Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,162.05 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Sectional Thread


Recommended Posts

The WRC has teams in 4 sectionals and 2 classes this year. Looks like geography isn’t a requirement on placing teams, I swear to God it’s not. 

2A 34 has Seeger at Rochester 8-1

2A 37 Liptons 9-0 at South Vermilion 

1A 42 North Vermilion at Covington 

Fountain Central at Attica 

1A 47 Riverton Parke at North Central 1-8

Covenant Christian at The Woofs of Parke Heritage 

Good luck to the WRC teams. You’re going to need it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeger @ Rochester - I know nothing about them expect that their mascot is the zebras and they are 8-1..  I'll take Seeger winning 28-20

Linton @ SV - Sorry SV

FC @ Attica - Shout out to Attica and the kids sticking through the whole season. They are going to battle the whole game but it won't be enough. FC wins big

RP @ North Central - RP wins big. Will they play the winner of Covenant Christian and PH? If so, will that be a home game?

Covenant Christian @ PH - Wolves move on to basketball

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeger vs Rochester- as much as I like the Patriots in this one, I think Rochester moves on. 

SV vs Linton- The Miners rest their starters for 3 qtrs and move on. 

FC vs Attica- I too applaud the Ramblers for making it a full season. Those kids did what they could with what they had. 

RP vs NC- I think RP wants some payback after the spanking they took in Farmersburg last year. Senior year for #24 and I dont think he's done yet. He runs wild and RP wins big. 

CC vs PH- warm up the rockadome because after this game that's all they need. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WRC123 said:

RP @ North Central - RP wins big. Will they play the winner of Covenant Christian and PH? If so, will that be a home game?

Covenant Christian @ PH - Wolves move on to basketball

Covenant would be the home team in an RP/Covenant round two matchup.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeger @ Rochester - heart says Patriots, head says Zebras.  I'll take Rochester at home.

Linton @ South Vermillion - SV hits a buzzsaw in their first-round game.  The Miners win easily over the Wildcats.

Fountain Central @ Attica - Mustangs live to play another week.  The Red Ramblers managed to show up for all 10 games, but their season ends at Bruce Field on Friday.

Riverton Parke @ North Central - the Panthers feast on the Thunderbirds and move on to week 2.

Covenant Christian @ Parke Heritage - the Warriors come out to play all over the Wolves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeger host Rochester.  This game could be close, Zebras most likely play tougher schedule and that could help them, but don't be surprised if Patriots move on.

Linton @ SV.  SV had a good season, but Miners too much for the Wildcats.

FC @ Attica, My hats also off to the Ramblers, but FC wins this one big.

RP @ NC, I'm going with RP, and its nice to see them in the top tier of the WRC for once.

Covenant Christian @ PH, CC by as many as they want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Hopefully Seegers has a good run defense, Rahchester had 3 backs last week in one game vs. Maconaquah with 197, 133, and 120 yard games. 

Fountain Centrals qb ran for about 180 on them with a not so strong line. I think the Zebras will hammer them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about a shout out to 2 teams last night. First for FC. They put up 41 in the first half then Herbs pulled as many starters as possible with a small lineup. Only 6 points in the 2nd half. And to Attica, not only for last night but all season showing up with a team with maybe 15 players or less and never backing down. They had a lot of BS said about them the last 2 seasons but you have to admire their efforts week after week. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 gone 3 remaining.

Traders Point at North Vermilion 

Park Tudor at Fountain Central

Riverton Parke at Covenant Christian 

I think all 3 WRC teams can win this week. John Harrells needs to put down the crack pipe. I swear to God he does. He has Park Tudor winning 52-17. They barely beat Clinton Centrals and had 12 men on defense the last 3 plays of the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

5 gone 3 remaining.

Traders Point at North Vermilion 

Park Tudor at Fountain Central

Riverton Parke at Covenant Christian 

I think all 3 WRC teams can win this week. John Harrells needs to put down the crack pipe. I swear to God he does. He has Park Tudor winning 52-17. They barely beat Clinton Centrals and had 12 men on defense the last 3 plays of the game. 

Clinton Prairie 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

It's 1-2 or 0-3 for the WRC this week. 

Covenant Christian will be the best team RP has played all year. Tough match-up.

Fountain Central and North Vermillion will have to step up their game.  

Hard to see any of the WRC teams pulling out the W. 

The WRC is gonna shock everyone this week. I swear to God they are. Go look at their opponents schedules and scores. All 3 games are very winnable for your local boys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sectional Round 2 picks... (Sorry I took last week off, I was caught up in Covered Bridge traffic)

I agree with @Donnie Baker, the Indy area bias on these match-ups is very evident on Harrell's site. I don't think any of these games will be blowouts regardless of who wins.

