Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week #10 - IHSAA State Tournament

Lakeland at Knox - The Redskins should feel good as they head into sectional play.  They are Sagarin's highest rated team in Sectional 26 and have played one the most difficult schedules of the group.  Nothing's a given when the tournament rolls around, but Knox has a chance to walk away with some hardware this year.  They'll be ready for the Lakers at home this week.  Knox Redskins 35-14

Whiting at LaVille - I can't imagine the Oilers having anything in their arsenal that will push LaVille.  They only average 12 ppg and LaVille's defense is probably one of the better ones they'll see all year.  Hopefully the Lancers can use this game to get their replacement quarterback feeling a little more comfortable.  LaVille Lancers 42-7

Winamac at Central Catholic - The Knights are a very balanced offensive attack and I don't see any way the Warriors keep this one close.  LCC will impose their will and they win this one going away.  Lafayette Central Catholic 45-7

North Newton at Culver - The winless Spartans come to Culver where they will receive a shellacking by the Cavs.  Lots of yards on the ground for Shuman and his running mates.  Culver wins this one easily on their road to the Sectional 41 championship game.  Culver Cavaliers 40-0

Triton at Pioneer - This is the most interesting matchup of the night.  I've been saying all year this Pioneer team is not as bad as their record makes them appear.  There are a lot of good teams in the HNAC this year!  I know they finished 6th, but look at the teams they lost to:  LaVille, North Judson, Triton and Culver all have the best teams they've had in years.  Knox is solid again.  And the Panthers' non-conference opponents were a combined 13-5.  So I see this game being close.  Triton is - and should be - the favorite.  But a letdown by the Trojans will end their season prematurely.  If I'm a Triton senior lineman, there's no way I'm letting a group of freshmen push me around.  Ultimately I think the experience of the Trojans will prevail, but it won't be decided until the 4th.  Triton Trojans 31-22.

North Judson at South Newton - South Newton has had a good year!  Winning 6 games is an accomplishment for sure.  But these two teams have lived in different worlds this season.  The Rebels were average in the very bad Midwest Conference.  The Judson option will run roughshod over the Rebels and it won't be close after halftime.  It should be a running clock for much of the second half.  North Judson Blue Jays 49-14

West Central at Caston - I would love to see the upset of the week happen in this one!  Caston played a difficult schedule and West Central's SOS was ranked 308th in the state!  That's in the bottom 3% statewide.  But they've won the games they've played, including a week one beating of the Comets.  I haven't seen anything from Caston to indicate they've improved enough during the season to give the Trojans a run for their money this week.  West Central Trojans 34-13

Lakeland at Knox -  Don't know enough about Lakeland but I know Knox is darn good.

Whiting at LaVille - Laville is one of the best teams in 2A.  

Winamac at Central Catholic - Winamacs youth hurts and CC looks towards Lewis Cass.

North Newton at Culver - Culver Big.  Schuman!

Triton at Pioneer - I think triton wins by 20 but don't be surprised if at halftime its close. Pioneers schedule has set them up to compete. Need some turnovers though.

North Judson at South Newton - Rebels struggled all year on defense Judson running clock at halftime.

West Central at Caston - Both teams have improved... but Trojans defense creates turnovers and the O-Line play are the difference.

4 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Lakeland at Knox - The Redskins should feel good as they head into sectional play.  They are Sagarin's highest rated team in Sectional 26 and have played one the most difficult schedules of the group.  Nothing's a given when the tournament rolls around, but Knox has a chance to walk away with some hardware this year.  They'll be ready for the Lakers at home this week.  Knox Redskins 35-14

Whiting at LaVille - I can't imagine the Oilers having anything in their arsenal that will push LaVille.  They only average 12 ppg and LaVille's defense is probably one of the better ones they'll see all year.  Hopefully the Lancers can use this game to get their replacement quarterback feeling a little more comfortable.  LaVille Lancers 42-7

Winamac at Central Catholic - The Knights are a very balanced offensive attack and I don't see any way the Warriors keep this one close.  LCC will impose their will and they win this one going away.  Lafayette Central Catholic 45-7

North Newton at Culver - The winless Spartans come to Culver where they will receive a shellacking by the Cavs.  Lots of yards on the ground for Shuman and his running mates.  Culver wins this one easily on their road to the Sectional 41 championship game.  Culver Cavaliers 40-0

Triton at Pioneer - This is the most interesting matchup of the night.  I've been saying all year this Pioneer team is not as bad as their record makes them appear.  There are a lot of good teams in the HNAC this year!  I know they finished 6th, but look at the teams they lost to:  LaVille, North Judson, Triton and Culver all have the best teams they've had in years.  Knox is solid again.  And the Panthers' non-conference opponents were a combined 13-5.  So I see this game being close.  Triton is - and should be - the favorite.  But a letdown by the Trojans will end their season prematurely.  If I'm a Triton senior lineman, there's no way I'm letting a group of freshmen push me around.  Ultimately I think the experience of the Trojans will prevail, but it won't be decided until the 4th.  Triton Trojans 31-22.

