Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 9

Congratulations to Jasper on the win tonight. The Cats are clearly clicking on all cylinders at the right time. The rematch with Memorial is going to be incredible.

This marks 3 years running that Jasper has embarrassed VL in this rivalry…I really felt Lincoln would bring the fight on the road and play some good football ..win or lose.

But a totally disheartening performance…September I would have given the Alices a shot against anyone in SW Indiana. The last 6 quarters they’ve been a shell of themselves…to the point where they’re non competitive. 

6 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Ha, his “little” brother is either 6’4 or 6’5 around the 275 mark, I don’t know what they are feeding their boys!

Dang!! College offers for little bro? If not WWE tag team called the acolytes. Finishing move called the absolution. I get royalties if this happens. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Congratulations to Jasper on the win tonight. The Cats are clearly clicking on all cylinders at the right time. The rematch with Memorial is going to be incredible.

This marks 3 years running that Jasper has embarrassed VL in this rivalry…I really felt Lincoln would bring the fight on the road and play some good football ..win or lose.

But a totally disheartening performance…September I would have given the Alices a shot against anyone in SW Indiana. The last 6 quarters they’ve been a shell of themselves…to the point where they’re non competitive. 

Without the turnovers, especially the first one, this is a completely different ball game. Y’all were driving on us multiple times and poised for a TD and turnovers killed it. I still think this VL team can beat anyone in the SIAC. 

Boonville showed that Gibson Southern can be scored on. With Hunt and that defense playing like it did weeks 1-3, you guys are in a perfect place to play spoiler. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, combthehair said:

Boonville showed that Gibson Southern can be scored on. With Hunt and that defense playing like it did weeks 1-3, you guys are in a perfect place to play spoiler. 

Don't be fooled, if you paid close attention you'd notice that GS intentionally spotted Boonville 14 before the Titans actually began playing in earnest in an effort to equalize the contest. Honestly, how in the world could a team score 2 TDs on straight possessions without seeing 2nd down if it wasn't part of a well orchestrated Titan game plan? Even so, GS still covered the spread.

I kid, I kid.

Looking forward to an exciting game vs the Alices! Fans better arrive early at the Jewell if they want a good seat!!

7 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

I’m sure they will get their mojo back week 10.  Unlike any conference in SW Indiana, the SIAC is a grind and can cause many ups and downs for a young talented team.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

I’m sure they will get their mojo back week 10.  Unlike any conference in SW Indiana, the SIAC is a grind and can cause many ups and downs for a young talented team.  

I hope so, but the Alices have nose-dived into a 3 game losing skid.

21 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Had to been 8500+ strong in this one 

As someone who has attended the annual West Side rivalry game for more than 40 yrs, I was disappointed in the crowd, to be honest.  The end zone area was only about half full and there were empty areas easily visible in most sections of the bowl.  The visitor side stands were mostly empty too. 

There was a larger than normal Reitz crowd, likely owing to this being their best team in a decade and the fringe fans who have been pulled back in but I think the MD fans were the ones missing.  I think many felt this was a potential blow-out and stayed away.   There is a lot of commentary that flows back and forth among the opposing fans of these two teams and it can get heated at times and some simply choose to avoid it.

12 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Don't be fooled, if you paid close attention you'd notice that GS intentionally spotted Boonville 14 before the Titans actually began playing in earnest in an effort to equalize the contest. Honestly, how in the world could a team score 2 TDs on straight possessions without seeing 2nd down if it wasn't part of a well orchestrated Titan game plan? Even so, GS still covered the spread.

I kid, I kid.

Looking forward to an exciting game vs the Alices! Fans better arrive early at the Jewell if they want a good seat!!

I need to get to GS for a game while you all are on top. I haven’t been there in years and it sounds like a blast. Want to get there and linton. 

1 hour ago, MDAlum82 said:

As someone who has attended the annual West Side rivalry game for more than 40 yrs, I was disappointed in the crowd, to be honest.  The end zone area was only about half full and there were empty areas easily visible in most sections of the bowl.  The visitor side stands were mostly empty too. 

There was a larger than normal Reitz crowd, likely owing to this being their best team in a decade and the fringe fans who have been pulled back in but I think the MD fans were the ones missing.  I think many felt this was a potential blow-out and stayed away.   There is a lot of commentary that flows back and forth among the opposing fans of these two teams and it can get heated at times and some simply choose to avoid it.

You may be in the minority on that one. Everybody I talked to was impressed by the turnout and estimates I heard put it at the highest attendance in a game there since 2015. I know mid first half the bowl side was full except for a small area behind the MD student section. I get what you’re saying though, it did seem like the MD crowd was a little less than expected, especially in the visitor bleachers. Nevertheless, it was definitely a really cool atmosphere and those kids won’t forget it. 

5 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

You may be in the minority on that one. Everybody I talked to was impressed by the turnout and estimates I heard put it at the highest attendance in a game there since 2015. I know mid first half the bowl side was full except for a small area behind the MD student section. I get what you’re saying though, it did seem like the MD crowd was a little less than expected, especially in the visitor bleachers. Nevertheless, it was definitely a really cool atmosphere and those kids won’t forget it. 

MaxPreps did a video for that 2015 game, I’ll try to find it