Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 3A Bracket Analysis

1 hour ago, Just a dad said:

@TheDoctor22 Sometimes taking the bait is the only way to break the fisherman’s line, steal his favorite bait and ruin his day. Why be a minnow when you can be a large  mouth?

Seems to me that the gap has narrowed for that mystery team that is lucky enough to “dominate a lower class”. I guess if a team isn’t smart enough to “maximize it’s advantages” it deserves what it gets. Just curious why GS didn’t make their 5star QB (a generational talent at this level for sure) play WR last year just to keep it fair? Oh, maybe because GS “maximized it’s advantages”. That seems really unfair. Maybe you should do the honorable thing and give last year's State Title to a more deserving “team”.  On second thought, the idea of not maximizing advantages within the framework of the rules just sounds dumb, doesn’t it? 

I know there is seriousness to this…but…if Brady Allen didn’t play QB he would have played basketball and would have been a top recruit there. Don’t think there was a chance he would have played WR.  

Coming in as a freshman, I believe he was a blue chip prospect for basketball but ultimately chose to focus on football.  Obviously it worked out well for him.  But imo, if he wasn’t playing QB, he would have played basketball.

53 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I know there is seriousness to this…but…if Brady Allen didn’t play QB he would have played basketball and would have been a top recruit there. Don’t think there was a chance he would have played WR.  

Coming in as a freshman, I believe he was a blue chip prospect for basketball but ultimately chose to focus on football.  Obviously it worked out well for him.  But imo, if he wasn’t playing QB, he would have played basketball.

Glad he chose football! He was a lot of fun to watch during GS's run last year.

How is he doing at Purdue? I know he's redshirting, but what's the QB room look like outside of the current starter? I always love seeing Indiana kids to have success at the next level.

1 hour ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Glad he chose football! He was a lot of fun to watch during GS's run last year.

How is he doing at Purdue? I know he's redshirting, but what's the QB room look like outside of the current starter? I always love seeing Indiana kids to have success at the next level.

It’s looking like he will be fighting for the starting spot with a kid named Michael Alaimo next year…I think Alaimo is a redshirt junior next year.  

i would have to believe that he is favored currently because next year will be year 4 for Alaimo and he hasn’t been on the field much at all the last 3 years despite the QB room having many opportunities to move up.  

That’s about as much as I know though.  Still has to go out there and earn the job…and then he has to keep the job.  I’m sure he’s up for that task though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Just a dad said:

@TheDoctor22 Sometimes taking the bait is the only way to break the fisherman’s line, steal his favorite bait and ruin his day. Why be a minnow when you can be a large  mouth?

Seems to me that the gap has narrowed for that mystery team that is lucky enough to “dominate a lower class”. I guess if a team isn’t smart enough to “maximize it’s advantages” it deserves what it gets. Just curious why GS didn’t make their 5star QB (a generational talent at this level for sure) play WR last year just to keep it fair? Oh, maybe because GS “maximized it’s advantages”. That seems really unfair. Maybe you should do the honorable thing and give last year's State Title to a more deserving “team”.  On second thought, the idea of not maximizing advantages within the framework of the rules just sounds dumb, doesn’t it? 

W

Thanks @Purdue Pete but that list doesn’t tell me much. Much like the one I attached It’s a list of teams in order according to an algorithm. All of the algo’s are different (some, like yours, omit out of state opponents). So I am going to assume you believe that Lawrenceburg will beat Owen Valley and face Norwell at LOS/

4AEF502C-02AE-448B-88D6-EFD320FE4297.png

29 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

Thanks @Purdue Pete but that list doesn’t tell me much. Much like the one I attached It’s a list of teams in order according to an algorithm. All of the algo’s are different (some, like yours, omit out of state opponents). So I am going to assume you believe that Lawrenceburg will beat Owen Valley and face Norwell at LOS/

@Purdue Pete's is a lot easier to read.

2 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Get informed…. It answers ur question.  

3 hours ago, Just a dad said:

How many teams in the north play out of state? 1 Chatard.  Everyone on this site (except apparent u) knows chartad is favored to come out of the north.

I've been to many Bishop Chatard - Hamilton Heights playoff games over the years. They all happened to be at Chatard (meaning at Broad Ripple HS... or Manual HS... etc) prior to the opening of Alumni Field on campus.

This Friday was our first trip to Arcadia. What a cool stadium with the sunset in the backdrop at kickoff. (My first thought - what is this, the Rose Bowl??) Also - the fans, folks at the gate, and concession stand volunteers could not have been nicer. Just want to commend @gonzoronand any other HH supporters for being great hosts. Congrats on a great season. 3A is better when HH is good. The Huskies will be back!

Edited by Sledge
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are correct @Purdue Pete, I’m not originally from Indiana. Most of these high schools I’ve never heard of. Most of these cities I’ve also never heard of. As far as I know all or none of these teams could be from the other side of the bracket (I had no idea it was a north-south thing).  Also, I have no clue (nor the time nor inclination to determine) as to which teams play out of state opponents. I assumed that it might be common. I was just hoping to spur some interesting chatter in a seemingly dead thread. Thanks for your help, though. 

West Lafayette was pretty impressive live in person vs Hanover Friday, when I took that game in.  They had 30 1st downs, 550 yards offense, their 4th string sophomore, RB popped for 41 CARRIES!!!  Very Non traditional WL offensive attack, but that WIND was significant in Lake county Friday night.  QB was very good, I think 12-13 for 130 or so, more yards on the ground.  They almost punched one in before half, settled for FG, made 23-14 at half, Hanover started out hot and forced penalties and deep punt, got great field position and capitalized, back and forth 1st and then 2nd half WL just wore on them and pulled away.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

West Lafayette was pretty impressive live in person vs Hanover Friday, when I took that game in.  They had 30 1st downs, 550 yards offense, their 4th string sophomore, RB popped for 41 CARRIES!!!  Very Non traditional WL offensive attack, but that WIND was significant in Lake county Friday night.  QB was very good, I think 12-13 for 130 or so, more yards on the ground.  They almost punched one in before half, settled for FG, made 23-14 at half, Hanover started out hot and forced penalties and deep punt, got great field position and capitalized, back and forth 1st and then 2nd half WL just wore on them and pulled away.   

HC will be back. Next year they move to the NCC. Playing the likes of Andrean, Hobart & Lowell is much better preparation for a team like West Lafayette than playing Lake Station, River Forest and Boone Grove.

14 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I’m picking them the rest of the season 

21 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Was anyone at the Yorktown game? It looked like it had a wild finish. 

Wasn't there.  But I can't figure out how a 21-0 start finished in a 42-41 loss?   (Watched it on SummitCitySports.com

Yes, Norwell went for the win (with a 2 pt. conversion) at the end.  But IMO, Norwell should have won this contest in convincing fashion with that sort of lead ..at HOME!

Congratulations to the Tigers, and good luck to them as the playoffs continue! Yorktown beat "the Man" and deserve all the kudos that go along with that.  

14 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

I'd like to c the River Rats get the monkey off their back.... don't think they've ever beat Chatard... could... jus don't think it's this yr....... 

They'd be in good company with a lot of other teams.

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

They'd be in good company with a lot of other teams.

They've been beat around 22 times since the all in??  Winning what?...like 13??  Not sure how many different teams did it.... Northwood holding the distinction of winning the title against em..... yeah... b nice to c WL add their name to that list.... 

• Like 1