Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 2A Bracket Analysis

Quite possibly the most wide open class in my opinion.  No clear favorite here and would not be surprised if any of a half dozen teams were in Indy.

The Favorites:  (Sorted alphabetically.)

Andrean - The 59ers have the most talented player in the class, and possibly the state.  Obviously battle tested as they have played Merrillville, Crown Point and Hobart, not to mention an out of state win against Crete-Monee (IL).  Health questions at the QB position are their only question mark.  Can Bowen put his team on his back a la Jaylon Smith from Luers?

Eastside - This team has become fun to keep an eye on since their shocking regional upset of a great Luers squad in 2021.  They'll likely get Luers again but I don't expect much resistance.  Will be heavily favored should they reach the regional round also.

Evansville Mater Dei - Another battle tested squad as there are few weeks off in the SIAC.  Playing larger schools all season does not do much for the win/loss record but it does do wonders from a confidence and experience standpoint.  No coincidence Mater Dei is always in the conversation in late November.

Linton-Stockton - Last week's win over South Putnam was eye opening as the Miners' schedule is always a topic of conversation.  They put it on a good Eagles squad that has some nice wins on its resume which gives me confidence they will be ready in November.

Scecina - Only loss on the schedule is to 1A state title favorite Lutheran.  Head coach has seen more football than all forum users combined, lol.  He will have them ready.  Potential rematch of a 1 point game against Triton Central potentially in the sectional title game could be a classic.

Triton Central - These guys are also worth keeping an eye on.  They too lost to Lutheran and narrowly lost to the Scecina team mentioned above.  They will likely get a shot to avenge the aforementioned loss and possibly on their homefield if the bracket falls how I'd expect.

The Contenders:

Laville - Not much on the resume here in terms of impressive wins but going undefeated is not easy, no matter who you are.  Always gonna get everyone's best shot.

Temp's Picks:

Sectional Champs:

Andrean

Lafayette Central Catholic

Eastside

Eastbrook

Linton-Sockton

Heritage Christian

Triton Central 

Evansville Mater Dei

Regional Champs:

Andrean

Eastside

Linton-Stockton

Triton Central

Semi-State Champs:

Eastside

Linton-Stockton

State Champions:  Linton-Stockton

Edited by temptation

I feel like it’s gotta be linton this year….just so dominant….even against a very good Boonville squad they were all over the place finding ways to score and pulled out the win over the 4A boon. 

now…this is going to ruffle a lot of feathers among my SIAC frenemies….but Mater Dei has a tough round 1 opponent imo who could pull off the upset.  Perry Central doesn’t really play anyone too tough and certainly MD has played a MUCH harder schedule….but Perry Central is 8-1 still with their one loss being to 9-0 Tecumseh. 

PC vs MD probably the sectional final matchup all things considered but they face round 1.  MD certainly can’t overlook them in the slightest. 

will PC win? Ehhh 35/65 chance imo…but certainly a game to watch 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

PC vs MD probably the sectional final matchup all things considered but they face round 1.

Not to be disrespectful to PC but I think the right two teams have an opportunity to meet in the finals and I believe MD wins this week by 3 or 4 scores. On paper PC and NP would be a very good game, believe Sagarin has NP a little higher. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I feel like it’s gotta be linton this year….just so dominant….even against a very good Boonville squad they were all over the place finding ways to score and pulled out the win over the 4A boon. 

now…this is going to ruffle a lot of feathers among my SIAC frenemies….but Mater Dei has a tough round 1 opponent imo who could pull off the upset.  Perry Central doesn’t really play anyone too tough and certainly MD has played a MUCH harder schedule….but Perry Central is 8-1 still with their one loss being to 9-0 Tecumseh. 

PC vs MD probably the sectional final matchup all things considered but they face round 1.  MD certainly can’t overlook them in the slightest. 

MD hasn't lost in a 2A Sectional game to anyone except Southridge since uh, I think ever. Perry Central lost by 3 scores to 1A Tecumseh. This game has running clock written all over it. At least the home team will finally get a W at Central Stadium though...  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Not to be disrespectful to PC but I think the right two teams have an opportunity to meet in the finals and I believe MD wins this week by 3 or 4 scores. On paper PC and NP would be a very good game, believe Sagarin has NP a little higher. 

The Vikings could easily be better than PC, I just gave PC the nod because they are 8-1…but NP is 7-2 with losses only to linton and Southridge I believe.  

im bound to stir the pot a bit if MD and NP play each other lol 

Just now, tango said:

MD hasn't lost in a 2A Sectional game to anyone except Southridge since uh, I think ever. Perry Central lost by 3 scores to 1A Tecumseh. This game has running clock written all over it. At least the home team will finally get a W at Central Stadium though...  

yeah yeah yeah I get it.

im still not picking a stinky SIAC team.  I’m here to burn bridges 😘

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Close, Tell City has beat them 4 times but its been a long time since that happened.

IMO, Tell City actually game MD their "closest" game in their run to 2000 State Championship. 

I think MD eventually pulled away by a decent amount but the game never felt safe until late in 4th quarter. 

4 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think you're going to find yourself and your opinion very wrong when Friday night ends. 

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Quite possibly the most wide open class in my opinion.  No clear favorite here and would not be surprised if any of a half dozen teams were in Indy.

The Favorites:  (Sorted alphabetically.)

Andrean - The 59ers have the most talented player in the class, and possibly the state.  Obviously battle tested as they have played Merrillville, Crown Point and Hobart, not to mention an out of state win against Crete-Monee (IL).  Health questions at the QB position are their only question mark.  Can Bowen put his team on his back a la Jaylon Smith from Luers?

Eastside - This team has become fun to keep an eye on since their shocking regional upset of a great Luers squad in 2021.  They'll likely get Luers again but I don't expect much resistance.  Will be heavily favored should they reach the regional round also.