North Judson at South Newton - South Newton has had a good year!  Winning 6 games is an accomplishment for sure.  But these two teams have lived in different worlds this season.  The Rebels were average in the very bad Midwest Conference.  The Judson option will run roughshod over the Rebels and it won't be close after halftime.  It should be a running clock for much of the second half.  North Judson Blue Jays 49-14

West Central at Caston - I would love to see the upset of the week happen in this one!  Caston played a difficult schedule and West Central's SOS was ranked 308th in the state!  That's in the bottom 3% statewide.  But they've won the games they've played, including a week one beating of the Comets.  I haven't seen anything from Caston to indicate they've improved enough during the season to give the Trojans a run for their money this week.  West Central Trojans 34-13

Love your in depth write up in your predictions. I would agree with your analysis. I'm rootin' for all the HNAC teams, though. 

11 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Imo. Culver's team last year was better then this season.. way more size and more weapons.  

34 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

Imo. Culver's team last year was better then this season.. way more size and more weapons.  

Culver had like 8 or so contributing seniors on last years team, so combined with this years big senior class it was definitely more talented overall.  The addition of Coach Foust has opened up the offense a little more for this years team though which has served us well.

On 10/16/2022 at 11:37 AM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Some additional fun as the 2022 IHSAA State Tournament begins.

Let's pick a winner each week until the HNAC is eliminated from the state tournament.

Friday, October 21 Games

Lakeland at Knox

Whiting at LaVille

Winamac at Central Catholic

North Newton at Culver

Triton at Pioneer

North Judson at South Newton

West Central at Caston

What say you this week?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Lakeland vs Knox - Knox

Whiting vs Laville - Laville 

Winamac vs Lcc - Lcc 

North Newton vs Culver - Culver 

Triton vs Pioneer - Triton

North Judson vs South Newton - NJP

West Central vs Caston - WC 

Here is my two cents for the IHSAA games involving HNAC teams:

Lakeland at Knox - Redskins too much for Lakers

Whiting at LaVille - Very likely a running clock in 2H for Lancers.

Winamac at Central Catholic - Knights stop Warriors

North Newton at Culver - Cavs win big

Triton at Pioneer - Trojans eliminate Panthers

North Judson at South Newton - Most likely a running clock for Jays in 2H

West Central at Caston - Trojans end Comets season

HNAC goes 5-3 in week one of IHSAA Tournament.

Keep the change . . . 

from_the_sidelines007

On 10/16/2022 at 11:37 AM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Some additional fun as the 2022 IHSAA State Tournament begins.

Let's pick a winner each week until the HNAC is eliminated from the state tournament.

Friday, October 21 Games

Lakeland at Knox - Knox by three scores 

Whiting at LaVille - Laville with the running clock

Winamac at Central Catholic - CC with the running clock 

North Newton at Culver - Culver with the running clock 

Triton at Pioneer - Triton in a close one 

North Judson at South Newton - NJSP with the running clock 

West Central at Caston - WC in a close one

What say you this week?

from_the_sidelines007

23 minutes ago, Skins01 said:

Freshman Myles Mcglaughlin now holds the Knox single game rushing record with 11 carries for 308 yards tonight. Big things to come from the young man!

Nice! Dewitt for Laville had almost 200 in first quarter against Whiting! Sounds like that kids gonna be a stud! 

3 hours ago, mumm6866 said:

Nice! Dewitt for Laville had almost 200 in first quarter against Whiting! Sounds like that kids gonna be a stud! 

The DeWitt kids is a talented player.

IMO he belongs on the First-Team All-State Team.

He's got stats, he's on a winning team and he can ball!

from_the_sideline007

HNAC teams took care of business last night in dominating fashion!  It sounds like there were some pretty impressive individual performances as well.  Triton surprisingly dominated Pioneer.  If not for 2 first quarter turnovers by the Trojans it would have been worse.

All the HNAC survivors should be favored next week.  It would be nice to see 4 teams advance to championship games.  LaVille's game with Andrean tops the docket.  That should be a really good game!  The Lancers can prove they belong if they can send the 59ers packing.  A lot of hype around that one.

We'll see if Triton can push Judson.  I'm hoping it's a good game, but geez... the Jays dropped 74 last night!

The Cavs should roll.  Knox will have a battle with West Noble, but hopefully they can win at home.

Hopefully everyone came out of the first round healthy and ready to go!

7 hours ago, FinePrint said:

HNAC teams took care of business last night in dominating fashion!  It sounds like there were some pretty impressive individual performances as well.  Triton surprisingly dominated Pioneer.  If not for 2 first quarter turnovers by the Trojans it would have been worse.

All the HNAC survivors should be favored next week.  It would be nice to see 4 teams advance to championship games.  LaVille's game with Andrean tops the docket.  That should be a really good game!  The Lancers can prove they belong if they can send the 59ers packing.  A lot of hype around that one.

We'll see if Triton can push Judson.  I'm hoping it's a good game, but geez... the Jays dropped 74 last night!

The Cavs should roll.  Knox will have a battle with West Noble, but hopefully they can win at home.

Triton get any points off the Pioneer turnovers?

10 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Right now John Harrell has Laville winning by 10 and 25% percent chance to win state. Highest in 2A. If they had Plummer I would be way more confident, but the backup has done what asked and can make throws if settles in. 

• Like 1