Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Center Grove

27 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

4th game this year CG has given up more than 320 passing yards. They came out with the win in the previous 3 games but not this one. CG will likely have 3 weeks to figure something out. CG Opponent passing yds. Lost: 351 Cathedral - Won: 273 Warren Central, 324 Carmel, 326 BD, 348 LC, 245 LN

It was actually 410 yds not 351. CG definitely did some things that were working 2nd and 3rd qtr. Even quite a few of the big pass plays in the 4th qtr there was at least a defender with their hand on the ball or right there.

9 hours ago, Grover said:

O'Neil is a special talent.

He definitely is, it is hard to believe he is only a Junior. He will likely shatter all QB records at Cathedral when he is done playing (He has already overtaken them).

That being said last year you told me about Cherry at QB for CG, he looks to be a very solid QB for the Trojans. You said he would be solid and he definitely looks good to me.

• Like 1

That 4th quarter was epic.  The 27 unanswered points in 9 minutes is a rare event.  Replay is on TV this morning (right now) if anyone wants a re-watch of second half about to start! 

I noticed quite a few college coaches at the game scouting.  Danny put on a good show with 410 passing yards.

Can't wait for the re-match next month.  And for the sake of the good rivalry I hope both teams keep this regular season game on the schedule for years to come!

8 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

It was actually 410 yds not 351. CG definitely did some things that were working 2nd and 3rd qtr. Even quite a few of the big pass plays in the 4th qtr there was at least a defender with their hand on the ball or right there.

I was going off what CG posted on Digital Scout. Cathedral Irish at Center Grove Trojans Football | 10/14/2022 7:00:00 PM | Digital Scout live sports scores and stats

Whatever, 351 or 410 they still have a big play pass defense problem that they have been having all year.

45 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

4th game this year CG has given up more than 320 passing yards. They came out with the win in the previous 3 games but not this one. CG will likely have 3 weeks to figure something out. CG Opponent passing yds. Lost: 351 Cathedral - Won: 273 Warren Central, 324 Carmel, 326 BD, 348 LC, 245 LN

Not disagreeing, but got to give Cathedral tons of credit. Their pitching and catching combination is pretty darn special. 

1 minute ago, Dave007 said:

Can't wait for the re-match next month.  And for the sake of the good rivalry I hope both teams keep this regular season game on the schedule for years to come!

Hope both teams do have the opportunity to meet up again this season. It has been a tremendous series. My guess is being independents, they will play for some years to come. 

Tip of the hat to the Irish…heck of a comeback. A few key plays made the difference in the 4th quarter, and Cathedral made them. 

8 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Not disagreeing, but got to give Cathedral tons of credit. Their pitching and catching combination is pretty darn special. 

Not just 1 catching weapon either. I honestly thought CG found made adjustments and did a good job 2nd and 3rd qtr. It looked as though when CG made their adjustment Cathedral eventually made some adjustments to find holes. Still there were many plays even though it was a reception by the Irish the Trojans had a player with a hand on the ball or were right there so they were contested receptions. It wasn't a blown coverage wide open receiver.

12 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

I was going off what CG posted on Digital Scout. Cathedral Irish at Center Grove Trojans Football | 10/14/2022 7:00:00 PM | Digital Scout live sports scores and stats

Whatever, 351 or 410 they still have a big play pass defense problem that they have been having all year.

They may not have accounted for the final TD yardage 60 yards. While it may look to be a run sometimes it is actually a pass play (shovel pass). I would bet the digital scout is likely 60 yards more rushing and 60 less passing because of that one play. I wasn't trying to discredit your post. 

After seeing and twice rewinding the extremely blatant missed foul call on the obvious tackle by the Cathedral RT from behind on the LB who beat him around the edge on the deciding TD, I turned it off. After the obnoxious tutu qb imaginary foul on Chris Jones of the KC Chiefs to begin the week and then seeing this, causing me to further lose faith in the future of American Tackle football. The game has degraded so much into 7 on 7 by rules and enforcement of rules. Football has devolved the opposite direction from the Jack Tatum style era. I have watched less of it this year than I have since my elementary days. And when I have watched, I have too often become disillusioned and turned it off.

27 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

After seeing and twice rewinding the extremely blatant missed foul call on the obvious tackle by the Cathedral RT from behind on the LB who beat him around the edge

I don’t suppose you could post that video. We all like extremely blatant missed foul calls.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ragdoll said:

After seeing and twice rewinding the extremely blatant missed foul call on the obvious tackle by the Cathedral RT from behind on the LB who beat him around the edge on the deciding TD, I turned it off. After the obnoxious tutu qb imaginary foul on Chris Jones of the KC Chiefs to begin the week and then seeing this, causing me to further lose faith in the future of American Tackle football. The game has degraded so much into 7 on 7 by rules and enforcement of rules. Football has devolved the opposite direction from the Jack Tatum style era. I have watched less of it this year than I have since my elementary days. And when I have watched, I have too often become disillusioned and turned it off.

I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy this great football game!

14 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Goal line stand at the 1 and a blocked punt for a TD in the last 5 minutes. Holy hell. What a game. 

insanely bad calls throughout...

CG’s JV guys were getting ready to warm up before that goal line stand by Cathedral. Went from possibly being 36-13 to the wheels falling off!

Credit to Cathedral’s kids for never quitting! Great win for them and a demoralizing loss for CG!!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 1:29 PM, HomeCookin said:

CG’s JV guys were getting ready to warm up before that goal line stand by Cathedral. Went from possibly being 36-13 to the wheels falling off!

Credit to Cathedral’s kids for never quitting! Great win for them and a demoralizing loss for CG!!

Demoralizing?? Lol. The Trojans will be just fine.  Coach Moore and his staff will use the extra week to get them ready. They will learn from it. 

Sometimes, you just tip your hat to the other team and just go lace ‘em up again. 

13 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Demoralizing?? Lol. The Trojans will be just fine.  Coach Moore and his staff will use the extra week to get them ready. They will learn from it. 

Sometimes, you just tip your hat to the other team and just go lace ‘em up again. 

Yeah I don't buy into the demoralizing. Coach Moore is a fantastic coach. I personally feel this is a great tool for Coach Moore. The players feel the sting and he will have them pumped and ready to go. It wasn't a loss to a lesser team. It was a loss to a good team and Coach Moore will use it as motivation to get better in every aspect,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1