rushing, which coming into game was averaging near 280

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Yeah Laville Online legit. Think Judson also had under 200 yards rushing, which coming into game was averaging near 280

Very. 

When I saw LaVille and Judson play Winamac I was scared for our kids haha. Size is something Judson or LaVille doesn't lack. 

Hope Plummer is OK. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

Some great games in the HNAC last night!  The game for 1st was an instant Channel 46 classic!  Congratulations to the Lancers for gutting out the win.  Culver using a passing game to beat Pioneer!!!  What's up with that?  Triton spots Knox 16 points before running an offensive play, then fights back to take the lead in the 2nd.  That was a fun game to watch!  Caston self-destructs again in the 2nd half.  

A great night of football!

10 hours ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Laville wins in Overtime with Plummer out for prb year with Shoulder injury! Laville shuts out Judson in second half 

LaVille definitely showed what kind of team they have.

IMO the LaVille defense stepped up once again against one of the best RB in the conference and best total offenses, holding Allen to less than 60 yards in first half and about 85 yards for the game.  The also kept North Judson out of the end zone in the OT and  limited NJSP to about 120 rushing yards for the game and did not allow them in the end zone for the second half.  Allen did have three TDs for Judson and showed that he is a very valuable young man on this team.

DeWitt was nails toinght. Probably around 160 yards rushing and 2 TDs.  Plummer getting injuried at the end of the third didn't seem to bother LaVille.

Next man up stepped in and did a nice job running the controls.  Howevrer, if Plummer is out with the injury, that takes away a lot of positions that he plays for the team - QB, P-PK, Kickoff, defense, he can play a lot of places.

After watching this one, I could see both NJ and LV make a deep run in the state tournament.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Wait until you see Schuh next week before you make that proclamation.  

Watched Schuh against LaVille.  He was nails in that one too.

Schuh definitely one of the best backs in the conference.  Wouldn't be surprised if he was over 1,500 rushing yards or pretty close for the season. And, I believe he has over 100 yards rushing in every game so far this season.

Would also say that DeWitt fits in that category for LaVille.  He's probably near 1,100 rushing yards after last night and I believe since he finished over 100 yards against NJ that gives him six games over 100 yards.

Both Schuh and DeWitt should be considered for conference MVP.

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Some great games in the HNAC last night!  The game for 1st was an instant Channel 46 classic!  Congratulations to the Lancers for gutting out the win.  Culver using a passing game to beat Pioneer!!!  What's up with that?  Triton spots Knox 16 points before running an offensive play, then fights back to take the lead in the 2nd.  That was a fun game to watch!  Caston self-destructs again in the 2nd half.  

A great night of football!

Great game.  Fumbling that kick off, the 3 two point conversions, and the questionable PI that took away an interception doomed the Trojans.  I was pleased with the fight back attitude after going down 16-0.

8 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Watched Schuh against LaVille.  He was nails in that one too.

Schuh definitely one of the best backs in the conference.  Wouldn't be surprised if he was over 1,500 rushing yards or pretty close for the season. And, I believe he has over 100 yards rushing in every game so far this season.

Would also say that DeWitt fits in that category for LaVille.  He's probably near 1,100 rushing yards after last night and I believe since he finished over 100 yards against NJ that gives him six games over 100 yards.

Both Schuh and DeWitt should be considered for conference MVP.

from_the_sidelines007

DeWitt had over 100 against Triton, over 150 against Knox and I bet almost 150 against North Judson...and they beat all 3 of those teams. 

I believe he'll get it and Schuh will get it next year.  

8 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

LaVille definitely showed what kind of team they have.

IMO the LaVille defense stepped up once again against one of the best RB in the conference and best total offenses, holding Allen to less than 60 yards in first half and about 85 yards for the game.  The also kept North Judson out of the end zone in the OT and  limited NJSP to about 120 rushing yards for the game and did not allow them in the end zone for the second half.  Allen did have three TDs for Judson and showed that he is a very valuable young man on this team.

DeWitt was nails toinght. Probably around 160 yards rushing and 2 TDs.  Plummer getting injuried at the end of the third didn't seem to bother LaVille.

Next man up stepped in and did a nice job running the controls.  Howevrer, if Plummer is out with the injury, that takes away a lot of positions that he plays for the team - QB, P-PK, Kickoff, defense, he can play a lot of places.

After watching this one, I could see both NJ and LV make a deep run in the state tournament.

from_the_sidelines007

Imo. The mvp race was down to Allen of Judson and DeWitt of LaVille. I think LaVille winning and DeWitt having that big of a game sealed it for me. Schuh is a stud no doubt, I loved watching him play against Winamac last year. He played hard and ran hard, he just had no chance in the game last year. 

He'll be the leader for conf mvp next year. It wouldn't be because lack of stats this year but because the RB grouping in conference is very good.

Shane Shuman deserves a lot of chatter for his overall talent but he doesn't have the team around him that Cheyenne, Paul or Schuh does. 

As we approach the state tournament draw later today, I was thinking about 'the draw'

It has been discussed in many, many circles (and on GID for that matter) about seeding the tournament instead of the blind draw.

The big question is how to would seeding be done?

Based on records? Based on Strength of Schedule? Based on the sectional rank from the overall rating from the Sagarin Ratings?

In looking at Sectional 33, which has Bremen and LaVille, along with Andrean, Hammond Noll, Lake Station, Wheeler, and Whiting, the finds were interesting to say the least.

If SOS was used, the seeding would be:

1 - Andrean

2 - Bremen
3 - LaVille
4 - Whiting
5 - Wheeler
6 - Hammond Noll
7 - Lake Station

If the Overall Rating From Sagarin was used, the seeding would be:
1.LaVille
2.Andrean
3.Bremen
4.Wheeler
5.Whiting
6.Lake Station
7.Hammond Noll

If straight records were used, the seeding would be:
1.LaVille, 8-0
2.Andrean, 6-2
3.Bremen, 4-4
4.Whiting, 3-4*
5.Lake Station, 3-4*
6.Wheeler, 3-5
7.Hammond Noll, 0-7
*based on record v. teams within Sectional #33

With an odd number of teams, the #1 seed would get the bye.
Then #2 v. #7, #3 v. #6, and #4 v. #5.

The next question would be how to determine a home game to start the tournament?
Would the lower number (2,3,4) be considered the home team?

Anyone with an opinion?

from_the_sidelines007

The true purpose of seeding is to make sure that you have the 2 best individuals (teams) make it to the finals.  In your case at Sectional 33 that would mean that Andrean and Laville should be on opposite sides of the bracket and then blind draw the other 6 teams.  Most of the time it is easy to figure out who are the 2 best, if there are 3 teams worthy then have the other 5 coaches vote.