Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,162.05 of $3,600 target

Recommended Posts

LINTON STOCKTON VS SOUTH VERMILLION -- Linton is the top of 2A for a reason. I don't see them losing this sectional. Toughest game will be round 2 game vs Southmont.

NORTH KNOX VS SOUTHMONT -- Southmont has been tough all year and I have always thought it would be a Linton vs Southmont final - but luck of the draw has them hitting in round 2 game.

SULLIVAN VS NORTH PUTNAM -- Sullivan has always been a tough opponent for North Putnam, this year is no different for sure - Sullivan to second round.

GREENCASTLE VS CASCADE -- This is the closest game of the sectional - a virtual toss-up. Greencastle has the edge because they have a better record against class 2A opponents.

Edited by NPCougarNation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

Gimme 

 

Linton over SV

Southmont over North Knox

Sullivan over N Putnam

Cascade over Greencastle

 

Linton over Southmont

Sullivan over Cascade  this will be the closest game of the sectional i believe

 

Linton over Sullivan

I agree with all of these predictions except Greencastle's defense can stop Cascade's offense. This will be a good game......Sullivan will definitely beat either team the next game and it will be at least 2 scores over either team. Golden Arrows are very good for a 2A squad (should be 3A still).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, NPCougarNation said:

I agree with all of these predictions except Greencastle's defense can stop Cascade's offense. This will be a good game......Sullivan will definitely beat either team the next game and it will be at least 2 scores over either team. Golden Arrows are very good for a 2A squad (should be 3A still).

i truly believe that your game friday night with Greencastle will be closer than Cascade's game against them in Sectional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, NPCougarNation said:

I agree with all of these predictions except Greencastle's defense can stop Cascade's offense. This will be a good game......Sullivan will definitely beat either team the next game and it will be at least 2 scores over either team. Golden Arrows are very good for a 2A squad (should be 3A still).

Sullivan will move back up to 3A at the next classification cycle.  I counted 72 players on their roster when they played Linton earlier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kingtut said:

Sullivan will move back up to 3A at the next classification cycle.  I counted 72 players on their roster when they played Linton earlier.

Yeah, looking at enrollment info off the IHSAA website, Southmont & Cascade will be moving up to 3A soon and hopefully taking Sullivan back with them! Although, it did say the reclassifications were for both 22-23 & 23-24 school years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I think this Southmont team is pretty solid.  Their competition level is pretty good... I mean would anyone in Sect 37 beat let alone compete with WeBo or Tri-West... or Lebanon and usually Danville?  Linton is always a physical team but I'm sure the Mounties saw that in those teams as well.  Linton hasn't come out fast in the last 2 games for whatever reason.  However the defense comes around after the 1st drive, and neither South Put nor South Verm were much a threat.  Of Course Hunter Gennicks has put the team on his shoulders with long TD runs to give Linton a lead and then the Miners wear down the opponent. I don't think anyone should or would underestimate Southmont.  I know most everyone had Linton rolling through this sectional when it was announced... But Southmont is very solid... Sullivan is very solid and I think Cascade is certainly better than their WL indicates.  

Linton and Southmont have only met twice, and it’s been 24 years ago that Linton won at the Roy in 1998 24-21 to even the series 1-1 after a 61-13 Mountie win in New Market in 1997. Southmont does not own a sectional crown in their school history, having only been in three sectional championship games losing all three: 2017 41-14 to Brebeuf Jesuit, 2008 24-8 to North Montgomery, and 1998 47-14 to Western Boone. The Miners are still looking for their 1st sectional title in 2A. They had become a 1A power with 12 sectional titles from 1997 to 2016 and 7 semi state appearances before finally reaching the 1 finale in 2015, then winning it all in 2016.  Linton has reached a sectional championship game just since being moved to 2A. The winner of this game faces the winner of the other semi-final matchup with 6-4 Cascade travelling to Sullivan to face the 6-4 Arrows at Sportland Field. It’s an intriguing game with Sullivan’s losses coming to unbeaten 10-0 Linton and 10-0 Owen Valley, 7-3 Indian Creek in OT and to 4A 6-4 Northview. The Cadets losses to 8-2 Triton Central, 9-1 Indy Scecina, 10-0 Indy Lutheran and in OT to 3A 6-4 Speedway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

I think this Southmont team is pretty solid.  Their competition level is pretty good... I mean would anyone in Sect 37 beat let alone compete with WeBo or Tri-West... or Lebanon and usually Danville?  Linton is always a physical team but I'm sure the Mounties saw that in those teams as well.  Linton hasn't come out fast in the last 2 games for whatever reason.  However the defense comes around after the 1st drive, and neither South Put nor South Verm were much a threat.  Of Course Hunter Gennicks has put the team on his shoulders with long TD runs to give Linton a lead and then the Miners wear down the opponent. I don't think anyone should or would underestimate Southmont.  I know most everyone had Linton rolling through this sectional when it was announced... But Southmont is very solid... Sullivan is very solid and I think Cascade is certainly better than their WL indicates.  

Linton and Southmont have only met twice, and it’s been 24 years ago that Linton won at the Roy in 1998 24-21 to even the series 1-1 after a 61-13 Mountie win in New Market in 1997. Southmont does not own a sectional crown in their school history, having only been in three sectional championship games losing all three: 2017 41-14 to Brebeuf Jesuit, 2008 24-8 to North Montgomery, and 1998 47-14 to Western Boone. The Miners are still looking for their 1st sectional title in 2A. They had become a 1A power with 12 sectional titles from 1997 to 2016 and 7 semi state appearances before finally reaching the 1 finale in 2015, then winning it all in 2016.  Linton has reached a sectional championship game just since being moved to 2A. The winner of this game faces the winner of the other semi-final matchup with 6-4 Cascade travelling to Sullivan to face the 6-4 Arrows at Sportland Field. It’s an intriguing game with Sullivan’s losses coming to unbeaten 10-0 Linton and 10-0 Owen Valley, 7-3 Indian Creek in OT and to 4A 6-4 Northview. The Cadets losses to 8-2 Triton Central, 9-1 Indy Scecina, 10-0 Indy Lutheran and in OT to 3A 6-4 Speedway.

Cascade lost their good running back to a broken leg last week. They have some other weapons, but it's not the same.

Southmont is pretty physical, I think they will hang with Linton for a good while before succumbing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...