Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Penn vs Carroll

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

The discussion was Snider/Penn...not Penn vs. Cathedral/St. X.  

I understand - but the topic is Penn vs. Carroll so I'm a little confused. I only brought up Cathedral and St. X when pointing out that I feel like the Kingsmen are not getting the credit they deserve with their 6-2 record and transitioning my post to the Penn/Carroll matchup.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I understand - but the topic is Penn vs. Carroll so I'm a little confused. I only brought up Cathedral and St. X when pointing out that I feel like the Kingsmen are not getting the credit they deserve with their 6-2 record and transitioning my post to the Penn/Carroll matchup.

Penn is not the old Penn, this coming straight from Penn fans. I have heard more than a few fans grumbling about coaching, you had a good one in Geesman for sure. Still a fan in how hard Penn plays though

6 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Penn is not the old Penn, this coming straight from Penn fans. I have heard more than a few fans grumbling about coaching, you had a good one in Geesman for sure. Still a fan in how hard Penn plays though

True Statement. Penn has been down for the last 4-5 years . This years team is better than the last few, anchored by the defense . If Penn doesn't give up a huge bomb with 5 seconds remaining in the first half , they would of been leading Cathedral at the half . I know woulda shoulda coulda , just saying . I have no clue how good Carroll/Snider are this year . Penn has played some good teams this year in Cathedral,St X, Elkhart and New Prairie . All things considered , I still give the edge to Carroll in this one, I hope I'm wrong . 

11 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I am not sure what the "old Penn" has anything to do with this year's team and their upcoming game against this year's Carroll squad. My statement about Penn having a good defense this year is only about this year. I think it will be a good matchup against Carroll's juggarnaut offense.

1 minute ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I am not sure what the "old Penn" has anything to do with this year's team and their upcoming game against this year's Carroll squad. My statement about Penn having a good defense this year is only about this year. I think it will be a good matchup against Carroll's juggarnaut offense.

It will be a very good matchup. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Yes, Carroll averaging 41 PPG , and Penn Defense is giving up an average of 13 PPG . 

2 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Yes, Carroll averaging 41 PPG , and Penn Defense is giving up an average of 13 PPG . 

The real key to the game is Penn’s offense vs Carroll’s defense. For Penn to win this game, I think they will have to score at least 24 points. 

3 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I think it will be a good matchup against Carroll's juggarnaut offense.

I think Carroll's offenses in '20 & '21 were slightly better than this years version. This team has a better defense though. Regardless, it all equates to Carroll's best team ever. Unfortunately, I think there is still a gap between them and the top 5 or 6 teams out of Indy. 

15 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

As stated in a previous post, they're like a yoyo under Yoeman. But hey, can anyone really replace Geesman?

17 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I am excited for this game though. I think Carroll is somehow even better than they were last year, and the Kingsmen are getting very little respect outside the Michiana area.

This will be a good game. I give Carroll a slight edge, but Penn is at home. It's a coin toss in my opinion. 

37 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

The real key to the game is Penn’s offense vs Carroll’s defense. For Penn to win this game, I think they will have to score at least 24 points. 

Agreed , I actually think Penn  will need to score 28-31 to win , and this is the problem because Carroll has a stingy defense as well

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I think Carroll's offenses in '20 & '21 were slightly better than this years version. This team has a better defense though. Regardless, it all equates to Carroll's best team ever. Unfortunately, I think there is still a gap between them and the top 5 or 6 teams out of Indy. 

I can definitely agree with you on 2020, but last year's Charger defense was pretty stout! 5 shutouts in 12 games, and held two other opponents to 10 points or less. It's semantics either way though, Carroll's team all-around this year is pretty darn good.

The 2014 squad might take offense to your best team ever though 😉 However, this year's squad will have as good a chance as ever of winning a Regional Championship since they lucked into being in Sectional 2 and not Sectional 3. Won't be easy, but a potential path through a 7-2 Penn, 9-1 Elkhart, and 11-0 Crown Point squad to do it? SHEESH! Murderers Row there!

4 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

The 2014 squad might take offense to your best team ever though 😉 

However, this year's squad will have as good a chance as ever of winning a Regional Championship since they lucked into being in Sectional 2 and not Sectional 3. Won't be easy, but a potential path through a 7-2 Penn, 9-1 Elkhart, and 11-0 Crown Point squad to do it? SHEESH! Murderers Row there!

2014? No offense, but that's funny. Both New Haven and Columbia City took Carroll to overtime and Carmel beat them by 49 points.  That team would get trounced by the 2022 version. 

Penn, Elkhart, and Warsaw are no slouches, but poor Homestead drew Hamilton Southeastern and Fishers. I agree that Carroll lucked out a bit. But the sectional they drew is a beast in it's own right. Then Crown Point comes to town. If they can get through that, then they might just be battle tested enough to give HSE/Fishers a run for their money. 

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

2014? No offense, but that's funny. Both New Haven and Columbia City took Carroll to overtime and Carmel beat them by 49 points.  That team would get trounced by the 2022 version. 

Fair enough! They trounced my Tigers that year (and they year before). I guess I was thinking the 2014 team had the Tranquill brothers, but maybe they were there the year before?

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Fair enough! They trounced my Tigers that year (and they year before). I guess I was thinking the 2014 team had the Tranquill brothers, but maybe they were there the year before?

He played in 2012 and 2013. It was the 2012 team that upended Penn. Then they lost to Merrillville by 29. Bowed out to Carmel by 31 in 2013. These last two years are easily the best teams Carroll has ever fielded. 

Warsaw's claim to fame was in 2000 and 2001. Those were some good football teams. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boilerup said:

Best team Carroll has had! Bold statement! Maybe u should wait till after the season before making that statement! Just saying!

Carroll could lose Penn, Elkhart, or Crown Point and it wouldn't change my opinion. 

24 minutes ago, BTF said:

Carroll could lose Penn, Elkhart, or Crown Point and it wouldn't change my opinion. 

Carroll certainly looks for real and might be better than any 6A team in the north . Whether they can hang with the 6A Indy powerhouses remains to be seen . I look at this game tonight as a win for me regardless of the outcome . If Penn wins , great they move on , if they lose they will get their guys earlier than expected for my favorite sport(Wrestling).

2 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Carroll certainly looks for real and might be better than any 6A team in the north . Whether they can hang with the 6A Indy powerhouses remains to be seen . I look at this game tonight as a win for me regardless of the outcome . If Penn wins , great they move on , if they lose they will get their guys earlier than expected for my favorite sport(Wrestling).

Tonight? Two weeks away 🙂

• Haha 1