Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2 hours ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Caston vs Knox - Knox

Laville vs Culver - Laville

Pioneer vs North Judson - Judson

Winamac vs Triton - Triton

I personally don’t see any of the games really close this week but that’s why play the game. Also does Culver have a broadcasting station, would like to hopefully see Laville win the title but can’t be at the game! 

I believe wtrc out of Rochester does Culver’s games 

11 hours ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Caston vs Knox - Knox

Laville vs Culver - Laville

Pioneer vs North Judson - Judson

Winamac vs Triton - Triton

I personally don’t see any of the games really close this week but that’s why play the game. Also does Culver have a broadcasting station, would like to hopefully see Laville win the title but can’t be at the game! 

https://team1sports.com/CulverTV/?B=403435

2 hours ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Laville 42-0 

Czarnecki made some nice throws tonight. 

3 hours ago, trojan474 said:

42-6 Triton final 

Didn't make it to the game, went to watch little cousin play LaVille. 

Sounds about like how I thought it'd be. 

Better things on the horizon for both teams. 

9 hours ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Laville 42-0 

Seems like a modified playlist for LaVille.  Not that that is a bad thing.

Used the running game much of the contest.  I recall four passes by LaVille.

LaVille def. won the line of scrimmage.

That defensive line is impressive and kept Shuman from breaking free.

The offensive line opened up huge holes for the running game - I've got to believe that DeWitt and Smith had over 100 yards rushing each.

QB did well directing the offense.

Gotta believe that LaVille will have to throw the ball more during the state tournament in order to keep the opposition honest.

Impressive season by LaVille so far!

as always, the game is bettr

from_the_sidelines007

Looks like everything went as expected this week.  Schuh had his lowest rushing total of the season but only had a few carries, maybe 10.  On the other hand he had enough yards to break the Triton single season scoring record while going over the 1500 yard mark.  Shively looked sharp throwing the ball.  The D was a little suspect against the pass.  Still some work to do there.  But I'd say the Trojans are ready for sectional play.  

Congratulations to the Lancers on the outright HNAC title.  Well deserved!  A great regular season!  I would love to see a big tournament run by them and a couple other HNAC teams.  

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

The offensive line opened up huge holes for the running game - I've got to believe that DeWitt and Smith had over 100 yards rushing each.

Gotta believe that LaVille will have to throw the ball more during the state tournament in order to keep the opposition honest.

from_the_sidelines007

My son plays for the Lancers and he told me this week that they were going to try and keep the playbook as vanilla as possible since this is the game their sectional opponents get to scout. There's a little strategy there. 

Czarnecki can throw the ball, and his pocket presence was pretty good. I'm not worried about that. He's just not nearly as mobile as Plummer is and his feet were a decent part of the LaVille offense. 

Hoping for 6 more games! Good luck to all the HNAC teams as the tournament starts. Will be rooting for all of them!

3 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

from_the_sidelines007

Laville definitely kept it simple for QB this game. He completed 3 passes one for a TD but was called back. Honestly though Laville hasn’t thrown it more than 7 times a game I think since Triton and has since went to the power game and defense, which is both their strengths.  Looking forward to the playoffs!! 

8 minutes ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Laville definitely kept it simple for QB this game. He completed 3 passes one for a TD but was called back. Honestly though Laville hasn’t thrown it more than 7 times a game I think since Triton and has since went to the power game and defense, which is both their strengths.  Looking forward to the playoffs!! 

Since you mentioned your dad is an assistant, can,you share a little more on the film exchange?

I have been told a while ago that teams exchange two films.  Is that any two games someone wants to share?  Is it two films the asking school picks?

Is it the last two games the receiving team played? Or maybe an ask for certain games?

Was ways curious ad I have never been a football coach. 

as always, the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

1 hour ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Since you mentioned your dad is an assistant, can,you share a little more on the film exchange?

I have been told a while ago that teams exchange two films.  Is that any two games someone wants to share?  Is it two films the asking school picks?

Is it the last two games the receiving team played? Or maybe an ask for certain games?

Was ways curious ad I have never been a football coach. 

from_the_sidelines007 

I’m not sure for high school to be honest. My dad just handles the kickers for Varsity and helps were coach needs it. No official coach on Varsity. He has coached Junior High for 26 years has head coach so far. 

21 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

Teams will request two game films.  Not necessarily the last two. Believe me they have access to every game you have played. If you think you are hiding stuff you’re not

I'll bet!

With modern technology,  I'm sure coaches call in favors quite often with other coaching colleagues. 

from_the_sidelines007