Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Spegal snags 1st Offer

1 minute ago, MasonHAsher said:

Think he would work great in the Army system. I am not sold on his ability as a running back in the normal college system for a P5 program.

I would respectfully disagree with your 2nd point.  He's got more speed than you'd think for a back of his size and above average hands to catch it out of the backfield.  Plus he's an outstanding blocker either lead blocking or pass blocking.   I don't see any reason why he couldn't be very successful in any college system at any level.

Just now, dmizers3 said:

I would respectfully disagree with your 2nd point.  He's got more speed than you'd think for a back of his size and above average hands to catch it out of the backfield.  Plus he's an outstanding blocker either lead blocking or pass blocking.   I don't see any reason why he couldn't be very successful in any college system at any level.

Disagreeing, and not bashing is fine. We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think that his body could withstand the beating of a B1G defense week in and week out. Of course, no offers but Allen is visiting New Pal. 

27 minutes ago, MasonHAsher said:

Disagreeing, and not bashing is fine. We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think that his body could withstand the beating of a B1G defense week in and week out. Of course, no offers but Allen is visiting New Pal. 

We will see what offers may or may not come his way.  But he is quite a physical specimen so I think he could take the pounding,  however you can't know for sure at this point because the HHC isn't much of a test as far as that goes.  So we only have a few games this past season against what I would consider tough competition to go by.  I certainly hope he gets some better offers but I agree completely that he would be great in Army's system. 

1 hour ago, dmizers3 said:

We will see what offers may or may not come his way.  But he is quite a physical specimen so I think he could take the pounding,  however you can't know for sure at this point because the HHC isn't much of a test as far as that goes.  So we only have a few games this past season against what I would consider tough competition to go by.  I certainly hope he gets some better offers but I agree completely that he would be great in Army's system. 

Agreed. I just don't think that 5'10 running backs who aren't known as power guys hold up in P5.

• Confused 1

On 1/17/2019 at 2:22 PM, MasonHAsher said:

Agreed. I just don't think that 5'10 running backs who aren't known as power guys hold up in P5.

Huh? Not known as power guys? Compared to who? Mike Alstott, Jerome Bettis? Agreed. If Charlie is not a power back, then I have no idea what you would called him. He is a tank. His weight room numbers as a frosh at Delta were insane. I can't imagine what they are like now.