Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Winners of all sectionals,regionals,semistate,state

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Haven’t followed Andrean since the beginning of the season, what’s the status on their quarterback?

The QB returned last week that went out against merrillville week 1  if I remember correctly on radio.. he split reps with his back up. And the coach said it will be a game by game or a situation by situation basis because the backup had earned his spot to compete too. Personally I think they switch it. And go back to the one who led them to state. 

On 10/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, Piratefan101 said:

So I took a crack at the whole tournament. Read it all. It’s long. I predicted all sectional, regionals,semistate,state champions! And yes merrillville takes it all!! Come debate with me 😂🤣

Here are your sectional winners!!

Sectional 6A winners

S1: favorite: crown point
S2: FW carroll
S3: HSE
S4: Carmel
S5: Ben davis
S6: cathedral
S7: Warren central
S8: center grove

Sectional 5A winners

S9: merrillville 
S10: Valpo
S11: Mishawaka
S12: FW north(or snider)
S13: Harrison (WL)
S14: whiteland
S15: bloom south
S16: castle

Sectional 4A winners

S17: new prairie (sorry Hobart)  
S18: Northwood 
S19: Columbia city
S20: Kokomo
S21: Indy Roncalli
S22: new pal
S23: east central
S24: Evansville reitz

3A sectional winners:

S25: Hanover central (sorry west laffyette) 
S26: Knox
S27: norwell
S28: chatard
S29: western boone
S30: Gibson southern
S31: lawrenceburg
S32: south-ridge 

2A sectional winners

S33: Andrean (sorry Laville) 
S34: Rochester 
S35: eastside
S36: Eastbrook 
S37: linton Stockton 
S38: heritage Christian 
S39: Triton central
S40: EVMD

1A sectional winners 

S41: north Judson
S42: park Tudor
S43: carroll
S44: Adams central 
S45: Sheridan 
S46: north Decauter 
S47: Indy Lutheran 
S48: tecumseh

6A regional winners

1: FW carrol (sorry crown point not really… )
2: Carmel (sorry HSE)
3. Cathedral (sorry Ben Davis)
4. Center grove

5A regional winners

1. Merrillville (sorry Valpo)
2. FW north (or snider)
3. Harrison(WL) (srry whiteland)
4. Bloom south

4A regional winners: 

1. Northwood
2.  Columbia city
3. Indy Roncalli (I am sticking with my upset)
4. East central

3A regional winners

1. Hanover central 
2. Indy chatard
3. Western boone 
4. Lawrenceburg

2A regional winners

1. Andrean
2. Eastside
3. Linton Stockton 
4. EVMD

1A regional winners 

1. North Judson 
2. Adams central
3. North Decauter 
4. Indy Lutheran 

Semistate winners

6A Carmel, cathedral

5A: merrillville, harrison WL

4A: Northwood, Roncalli 

3A: Indy chatard, Lawrenceburg

2A Andrean EVMD

1A: Adams central, Indy Lutheran

STATE CHAMPS:

6A cathedral 

5A: merrillville 

4A: Indy Roncalli 

3A: Indy chatard 

2A Andrean

1A Indy Lutheran

Ok, I'll bite.

You have Andrean winning Class 2A state.

John Harrell's site has LaVille having the best chance to win Class 2A.

Curious . . .  Do you have LaVille beating Whiting and even getting to the rematch with Andrean?

I see that Whiting is 5-4 that includes a forfeit victory.

Does Whiting have a defensive scheme that would slow down LaVille?

And, do they have an offense that can outscore LaVille?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Ok, I'll bite.

You have Andrean winning Class 2A state.

John Harrell's site has LaVille having the best chance to win Class 2A.

Curious . . .  Do you have LaVille beating Whiting and even getting to the rematch with Andrean?

I see that Whiting is 5-4 that includes a forfeit victory.

Does Whiting have a defensive scheme that would slow down LaVille?

And, do they have an offense that can outscore LaVille?

from_the_sidelines007

Laville will walk through whiting. But Laville hasn’t played anyone that has a guy near the talent of Notre dame commit drake Bowen. He is a man playing with boys! Takes a team to take him down: and if you zone in on him there WRs will torch you. 

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Laville will walk through whiting. But Laville hasn’t played anyone that has a guy near the talent of Notre dame commit drake Bowen. He is a man playing with boys! Takes a team to take him down: and if you zone in on him there WRs will torch you. 

Wow!

You make it sound like Bowen is the next coming of Indiana Player of the Year.

I'd venture to say that both Andrean and LaVille would relish the opportunity to play good competition.

