Kankakee Valley (4-5) at New Prairie (8-1) , 8 pm
Northridge (5-4) at Riley (5-4), 7 pm
NorthWood (9-0) at Washington (2-7), 7 pm
St. Joseph (3-6) at Plymouth (0-9), 7 pm
Marian (2-7) at West Noble (7-2), 7 pm
Clay (0-9) at Jimtown (7-2), 7 pm
Fairfield (5-4) at Glenn (5-4), 7 pm
Wheeler (3-6) at Bremen (5-4), 7:30 pm

While 5A and 6A have the week off, the rest of the N.I.C. teams will be in action this Friday night in the first round of the sectional.

It's a new season.

7 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Oct. 21
Kankakee Valley (4-5) at New Prairie (8-1) , 8 pm The Cougars are poised to make another post season run and don’t see KV putting up much of a hurdle Np by 35
Northridge (5-4) at Riley (5-4), 7 pm good season by Riley comes to an end Raiders by 20
NorthWood (9-0) at Washington (2-7), 7 pm NW gets to rest players early NW by 42
St. Joseph (3-6) at Plymouth (0-9), 7 pm The Indians end another woeful season by Plymouth SJ by 20
Marian (2-7) at West Noble (7-2), 7 pm West Noble ends the Knights disappointing season by 21
Clay (0-9) at Jimtown (7-2), 7 pm Jimmies 
Fairfield (5-4) at Glenn (5-4), 7  Fairfield looks to rekindle some of their early season success Fairfield by 10
Wheeler (3-6) at Bremen (5-4), 7:30 pm Lions take care business by 20

While 5A and 6A have the week off, the rest of the N.I.C. teams will be in action this Friday night in the first round of the sectional.

It's a new season.

On 10/16/2022 at 2:41 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

Kankakee Valley (4-5) at New Prairie (8-1)  - NP - the Cougars should handle the Kougars with relative ease. 
Northridge (5-4) at Riley (5-4) - Northridge - Could be an NIC statement game. although I think Northridge takes care of business and dispatches the wildcats. 
NorthWood (9-0) at Washington (2-7) - NW - Panthers crush the Panthers. 
St. Joseph (3-6) at Plymouth (0-9) - STJ - Indians put the Rockies out of their misery. Fun and embarrassing fact but Plymouth's last win was against New Prairie. 
Marian (2-7) at West Noble (7-2) - Marian - Something tells me Marians strength of schedule and winning history gets it done in the first round this year. West Noble would at least have 5 losses going into this one if they had Marians schedule. 
Clay (0-9) at Jimtown (7-2) - Jimmies - Poor Clay
Fairfield (5-4) at Glenn (5-4) - falcons - Third matchup that features the same mascot. That's kind of cool. 
Wheeler (3-6) at Bremen (5-4) - Bremen - The lions salvage a winning season after this roller coaster of a year. 

Anyone have the low down on Jimtown? After losing the first 2 games against significantly bigger schools it looks like they took care of business afterwards. Are they as good as their record indicates or playing against lesser competition? Would the Jimmie faithful like to see them bump up to the big school division?

On 10/17/2022 at 8:32 PM, Rocket said:

Anyone have the low down on Jimtown? After losing the first 2 games against significantly bigger schools it looks like they took care of business afterwards. Are they as good as their record indicates or playing against lesser competition? Would the Jimmie faithful like to see them bump up to the big school division?

The won the South Bend city title beating the 4 public schools in town.  Playing bigger schools helps a 3 A team in my mind in the tournament.  They also play Northwood and Concord.  They do not seem to shy away from competition.  I would say they are legit going in.  How far?  That is the question.

On 10/17/2022 at 8:32 PM, Rocket said:

I think Jimtown was in a weak conference and has better coaching then the rest ! Far as run in the playoffs ? Not likely !

I spent entirely too much time figuring out the 4 SB public schools records for the past 10 seasons:

Adams: 38-64   Best season: 8-4 Worst season: 0-10 Number of losing seasons: 7

Washington: 35-65  Best season: 8-3 Worst season: 1-10 Number of Losing Seasons: 8

Riley: 36-64  Best Season: 7-4 Worst season: 1-10 Number of losing seasons: 5

Clay: 6-92  Best Season: 2-8 Worst season: 0-10 (x4) Number of losing seasons: 10

Total: 115-285.

Average record: 2.8-7.1

But wait, lets take out the games where the schools play each other and against non-sanctioned teams. 

Adams: 19-60 Best Season: 5-4 Worst Season: 0-8 (x2) Number of losing seasons: 9

Washington: 19-52 Best Season: 5-2 Worst Season: 0-6, 1-8 Number of losing seasons: 9

Riley: 19-51 Best Season: 4-4 Worst Season: 0-5 Number of losing seasons: 9

Clay: 1-67 Best Season 1-6 Worst Season: 0-8, 0-7(x5) Number of losing seasons: 10

Total: 58-230

Average record: 1.4-5.7

That is some bad football over the course of 40 seasons.

I will add that since the merger, Bremen, Jimtown, and Glenn have not been as good either. A lot of factors have contributed, but these programs seem content with doing ok in the JV division and don’t seem as motivated as they were in prior years. In the old days, if you won the NSC you were a solid team that could make a deep run, winning the NIC JV does not reflect that. Football in the region is not a state standard anymore, other regions have passed us up and continue to widen the gap. That can be said for the DAC, NLC, and other northern conferences.