Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 6A Bracket Analysis

30 minutes ago, temptation said:

Damn, I thought taking them to the semi-state was giving them respect.

Noted.

1.  How can you claim it’s central Indiana bias when the results on the field over the last two decades speaks for itself?

2.  What evidence do you have that central Indiana 6A football is down? No dominant team but deeper than its ever been.

3.  Respect is earned and Merrillville’s performances over the last couple of years in the tournament have made it a steep hill for Crown Point.  

People are tired of hearing about it, they want to see it 

Crown point is majorly OVERRATTED in my opinion. They will get out there sectional. Even though LJ will give them a game. Crown point is terrible against speed. And they only win games because of there big line. Once they out of there sectional they face teams with same size and they are in for a rude awakening I got them falling in regionals to Penn or carroll. And cathedral will win state 

1 minute ago, MW1971 said:

One can be both biased and truthful.  You've proven that with your rankings throughout the season.

6A may be deeper this year but clearly it is down with no dominant teams and fewer high end athletes.

Merrillville's past failing have nothing to do with Crown Point's current and future success.  One Region Hillbilly's opinions and posturing are not an accurate reflection on the area as a whole. 

Crown points team this year Couldnt beat any of the last 4 merrillville teams they got away with a win this year too. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MW1971 said:

One can be both biased and truthful.  You've proven that with your rankings throughout the season.

Clearly, you expect them to go down at semistate.  Thats certainly your prerogative.

6A may be deeper this year but clearly it is down with no dominant teams and fewer high end athletes.

Merrillville's past failing have nothing to do with Crown Point's current and future success.  One Region Hillbilly's opinions and posturing are not an accurate reflection on the area as a whole. 

It's good to see a passionate fan base out of the northwest. Keep it up. But I don't recall anyone comparing Crown Point to Merrillville. Coaching can take a program to a whole new level and CP is seeing that this year. I don't think you can blame anyone for thinking HSE, Carmel, Carroll, or Penn are capable of taking Crown Point down. Those are all good football programs. Crown Point will have their opportunity to prove the naysayers wrong. But right now everything is speculation. We're all looking forward to a very exciting 6A North this year. 

35 minutes ago, temptation said:

It’s not bias if it’s true.

Look, I absolutely detest the SEC and believe those teams are given the benefit of the doubt way too often but until the results on the field change you just have to expect it.

I'll give you an example of the typical Indy area fans bias . Penn loses to Cathedral by 14 this year. (Indy fan)Penn will never win another state title and can't compete . I thought the game was very competitive .  Center Grove loses to Cathedral by 11 .(Indy fan) I pick Center grove to avenge the loss and win state . Boy that 3 points really changes things . 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MW1971 said:

I dont think its a reach to say that CP has the best overall coaching staff in the state.  I truly do not believe that any other staff in Indiana could have accomplished what Buzea and his staff have in such a short time. 

You are spot on with your coaching statement.  I think CP will roll over anyone from the true North and will get a chance to show what theyve got against HSE or Carmel in the semistate.  That is the game that I most look forward to.  A trip to LOS would be icing on the cake

Both of your comments in bold are speculation. I think there are 10-20 programs that could claim "best coaching in state." There's just no way to tell for sure. I agree that Crown Point is capable of beating anyone in the north. But I'd bet a large amount of money that they wouldn't "roll" Carroll, Snider, or Penn. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I'll give you an example of the typical Indy area fans bias . Penn loses to Cathedral by 14 this year. (Indy fan)Penn will never win another state title and can't compete . I thought the game was very competitive .  Center Grove loses to Cathedral by 11 .(Indy fan) I pick Center grove to avenge the loss and win state . Boy that 3 points really changes things . 

Center Grove was up 16 with 6 minutes left in the game, with the ball, on Cathedral's 1 yard line.

As fan of Cathedral who has played both Penn and Center Grove this year, I would want to play Penn 100 times over before I'd want to play Center Grove again.

Just me though. 

7 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

You've got a point there. Now we just need Penn to step up this year and take state............or at least make a good impression at Lucas. Indy has dominated 6A since it's inception with the exception of Penn's near win over Center Grove in 2015. Temp pisses me off when he says "show me." But he's right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MW1971 said:

Central Indiana 6A football is down this year and without a dominant team like it has had in the past.  Crown Point's timing is perfect.

Agree there is no dominant 6A team in Central Indiana this year, and I guess in theory that bodes well (better) for a team like Crown Point as opposed to years past.

That being said Cathedral, Center Grove, Brownsburg, HSE, Carmel etc are still far and away better teams than anything Crown Point has seen this year. Whether or not that makes a difference, no clue.

25 minutes ago, BTF said:

It's good to see a passionate fan base out of the northwest. Keep it up. But I don't recall anyone comparing Crown Point to Merrillville. Coaching can take a program to a whole new level and CP is seeing that this year. I don't think you can blame anyone for thinking HSE, Carmel, Carroll, or Penn are capable of taking Crown Point down. Those are all good football programs. Crown Point will have their opportunity to prove the naysayers wrong. But right now everything is speculation. We're all looking forward to a very exciting 6A North this year. 

I may have compared them simply from a DAC vs central Indy POV.

