Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

My 6A playoff predictions

13 hours ago, FBfanatic40 said:

3 peat for center grove? What say you?

Screenshot_20221009-224301_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Appreciate you putting out this bracket.....to me, the most intriguing first round games include:

• Carroll vs Penn
  • Elkhart vs Warsaw
  • Homestead vs HSE
  • Westfield vs Carmel
  • Brownsburg vs Ben Davis (a slobberknocker for sure)
  • CG vs FC.  (FC has improved and the Coach West and Coach Moore history)

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Appreciate you putting out this bracket.....to me, the most intriguing first round games include:

• Carroll vs Penn
  • Elkhart vs Warsaw
  • Homestead vs HSE
  • Westfield vs Carmel

Brownsburg vs Ben Davis is definitely a brutal first round draw. Tough break for Coach West getting CG in first game, they are improved maybe not to CG's level but still improved. Not an easy day for the Spartans drawing The Royals for first game!

6A will be a fun watch this year. Really wide open IMO. Some quick thoughts: 

Elkhart is solid but I'd be shocked if they got to the semistate. I think Carroll, Penn, and CP are all better than them. Will be interesting to see who gets a shot at Indy in semistate.

Who represents the North in 6A? Carmel, Fishers, HSE, or a surprise? Can Westfield defend their semistate title and make a run? 

Brownsburg - BD is obviously really interesting because of all the storylines; regular season rematch, postseason rematch from last year, BD's QB now playing in this game after being out week 1, the playoff monkey on Brownsburg's back... Definitely the biggest first round game in the entire state IMO. 

Cathedral - Can they win a regional in 6A? Came really close last time they were in the class. BD or Brownsburg will be tough. 

CG - Warren: Close game to start the season but the teams have gone different directions since then. Does CG win handily this time? Or can Warren pull the upset in the rematch? 

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

• Carroll vs Penn
  • Elkhart vs Warsaw
  • Homestead vs HSE
  • Westfield vs Carmel

Not a good year for Homestead to take on the top of the HCC. 

30 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

6A will be a fun watch this year. Really wide open IMO. Some quick thoughts: 

Elkhart is solid but I'd be shocked if they got to the semistate. I think Carroll, Penn, and CP are all better than them. Will be interesting to see who gets a shot at Indy in semistate.

Who represents the North in 6A? Carmel, Fishers, HSE, or a surprise? Can Westfield defend their semistate title and make a run? 

Brownsburg - BD is obviously really interesting because of all the storylines; regular season rematch, postseason rematch from last year, BD's QB now playing in this game after being out week 1, the playoff monkey on Brownsburg's back... Definitely the biggest first round game in the entire state IMO. 

Cathedral - Can they win a regional in 6A? Came really close last time they were in the class. BD or Brownsburg will be tough. 

CG - Warren: Close game to start the season but the teams have gone different directions since then. Does CG win handily this time? Or can Warren pull the upset in the rematch? 

I don't see Elkhart winning the Sectional , I think Penn/Carroll winner wins the Sectional . 

I think Carroll beats Penn, and then takes out Elkhart. Jeff beats Lake Central easily. Crown Point beats Jeff, Crown Point vs Penn/Carroll will be a great game. Don’t have a problem with the other side, though I’m torn between BD and Brownsburg.

On 10/10/2022 at 7:07 PM, Warren Central Warrior said:

I have a feeling that Warren Central might shock the state and win 6A this year. If the Warriors beat Center Grove, history says that they will go on to win state.

No way that a team that lost at home to LN by 3 touchdowns beats Center Grove in the playoffs.

8 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

No way that a team that lost at home to LN by 3 touchdowns beats Center Grove in the playoffs.

Why is that so hard to believe? CG and WC were tight all the way to the 4th quarter and wo Keith Jackson who has shown to be the difference maker when playing QB. WC just beat Carmel 20-13. CG and Carmel was 31-27. It isn't out of the realm of possibility. I will say this as I have said before WC is their own worst enemy, but if they can play up to the talent that they have on their team then there isn't anyone in the state they can't beat (well maybe except New Pal, LOL). 

48 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

Why is that so hard to believe? CG and WC were tight all the way to the 4th quarter and wo Keith Jackson who has shown to be the difference maker when playing QB. WC just beat Carmel 20-13. CG and Carmel was 31-27. It isn't out of the realm of possibility. I will say this as I have said before WC is their own worst enemy, but if they can play up to the talent that they have on their team then there isn't anyone in the state they can't beat (well maybe except New Pal, LOL). 

I agree its a whole new season in the playoffs and BOTH teams are different from games 1 and 2.  (CG and Carmel played game 2)

CG lost their all state running back for the season in the first quarter against Warren and the Trojan QB was making his first varsity start, yet they were able to overcome. CG is a very different from the team that opened the season against WC.  BTW, I was there for their game...it wasn't quite the nail biter that you describe.  While the margin wasn't huge, the WC offense struggled mightily...perhaps because of the QB play you mentioned.

NEITHER team is the team that played each other in game 1.  That being said, I do agree that when these two teams play, either team could come out on top...especially in the playoffs.  Both teams will be ready to play.  (assuming they are both sectional champs....and that's not a given)

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 7:07 PM, Warren Central Warrior said:

I have a feeling that Warren Central might shock the state and win 6A this year. If the Warriors beat Center Grove, history says that they will go on to win state.

Wait, weren't you just lamenting about how the program had taken a swan dive?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yep, my thoughts exactly, esp. the way Elkhart got dominated by New Prairie.

Which begs the question: Did Elkhart sit starters? For most coaches, I would say pride in getting the win trumps resting a player for the tournament. The rest option is fine, but at least play him for a couple of quarters. When a team has momentum, don't do anything to kill it. 

56 minutes ago, Jon Scott said:

I don't think any coach at the high school would sit a bunch of starters to rest them for the playoffs, unless they had some sort of injury they were allowing to heal up.  This isn't the NFL week 17.  

All bets are off when Merrillville gets waxed by Chesterton. To each their own.