Trader's Point Christian @ North Vermillion - Harrell has this as the closest match-up, and it may be. The Falcons will be ready. The Knights beat only one team all year with a winning record, South Newton (6-4). I think the coaching will be key in this one. Crabtree and Blank are always prepared this time of the year, and #12 can hurt you running and throwing. I think the home team gets the narrow win, 35-31

Park Tudor @ Fountain Central - More Harrell bias, 52-17? I doubt the Mustangs can outscore the Panthers in this one, but Coach King is another one who will have his team prepared. Park Tudor will see heavy doses of #9 if Fountain Central wants to keep pace. Hopefully, there's only 11 PT defenders on the field when FC has the ball. Lots to look forward to in the future from the Mustangs. They may lose, but they'll keep it close, 41-32.

Riverton Parke @ Covenant Christian - Have they figured out where this one is being played yet? Last I heard the Warriors couldn't play at their normal spot (Zionsville MS) because it didn't have play clocks? Could the Panthers get to host if a spot is not found soon? Anyways, I don't think CC is three TD's better than RP either. Not too many teams have found a way to stop #24 this year. Getting shut out by SV a month ago seems to have ticked RP off. I don't think CC is as good up front as SV was, and the Panthers will want to control that clock to keep the Warriors offense off the field. Coach Sanders & Company will have their boys ready. I think the Panthers score late to get back to the Sectional Championship, 30-28.

 

Edited by Bear54
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Sectional Round 2 picks... (Sorry I took last week off, I was caught up in Covered Bridge traffic)

I agree with @Donnie Baker, the Indy area bias on these match-ups is very evident on Harrell's site. I don't think any of these games will be blowouts regardless of who wins.

Trader's Point Christian @ North Vermillion - Harrell has this as the closest match-up, and it may be. The Falcons will be ready. The Knights beat only one team all year with a winning record, South Newton (6-4). I think the coaching will be key in this one. Crabtree and Blank are always prepared this time of the year, and #12 can hurt you running and throwing. I think the home team gets the narrow win, 35-31

Park Tudor @ Fountain Central - More Harrell bias, 52-17? I doubt the Mustangs can outscore the Panthers in this one, but Coach King is another one who will have his team prepared. Park Tudor will see heavy doses of #9 if Fountain Central wants to keep pace. Hopefully, there's only 11 PT defenders on the field when FC has the ball. Lots to look forward to in the future from the Mustangs. They may lose, but they'll keep it close, 41-32.

Riverton Parke @ Covenant Christian - Have they figured out where this one is being played yet? Last I heard the Warriors couldn't play at their normal spot (Zionsville MS) because it didn't have play clocks? Could the Panthers get to host if a spot is not found soon? Anyways, I don't think CC is three TD's better than RP either. Not too many teams have found a way to stop #24 this year. Getting shut out by SV a month ago seems to have ticked RP off. I don't think CC is as good up front as SV was, and the Panthers will want to control that clock to keep the Warriors offense off the field. Coach Sanders & Company will have their boys ready. I think the Panthers score late to get back to the Sectional Championship, 30-28.

 

I think it’ll still be a “home” game for them they just have to go to plan B or C. State Law!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think all these games have the potential to be good ones. As someone said early some of these schools have not played the toughest schedules. I'm hoping for a WRC sweep this week! All the WRC teams better be ready to stop the passing game!

Traders Point @ NV - Crabtree and Blank better have their passing defense ready to go this week. Traders Point wants to throw the ball.. The qb has thrown for over 2500 yards this year. NV needs to do their best to keep that offense off of the field. I see this being a higher scoring game and I'll take NV winning the ball game with a late td in the 4th and a pick to end the game. NV 42-40

Park Tudor @ FC- Park Tudor was the heavy favorite to win the sectional and after a tough/close game last week I'm sure Herb has his boys fired up to play this one. Will FC be able to stop the Park Tudor offense or will the FC offense be able to score with them? I'll take FC holding them off a couple times to get a win. 35-32

RP @ Covenant Christian - As  long as 24 is playing the Panthers have a chance. They need to get a couple stops defensively and they got to score! I wouldn't be surprised if 24 gets 30 plus carries this game. I'm taking RP 38-30

Big thing this week for our WRC teams is can they stop the indy schools from scoring? I don't think they will be prepared to play the smash mouth football that these WRC teams can play at times! Best of luck to all teams!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NV --> NV's pass defense has been better I believe, but will it be enough? They're going to need all the help they can get defensively, but I don't believe TP can stop them either.

FC --> FC got a blessing last week playing Attica.. I think they will be ultra prepared to face PT.

CC --> I think I have to take CC here. I am very impressed with their QBs arm.. and I don't think the Panther defense will be able to hold them.

On 10/23/2022 at 1:31 PM, Donnie Baker said:

35B3A97D-5522-403E-A647-40F20608E10F.jpeg

On the 5 too.. WOW

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bear54 said:

I haven't seen anything. You'd think they'd have it figured out by now.  

Wouldn't you think if you don't have a HOME field, you shouldn't be given a home game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...