I, myself, would like to see a rematch of Andrean and LaVille.

IMHO I think Andrean and LaVille on the same side of the sectional bracket is a shame.

I also know that LaVille believes it has to take care of business against Whiting before they can think about Andrean and this "man playing with boys!"

This, sir, is why we play the games.

best of luck to everyone in the state tournament,

from_the_sidelines007

5 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

The QB returned last week that went out against merrillville week 1  if I remember correctly on radio.. he split reps with his back up. And the coach said it will be a game by game or a situation by situation basis because the backup had earned his spot to compete too. Personally I think they switch it. And go back to the one who led them to state. 

I didn't see the game but from checking MaxPreps I'm not sure this is accurate unless all Ballentine did was hand the ball off as they didn't record him throwing a pass. Also didn't see Skinner say anything in the Times or Tribune about the situation. 

For what it's worth, here's Henry's stats so far this season: 140/194 (72.2%), 1469 yards, 18 TD - 2 INT, 120.4 QBR. 

15 hours ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Harrison escaped Plainfield at home while Whiteland went into Plainfield's senior night and kicked ass.

This is true, but Whiteland also lost to Martinsville. Martinsville lost to both Plainfield and Decatur Central, who are not good. I watched the Martinsville and Decatur Central game this year and honestly both teams were super underwhelming. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that Martinsville somehow beat Whiteland by multiple scores.

Though I must say Whiteland’s win over Lawrence North is more impressive than Harrison’s best win which was at Jeff.

15 hours ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Harrison escaped Plainfield at home while Whiteland went into Plainfield's senior night and kicked ass.

Fair enough.  I think early in the season, Harrison looked more like a team that was trying to figure out the gear shift on a U-Haul rental truck.  Since those first couple of games, they've seemed to have figured things out ... although they are still prone to putting the ball on the turf at inopportune times.  Getting that resolved will tighten things up a bit more.

21 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

This is true, but Whiteland also lost to Martinsville. Martinsville lost to both Plainfield and Decatur Central, who are not good. I watched the Martinsville and Decatur Central game this year and honestly both teams were super underwhelming. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that Martinsville somehow beat Whiteland by multiple scores.

Though I must say Whiteland’s win over Lawrence North is more impressive than Harrison’s best win which was at Jeff.

Thanks for the insights.  I see in that LN game, it looked like LN's QB had four picks thrown.  Is that because of Whiteland's coverage/secondary or bad passing decisions on the part of LN's QB?

21 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Fair enough.  I think early in the season, Harrison looked more like a team that was trying to figure out the gear shift on a U-Haul rental truck.  Since those first couple of games, they've seemed to have figured things out ... although they are still prone to putting the ball on the turf at inopportune times.  Getting that resolved will tighten things up a bit more.

Thanks for the insights.  I see in that LN game, it looked like LN's QB had four picks thrown.  Is that because of Whiteland's coverage/secondary or bad passing decisions on the part of LN's QB?

Unfortunately I did not catch that game, so I am not able to answer that. While LN has been up and down all year, a dominant win over Warren and a close loss to BD tells me they are an above average team.

6 hours ago, scarab527 said:

I didn't see the game but from checking MaxPreps I'm not sure this is accurate unless all Ballentine did was hand the ball off as they didn't record him throwing a pass. Also didn't see Skinner say anything in the Times or Tribune about the situation. 

For what it's worth, here's Henry's stats so far this season: 140/194 (72.2%), 1469 yards, 18 TD - 2 INT, 120.4 QBR. 

I heard lake shore game night radio say he got in the game and split reps. But idk what he did I just know he got in. 

7 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Wow!

You make it sound like Bowen is the next coming of Indiana Player of the Year.

I'd venture to say that both Andrean and LaVille would relish the opportunity to play good competition.

I, myself, would like to see a rematch of Andrean and LaVille.

IMHO I think Andrean and LaVille on the same side of the sectional bracket is a shame.

I also know that LaVille believes it has to take care of business against Whiting before they can think about Andrean and this "man playing with boys!"

This, sir, is why we play the games.

best of luck to everyone in the state tournament,

from_the_sidelines007

And tbh I think Bowen beginning of year was your mr.football. But idk now. But he definitely is the best football player in indiana 

55 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

I heard lake shore game night radio say he got in the game and split reps. But idk what he did I just know he got in. 

And tbh I think Bowen beginning of year was your mr.football. But idk now. But he definitely is the best football player in indiana 

Luke Hansen in a landslide.

18 hours ago, Bears62 said:

Martinsville's homecoming may have played a part. Whiteland wins that game 8 or 9 times out of ten.