And I truly hope that the Merrillville  representation on this board and Facebook is not representative of their entire fanbase/culture but I’m hearing rumors it is.

I have a feeling if Crown Point makes a run down to Lucas Oil they will get region support that Merriville would not have gotten due to unsubstantiated arrogance.

14 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

That didn’t come from me. I thought Penn showed very well that night that they are on their way back and belong in the conversation.

• Like 1

The 'Indy bias' is justified seeing the dominance Indy has had over the largest classes for the past 20 years. Teams from outside the donut will need to win multiple state titles in order to shake that off, one won't be enough (nor should it be considering said Indy dominance). 

I do think this CP team is pretty good, as do I think Carroll is good. 

Are either good enough to beat whatever Indy team they play in the semistate? I'm not sure. I think some of us thought Merrillville was good enough last year and we saw how that turned out.

I will say in regards to CP that I think they're better equipped to deal with a team from down there than Merrillville has been the past 3 years mainly do to their line play, discipline, and the expertise of their coaching staff. 

Good thing the tournament is starting soon and all of this speculation and posturing will be put to rest. 

35 minutes ago, BTF said:

MW1971 has all the makings of another Cody burner account…

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

You've got a point there. Now we just need Penn to step up this year and take state............or at least make a good impression at Lucas. Indy has dominated 6A since it's inception with the exception of Penn's near win over Center Grove in 2015. Temp pisses me off when he says "show me." But he's right. 

Everyone always says Indy has dominated . Not True . There are a hand full of teams in the greater Indy metro area that are good every year .The other 100 Indy area schools get their butt kicked year in and year out , but you rarely hear anything about those losses . It's only when a team from the north loses that you hear the bias .  If your referring to the State Title game , then yes a team in the Indy metro area has dominated. 

Just now, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Everyone always says Indy has dominated . Not True . There are a hand full of teams in the greater Indy metro area that are good every year .The other 100 Indy area schools get their butt kicked year in and year out , but you rarely hear anything about those losses . It's only when a team from the north loses that you hear the bias .  If your referring to the State Title game , then yes a team in the Indy metro area has dominated. 

Of course that’s what he’s talking about.

Just now, temptation said:

MW1971 has all the makings of another Cody burner account…

Lol, I'll give him more credit than Piratefan. I like his passion, but he's just speculating right now. We need to see how the tournament plays out. 

2 minutes ago, MW1971 said:

The Crown Point community is a magnet destination for people in Northwest Indiana and for those relocating from out of state.  The city is full of residents who used to live in Highland, Munster, Griffith, Schererville, Lowell, Hobart, etc. 

Merrillville is a closed community and no one moves there if they have other options.

CP will have loads of support if they make it downstate, just like they had in girls basketball and softball, and wrestling. 

Future looks bright, I'll give you that. 

5 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Indy has 15 mega schools. Seven of those are going to have "up" seasons. Three of them are going to have "great" seasons. An "up" year + mega enrollment = good luck to the rest of the state. 

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, I'll give him more credit than Piratefan. I like his passion, but he's just speculating right now. We need to see how the tournament plays out. 

Future looks bright, I'll give you that. 

6 posts and posts 1 minute apart from “PirateFan”?

Come on…

13 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

cathedral vs carmel sounds like a money maker to me

Center Grove In the past has brought the largest crowd and definitely would bring a lager crowed then Cathedral and I think Hamilton Southeastern would bring more than Carmel.

So, I think Center Grove (Going for three in a row) vs Hamilton Southeastern (Undefeated) would bring in the largest crowd.

2 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

Center Grove In the past has brought the largest crowd and definitely would bring a lager crowed then Cathedral and I think Hamilton Southeastern would bring more than Carmel.

So, I think Center Grove (Going for three in a row) vs Hamilton Southeastern (Undefeated) would bring in the largest crowd.

Not Penn or Crown Point?

3 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

The Mudsock crowd (Fishers vs HSE) was insane.

46 minutes ago, BTF said:

Most years. Otherwise, great post.

The last time a team from outside the Donut won the title in the highest class was Penn in 2000. While the North has produced good teams in that time span, let's not kid ourselves here. 

Another example of Indy Bias . Below are some bad losses that Fishers High School took in the last 5 years . 

50-7

41-13

43-0

31-7

33-0

42-17

42-14

42-13

39-21

34-0

Have you ever heard anyone from the Indy area say Fishers will never win another title or that Fishers can't compete with the Indy big boys?

10 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Another example of Indy Bias . Below are some bad losses that Fishers High School took in the last 5 years . 

50-7

41-13

43-0

31-7

33-0

42-17

42-14

42-13

39-21

34-0

Have you ever heard anyone from the Indy area say Fishers will never win another title or that Fishers can't compete with the Indy big boys?

What's Fishers record against Indy area schools? It works both ways. 

18 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What's Fishers record against Indy area schools? It works both ways. 

Exactly.  This actually makes the opposite point of the poster’s intention…especially considering I think those Fishers teams would hold their own, if not defeat most northern non-Indy schools.

I know @BTF is tired of hearing it but I will cite the winless Noblesville/undefeated Homestead game until I’m in the grave.

• Like 1