Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,142.05 of $3,600 target

My "Oh MY" teams so far this year


Recommended Posts

Brownsburg - This might be the best team Brownsburg has had since 1985 when they won state in 4a.  Brownsburg has scored 50 on Zionsville, 60 on Avon and 42 on Cathedral. Oh MY!

 

Attica - I know Attica has been hit hard with covid the last 2 years, but Attica just got beat by Riverton Parke 72-6 and Tri-County beat them 48-6.  That is the only game Tri-County has won. Oh MY!

 

McCutcheon - What has happened to McCutcheon?  They don't play LCC, but the other teams in Tippecanoe County are blowing them away.  West Lafayette beat them 41-15, Harrison won 38-3, and Lafayette Jeff beat them 57-7.  Oh My!

 

Marion and Richmond- It looks like both teams will end up 0-9.  They don't play each other, and that is too bad.  Marion and Richmond both had great teams in the 70's, 80's and 90's.  Marion made it to state in 1988 and 1990.  Lafayette Jeff beat Richmond 80-0 and New Haven beat Marion 47-0 this year.  Both teams going 0-9 in the same season probably has never happened before.  Oh MY!

 

Clinton Central - This might be the worst offense Clinton Central has ever had.  They have scored only 3 td's in the last 6 games.  Clinton Central couldn't score against Frontier and Noblesville Home School scored 43 on Frontier.  "Oh MY" 

 

If any team has surprised you so far this year, good or bad, list them here.  I'm sure there are a lot of other "Oh My" teams and games.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Oh My team has to be Warren Central. What in the world is going on with the Warriors? Turnovers, blown coverage, fumbles, and injuries have plagued them. This team has a lot of talent and potential. They had no excuse to lose to LN by 3 TDs last week. Oh My lord 

Edited by Warren Central Warrior
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reitz 

 

they have been relatively down the last couple of years and went 4-7 last year I think….now sit 7-0 and one of the contenders for 4A south.  
 

maybe some had them much better this year but I don’t know if 7-0 with the way they are doing it was on many peoples bingo cards 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My "Oh My" teams are

 

Martinsville - Not necessarily shocked or surprised, but their wins are big time quality wins and there are no signs of slowing down. I have counted them out 3 or 4 times this season and they won all of them! They were just 1-19 like 5 so years ago and Brian Dugger has improved their record dramatically every year. 

 

Danville - Danville is coming off of 58 wins in the last 6 years. So to see them start 2-4 was a shock based off of recent success, but I have no idea what all has gone into that. I am assuming injuries have to have played a huge part as they are talented.

 

Lastly, I too would've put Marion on this list. The 6 points per game might be more shocking than their record, but again, I do not judge as you never know what teams are battling! Look at Decatur Central who went from 17-5 in 2 years to 3-4 right now with losses to Plainfield and Moorseville, who they have beaten handedly over the years minus one or two. Anyone relatively close to the Indy area knows the injury bug has unfortunately plagued DC and everyone obviously looks for them to get back on track very soon when they're healthy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carroll FW: This team isn't rich in history and have been average at best since Dinan took over 12 years ago. Last year they put their best ever football team on the field. I never expected this year's version to be better, especially since they lost their three year starting quarterback. Kudos to the Chargers for reloading and continuing to improve. There's a gut feeling this year that when Indy comes calling, they'll give them a game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Evansville Central.  They had a couple of key contributors leave the program, but for a team that was in the 4A finals not that long ago the drop off has been huge.  they have only managed to score 26 points all season and will finish 0-9.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, EaglesFan1964 said:

My "Oh My" teams are

 

Martinsville - Not necessarily shocked or surprised, but their wins are big time quality wins and there are no signs of slowing down. I have counted them out 3 or 4 times this season and they won all of them! They were just 1-19 like 5 so years ago and Brian Dugger has improved their record dramatically every year. 

 

Danville - Danville is coming off of 58 wins in the last 6 years. So to see them start 2-4 was a shock based off of recent success, but I have no idea what all has gone into that. I am assuming injuries have to have played a huge part as they are talented.