Evansville Mater Dei - Another battle tested squad as there are few weeks off in the SIAC.  Playing larger schools all season does not do much for the win/loss record but it does do wonders from a confidence and experience standpoint.  No coincidence Mater Dei is always in the conversation in late November.

Linton-Stockton - Last week's win over South Putnam was eye opening as the Miners' schedule is always a topic of conversation.  They put it on a good Eagles squad that has some nice wins on its resume which gives me confidence they will be ready in November.

Scecina - Only loss on the schedule is to 1A state title favorite Lutheran.  Head coach has seen more football than all forum users combined, lol.  He will have them ready.  Potential rematch of a 1 point game against Triton Central potentially in the sectional title game could be a classic.

Triton Central - These guys are also worth keeping an eye on.  They too lost to Lutheran and narrowly lost to the Scecina team mentioned above.  They will likely get a shot to avenge the aforementioned loss and possibly on their homefield if the bracket falls how I'd expect.

The Contenders:

Laville - Not much on the resume here in terms of impressive wins but going undefeated is not easy, no matter who you are.  Always gonna get everyone's best shot.

Temp's Picks:

Sectional Champs:

Andrean

Lafayette Central Catholic

Eastside

Eastbrook

Linton-Sockton

Heritage Christian

Triton Central 

Evansville Mater Dei

Regional Champs:

Andrean

Eastside

Linton-Stockton

Triton Central

Semi-State Champs:

Eastside

Linton-Stockton

State Champions:  Linton-Stockton

Not sure why nobody is giving Laville a chance to be honest. I definitely think more a favorite than contender. As far as impressive wins they did beat North Judson who is picked to go to Semi State vs Adams Central. Plus John Harrall has them as favorite to go to State Title game. But why we play the games! Good luck to everyone 

43 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I think you're going to find yourself and your opinion very wrong when Friday night ends. 

If I’m very wrong then Perry central blows MD out lol

i gave PC a 35% chance of pulling off the upset…saying MD has faced tougher competition…and saying PC is 8-1 and shouldn’t be overlooked

i guess they didn’t teach you at Mater Dei that just because you can read and sing the hymns doesn’t mean you actually understand them. 😬😬😬

19 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

If I’m very wrong then Perry central blows MD out lol

i gave PC a 35% chance of pulling off the upset…saying MD has faced tougher competition…and saying PC is 8-1 and shouldn’t be overlooked

i guess they didn’t teach you at Mater Dei that just because you can read and sing the hymns doesn’t mean you actually understand them. 😬😬😬

I think "could pull off the upset" insinuates a close game. Maybe we don't have the same understanding of the English language. Cats by a running clock in the 3rd. Maybe you should throw out a score prediction Nostradamus. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I think "could pull off the upset" insinuates a close game. Maybe we don't have the same understanding of the English language. Cats by a running clock in the 3rd. Maybe you should throw out a score prediction Nostradamus. 

It’s NostraDumfries thank you very much.

my prediction is with the SW Indiana Pickems.  I believe hh has Perry Central as a 24 point underdog…I think PC covers.

Again I give them about a 35% chance lol I don’t necessarily think they will beat MD….I just suggested that Perry Central shouldn’t be overlooked.

the real irony here is that MD fans are very much overlooking them…yall are so mad that I gave a team a 35% chance to beat Mater Dei.  

alright alright…since MD is 6-3 I’ll give them a 66% chance of winning.  PC will now be lower at 33%.  The remaining 1% is that all of these seeding threads get read by the ihsaa and we suspend the tournament a week to seed everyone. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

2 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It’s NostraDumfries thank you very much.

my prediction is with the SW Indiana Pickems.  I believe hh has Perry Central as a 24 point underdog…I think PC covers.

Again I give them about a 35% chance lol I don’t necessarily think they will beat MD….I just suggested that Perry Central shouldn’t be overlooked.

the real irony here is that MD fans are very much overlooking them…yall are so mad that I gave a team a 35% chance to beat Mater Dei.  

alright alright…since MD is 6-3 I’ll give them a 66% chance of winning.  PC will now be lower at 33%.  The remaining 1% is that all of these seeding threads get read by the ihsaa and we suspend the tournament a week to seed everyone. 

Thank you for your concession. We can be friends now. Good luck to the Titans. Hope you make it back to LOS. 

1 minute ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Thank you for your concession. We can be friends now. Good luck to the Titans. Hope you make it back to LOS. 

I just hope they beat Vincennes.  I’ve been poking the SIAC all year…if Vincennes wins it’s going to be a long 9 months back to august on here for me lol

3 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Luers is a contender imo. I could easily see them getting to at least semi-state. 

Eastside is a thorn in Luers side, so getting out of sectionals will be a chore.  But I'm looking forward to seeing how the Knights do against schools their size for a change. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I just hope they beat Vincennes.  I’ve been poking the SIAC all year…if Vincennes wins it’s going to be a long 9 months back to august on here for me lol

If the scuttlebutt is true, then VL has about as much of a chance of beating GS on Friday as PC does beating MD.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tango said:

If the scuttlebutt is true, then VL has about as much of a chance of beating GS on Friday as PC does beating MD.

I mean…I think it’s fair.  They have played a lot of teams close.  Might have had 2/3 games where they were within a TD midway through the 4th.  Certainly feel like they are a better team than the 4-5 record indicates.  But that’s 3A and this is 2A talk. 

if PC can’t beat MD then I’m rooting for North Posey…if North Posey can’t then I’m back to Linton doing it in semi state…if linton can’t do it then MD is taking home the big trophy on thanksgiving weekend 

(I’m probably forgetting another team worth mentioning so if you are a fan of said team…don’t come after me) 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA