Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #9

The final week of the schedule has some juicy matchups.

Ben Davis @ North Central:  After sleep walking through the first half, the Giants dropped 29 unanswered points to stun LC and position themselves for a outright MIC title with a win over lowly North Central.  Won’t be a problem.  BD wins 42-7.

Cathedral @ Center Grove:  A possible semi state preview has some asking the annual question of “will we see both teams’ full playbook” with bragging rights being the only thing at stake.  This is about as close to a coin flip game as you can get in my opinion.  Can’t wait.  I’ll go with the Irish in what some might consider a slight upset.  20-17 Cathedral.

Lawrence Central @ Carmel:  Interested in the mindset of these two teams as LC blew a FOUR touchdown lead with the conference title at stake and Carmel looked stuck in the mud against Warren. More impressed with LC this season but think Carmel finds a way.  Hounds 23-20.

Lawrence North @ Pike:  This one could be sneaky good as both of these teams have showed flashes but also laid eggs.  I will stick with the Wildcats on the road 27-17.

Warren Central @ Christian Brothers (MO):  I think I’ve been wrong about Warren every damn week so this should give Warren fans promise.  Don’t know a ton about CBC other than second hand accounts but they are littered with power 5 talent and have a playmaker committed to ND.  They score in bunches.  Long bus ride home for WC.  CBC wins 38-21.

Edited by temptation

3 hours ago, temptation said:

The final week of the schedule has some juicy matchups.

Ben Davis @ North Central:  After sleep walking through the first half, the Giants dropped 29 unanswered points to stun LC and position themselves for a outright MIC title with a win over lowly North Central.  Won’t be a problem.  BD wins 42-7.

Cathedral @ Center Grove:  A possible semi state preview has some asking the annual question of “will we see both teams’ full playbook” with bragging rights being the only thing at stake.  This is about as close to a coin flip game as you can get in my opinion.  Can’t wait.  I’ll go with the Irish in what some might consider a slight upset.  20-17 Cathedral.

Lawrence Central @ Carmel:  Interested in the mindset of these two teams as LC blew a FOUR touchdown lead with the conference title at stake and Carmel looked stuck in the mud against Warren. More impressed with LC this season but think Carmel finds a way.  Hounds 23-20.

Lawrence North @ Pike:  This one could be sneaky good as both of these teams have showed flashes but also laid eggs.  I will stick with the Wildcats on the road 27-17.

Warren Central @ Christian Brothers (MO):  I think I’ve been wrong about Warren every damn week so this should give Warren fans promise.  Don’t know a ton about CBC other than second hand accounts but they are littered with power 5 talent and have a playmaker committed to ND.  They score in bunches.  Long bus ride home for WC.  CBC wins 38-21.

If Cathedral holds CG to 17 they will win, but they won’t. 42-31 CG.

I think you’re spot on the rest of the games, although I think WC keeps it closer 24-21. 

Ben Davis 49, North Central 7

Giants get back on track with hopefully a full and healthy offense. 

Center Grove 35, Cathedral 28

Trojans just win. I think they'll do it again.

Carmel 28, Lawrence Central 7 (w/o Luter), Carmel 28, Lawrence Central 27 (with Luter)

LC had Ben Davis. They were gutted at the end. Completely gutted. Don't know why Luter didn't play against BD. If they don't play him, no way that they beat that Carmel D. If they have him, should be a really good one.

Christian Brothers 38, Warren 21

CB looks scary if you go to their Max Preps. I'll take them to beat WC on the long road trip.

8 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Ben Davis 49, North Central 7

Giants get back on track with hopefully a full and healthy offense. 

Trojans just win. I think they'll do it again.

Carmel 28, Lawrence Central 7 (w/o Luter), Carmel 28, Lawrence Central 27 (with Luter)

LC had Ben Davis. They were gutted at the end. Completely gutted. Don't know why Luter didn't play against BD. If they don't play him, no way that they beat that Carmel D. If they have him, should be a really good one.

Christian Brothers 38, Warren 21

CB looks scary if you go to their Max Preps. I'll take them to beat WC on the long road trip.

As good of a quarterback as Bryson Luter is, I think freshman Terry Walker III is even better. Over the summer, he competed in a national competition for freshman quarterbacks and finished in the top 4.  Next summer I expect him to start receiving power 5 offers as he visits different camps and colleges.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

As good of a quarterback as Bryson Luter is, I think freshman Terry Walker III is even better. Over the summer, he competed in a national competition for freshman quarterbacks and finished in the top 4.  Next summer I expect him to start receiving power 5 offers as he visits different camps and colleges.

Walker III sure impressed me in the CG game.  He came off the bench and started making plays instantly. (both passing and running)  And to think he is only a freshman.  He has all the tools to be really special.

On 10/9/2022 at 6:51 AM, temptation said:

8 weeks in and still forget CG isn't in the MIC?!?!?! Just messing with ya.

Agree it's a coin flip game but I think it's a higher scoring outcome. 

Ben Davis by 35 over North Central

Carmel by 10 over LC

LN by 7 over Pike

Two weeks ago Christian Brothers came to Indianapolis and beat the hell out of Chatard 55-24.  Now Warren Central has to make the 4 hour drive to St. Louis.  Christian Brothers by 21 over Warren Central.

On 10/12/2022 at 1:48 AM, LC_Bears_04 said:

He's got a heck of an arm. He'll get that accuracy dialed in and will become a real problem for the next few years.

52 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central went to St. Louis and got its butt handed to it 52-25 tonight. The Warriors head into the bye week with a 4-5 regular season record. I called them finishing that way

Hopefully they were able to learn a lot and get better instead of just getting it handed to them.