 

Lastly, I too would've put Marion on this list. The 6 points per game might be more shocking than their record, but again, I do not judge as you never know what teams are battling! Look at Decatur Central who went from 17-5 in 2 years to 3-4 right now with losses to Plainfield and Moorseville, who they have beaten handedly over the years minus one or two. Anyone relatively close to the Indy area knows the injury bug has unfortunately plagued DC and everyone obviously looks for them to get back on track very soon when they're healthy. 

I will add South Vermillion to my list! Never thought after losing the QB and WR that they lost last year to graduation (ISU and UIndy) they would be 6-1 right now with a probable chance to go 8-1 and a chance to compete in their sectional. Greg Barrett teams never surprise me when they're good, but this one is impressive considering what they lost last year. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My nomination for "Oh My" team of the year is 1A Madison-Grant. They are currently 6-1 on the year and in each of their 6 victories they have held their opponents to 8 points or less. The beat the biggest school in their conference (4A Mississinewa) for the first time in 9 years (during which was on average a 37 point victory for Mississinewa).

The Argylls have not had a winning season in a decade, but that will change this season no matter the outcome of their final 3 games.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My contribution would be Cardinal Ritter.  10 years, or so, ago they were playing for state championships and now the program seems to be in shambles.  I hope they can get it back in a short time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

North Newton, completely hapless this year.  Being that they're one on the biggest, if not the biggest schools in the new-look Midwest Conference, I was expecting they'd be better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Gipper said:

North Newton, completely hapless this year.  Being that they're one on the biggest, if not the biggest schools in the new-look Midwest Conference, I was expecting they'd be better.

There problem is actually that everyone else around them got better, by comparison, this season.  Frontier, West Central, and South Newton all lost to North Newton last season and are doing better than their last-season counterparts.   North Newton still has to face North White and Tri-County, who they beat last year.  NW is currently at 4-2 and I'd pick them over North Newton.  North Newton may pick up a win over Tri-County, but compared to last season, that's not a pickup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, foxbat said:

There problem is actually that everyone else around them got better, by comparison, this season.  Frontier, West Central, and South Newton all lost to North Newton last season and are doing better than their last-season counterparts.   North Newton still has to face North White and Tri-County, who they beat last year.  NW is currently at 4-2 and I'd pick them over North Newton.  North Newton may pick up a win over Tri-County, but compared to last season, that's not a pickup.

TC is either hit or miss: they'll have a great season once ever so often, but a lot of the time they are also doom and gloom.  I'll take the Spartans in that one, although I think North White will defeat them soundly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Reitz 

 

they have been relatively down the last couple of years and went 4-7 last year I think….now sit 7-0 and one of the contenders for 4A south.  
 

maybe some had them much better this year but I don’t know if 7-0 with the way they are doing it was on many peoples bingo cards 

I echo Reitz as my "OH MY" team. Lots of talent all over the field and their defense really gets after it. Very fun to watch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

My nomination for "Oh My" team of the year is 1A Madison-Grant. They are currently 6-1 on the year and in each of their 6 victories they have held their opponents to 8 points or less. The beat the biggest school in their conference (4A Mississinewa) for the first time in 9 years (during which was on average a 37 point victory for Mississinewa).

The Argylls have not had a winning season in a decade, but that will change this season no matter the outcome of their final 3 games.

While I understand you can only control your schedule so much, their 6 wins came against teams with records of...

1-6, 0-7, 4-3, 1-6, 0-7, and 2-5. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First, I'd go with Norwell. A lot of people in the FW area said they'd be good but they've been completely dominant. They've only given up 28 points so far this entire season. They'll have a shot at Chatard in the Regional and I think they'll give the Trojans everything they can handle. 

In the Region, I'll go with CP. Many of us knew they'd be much-improved from last season but I don't think many thought they'd knock off Merrillville. If they can beat Jeff, a potential Regional match-up with likely Carroll or Penn is very interesting. Props to Buzea and his staff for getting this turnaround going so fast.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeff is an interesting squad.  They got destroyed by Cathedral in Week 1, but ran over Michigan City the following week,

Edited by Gipper
The spirit moved me.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, EaglesFan1964 said:

I will add South Vermillion to my list! Never thought after losing the QB and WR that they lost last year to graduation (ISU and UIndy) they would be 6-1 right now with a probable chance to go 8-1 and a chance to compete in their sectional. Greg Barrett teams never surprise me when they're good, but this one is impressive considering what they lost last year. 

They’re borderline 3A in a 1A conference. They’ll get blown out of the sectional. I swear to God they will 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, Tippy said:

Brownsburg - This might be the best team Brownsburg has had since 1985 when they won state in 4a.  Brownsburg has scored 50 on Zionsville, 60 on Avon and 42 on Cathedral. Oh MY!

 

Attica - I know Attica has been hit hard with covid the last 2 years, but Attica just got beat by Riverton Parke 72-6 and Tri-County beat them 48-6.  That is the only game Tri-County has won. Oh MY!

 

McCutcheon - What has happened to McCutcheon?  They don't play LCC, but the other teams in Tippecanoe County are blowing them away.  West Lafayette beat them 41-15, Harrison won 38-3, and Lafayette Jeff beat them 57-7.  Oh My!

 

Marion and Richmond- It looks like both teams will end up 0-9.  They don't play each other, and that is too bad.  Marion and Richmond both had great teams in the 70's, 80's and 90's.  Marion made it to state in 1988 and 1990.  Lafayette Jeff beat Richmond 80-0 and New Haven beat Marion 47-0 this year.  Both teams going 0-9 in the same season probably has never happened before.  Oh MY!

 

Clinton Central - This might be the worst offense Clinton Central has ever had.  They have scored only 3 td's in the last 6 games.  Clinton Central couldn't score against Frontier and Noblesville Home School scored 43 on Frontier.  "Oh MY" 

 

If any team has surprised you so far this year, good or bad, list them here.  I'm sure there are a lot of other "Oh My" teams and games.

Attica’s problems began long before The Covids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Attica’s problems began long before The Covids.

That's probably true, but I have never seen it this bad.  Attica did make it to state in 2000.  They need someone like Josh Smith on the team again.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 11:44 AM, foxbat said:

There problem is actually that everyone else around them got better, by comparison, this season.  Frontier, West Central, and South Newton all lost to North Newton last season and are doing better than their last-season counterparts.   North Newton still has to face North White and Tri-County, who they beat last year.  NW is currently at 4-2 and I'd pick them over North Newton.  North Newton may pick up a win over Tri-County, but compared to last season, that's not a pickup.

Maybe the loss of one of their assistant coaches had something to do with it.   The same coach who won as the HC at TC?  The one who took LCC to the wire a few years back?  Hmmm....... 🤔

On 10/4/2022 at 11:12 AM, Gipper said:

North Newton, completely hapless this year.  Being that they're one on the biggest, if not the biggest schools in the new-look Midwest Conference, I was expecting they'd be better.

There's a lot going on there.  I have some inside knowledge and it isn't looking good for the Spartans.

Edited by Ballhawk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Gipper said:

Jeff is an interesting squad.  They got destroyed by Cathedral in Week 1, but ran over Michigan City the following week,

What about this is "Oh MY"? We're now in Week 8 of the season, and you're talking about Jeff losing to Cathedral in a blowout (not exactly surprising) in Week 1 and then beating a down Michigan City team by 18 points the following week. I'm being genuine here, what makes any of this interesting at this point in the season?

Edited by NLCTigerFan07
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Owen Valley - In 2018 they were 0-10 and 2019 they were 1-9, but this year it looks like they will be 9-0.  OH MY!  Good job Rob Gibson!

 

Elwood -  They weren't always bad.  Elwood had some good teams in the late 1980's.  In 1950 they were a top 20 team and gave 8-1 West Lafayette a good game that year.  This year Frankton beat them 84-12 and Eastbrook beat them 83-0.  Madison-Grant and Tipton scored 69 on them. Elwood still has to play Oak Hill on October 14.  OH MY!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...