Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Center Grove

On 10/15/2022 at 10:11 AM, ragdoll said:

After seeing and twice rewinding the extremely blatant missed foul call on the obvious tackle by the Cathedral RT from behind on the LB who beat him around the edge on the deciding TD, I turned it off. After the obnoxious tutu qb imaginary foul on Chris Jones of the KC Chiefs to begin the week and then seeing this, causing me to further lose faith in the future of American Tackle football. The game has degraded so much into 7 on 7 by rules and enforcement of rules. Football has devolved the opposite direction from the Jack Tatum style era. I have watched less of it this year than I have since my elementary days. And when I have watched, I have too often become disillusioned and turned it off.

See Below

On 10/15/2022 at 10:39 AM, Bobref said:

I don’t suppose you could post that video. We all like extremely blatant missed foul calls.

Here is the go ahead score by Cathedral. Please tell me where the obvious tackle by the Cathedral RT is. The RT is #76 (Note I saw no CG player tackled to the ground by an Offensive Lineman.

34 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Here is the go ahead score by Cathedral. Please tell me where the obvious tackle by the Cathedral RT is. The RT is #76 (Note I saw no CG player tackled to the ground by an Offensive Lineman.

@ragdoll, if you can find offensive holding in pass protection on this play, you’re a better official than I ever was.

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

See Below

I guess I only get one "like" a day now, but I did want to like this post.

The play i

On 10/17/2022 at 7:43 AM, FastpacedO said:

See Below

That is not the play that is in question about a no call on the right tackle vs the LB.  It was on the 4 and 10 that cathedral converted right before this play.

15 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

The play i

That is not the play that is in question about a no call on the right tackle vs the LB.  It was on the 4 and 10 that cathedral converted right before this play.

I just went by the comment in the post that stated: "the extremely blatant missed foul call on the obvious tackle by the Cathedral RT from behind on the LB who beat him around the edge on the deciding TD". I provided the deciding TD. Here is the 4th down play though. 

54 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I just went by the comment in the post that stated: "the extremely blatant missed foul call on the obvious tackle by the Cathedral RT from behind on the LB who beat him around the edge on the deciding TD". I provided the deciding TD. Here is the 4th down play though. 

Not sure if that is a blatant hold but I've seen far less get called. Probably a legitimate argument to be had there if you're Center Grove. 

Edited by Footballking16

I've been thinking a lot this week, I know that's a scary deal, about dramatic Irish comebacks against the caliber of Center Grove.  Now, I've seen a lot of Cathedral football games since my first one in 1955, and I can only come up with two in my old mind that come close to a comeback of last Friday's magnitude.

The first one was against a very talented, and highly ranked Hammond High (iirc) team in 1988.  The Irish were down 24-0 at the beginning of the 4th quarter and came back to win 26-24.  I don't remember a lot of the details of the 4th quarter, but I was there that Saturday afternoon.

The other game was at Cincinnati Moeller in 2011.  I call this game the Moeller Miracle.  It seemed that whenever the Irish played in Cincinnati, there would be clock issues at the end of the game, and the end would be played by the officials clock on the field, with no visible clock for the fans.  Anyway, Moeller scored at the end of the game to take a 24-23 lead.  We didn't know how much time was left, but we found out later that it was 17 seconds.  Moeller's kickoff went into the endzone for a touchback, which I think was a mistake on their part.  The Irish start at their own 20 with those 17 seconds left.  Irish QB Corey Babb goes back to pass and just heaved it down the field, a Hail Mary, and the prayer was answered as an Irish receiver caught the ball on the Moeller 23 yard line.  Again we, in the stands, don't know how much time is left, but later we were told there was one second left. The Irith then line up for a field goal.  It just so happened that the normal FG kicker was excused from the team the previous week.  Drake Myers, Irish senior, lines up for his first varsity field goal attempt from 40 yards.  The kick was right down the middle and in disbelief the Irish won 26-24.  Many also know this as the Drake Myers game!

You never know what you're gonna miss, when you miss a game.  I sure wish I could have been there last Friday night, but it was one of the few games I've missed in many years.  I had eye surgery, cataracts, and just couldn't make it.  I watched on the internet and listened to the Irish announcers on the radio.  It was almost like being there!  I hope I didn't bother the neighbors too much at the end!

6 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Not sure if that is a blatant hold but I've seen far less get called. Probably a legitimate argument to be had there if you're Center Grove. 

Would love to see the end zone view of that. This could very likely be a push by the RT that causes the LB to lose his balance as he tries to get around the edge and dive at the QB. I've seen plays like this several times that are clearly no fouls form the end zone view which is the view the covering official (referee) would have on this play.

From this angle it does look like it could be a take down from behind. Especially to a Center Grove fan is 100% biased about the action. That's the strange thing about being an official. You don't care if he gets the sack or they get the first down. You just want to get the call right. It's amazing how that changes your perspective on EVERY play. If this was a whiff like Bob speculated then you would feel awful as an official taking away a huge 4th down conversion.

• Like 1