Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 2A Bracket Analysis

On 10/19/2022 at 4:46 PM, mumm6866 said:

Not sure why nobody is giving Laville a chance to be honest. I definitely think more a favorite than contender. As far as impressive wins they did beat North Judson who is picked to go to Semi State vs Adams Central. Plus John Harrall has them as favorite to go to State Title game. But why we play the games! Good luck to everyone 

To be honest,  Andrean is the defending champion.  Yeah, yeah that was last year, but the champ is the champ.

Got to beat the champ to be the champ.

With that said, LaVille's strength of schedule does not have its meat and taters on it like some schools.

Andrean plays a beefier schedule, which gives them a few more nods that a team like LaVille, who for the most part plays a small-school schedule.

Bremen and Glenn are fine non-conference games.  Do they help make you better for a state tournament run?  Time will tell.

Andrean has Merrillville, Crown Point, and an Illinois schol to go with East Chicago, who I don't know anything about, as non-conference games.

That is what's catching the eye of those making predictions.

Now, I'm not saying that is right or wrong.  Just a notion that when you have a big-time recruit on your team and play with some of the big boys, you probably going to get the benefit of the doubt when in discussion.

Bottom line here is:

If LaVille wants respect, they have to go out and earn it for the next six weeks.

One week at a time, one game at a time.

Here's to the Lancers earning some gosh-darn respect!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1

Thout this b a better game than last yr as LaVille has improved, might still b....... But beating Andrean w a back up QB would b IMPRESSIVE....  id go as far to say that its rare as hens teeth for a small school to overcome that disaster .... jus don't think John Harrell got the memo..... 

7 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Thout this b a better game than last yr as LaVille has improved, might still b....... But beating Andrean w a back up QB would b IMPRESSIVE....  id go as far to say that its rare as hens teeth for a small school to overcome that disaster .... jus don't think John Harrell got the memo..... 

I think Harrell's percentages are based on numeric datapoints as opposed to more subjective items like whether there was an injury or not; even if those most likely have palpable impacts.  His site states, "Chances of winning each round, based on ratings, draw and home-field advantage."

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

I think Harrell's percentages are based on numeric datapoints as opposed to more subjective items like whether there was an injury or not; even if those most likely have palpable impacts.  His site states, "Chances of winning each round, based on ratings, draw and home-field advantage."

SAG makes its case... n I could even go along w how it ranks the other classes .. but 2A n 3A jus don't look right this yr..... which may jus mean they r more a toss up ... 🤔 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 5:47 PM, BTF said:

Eastside is a thorn in Luers side, so getting out of sectionals will be a chore.  But I'm looking forward to seeing how the Knights do against schools their size for a change. 

I'm with you on that one. Been playing up one to four classifications most all season.

I think they're better than their record, and maybe underrated here.

On 10/22/2022 at 8:34 PM, BendNotBreak said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m thinking Andrean is without their starting quarterback too. It will be interesting when and if he returns. He is very very good! Regardless, I think a big question going into the Andrean vs LaVille game is can LaVille defend Andrean’s potent passing game? Especially if it is a nice weather night. 

50 minutes ago, Spock said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m thinking Andrean is without their starting quarterback too. It will be interesting when and if he returns. He is very very good! Regardless, I think a big question going into the Andrean vs LaVille game is can LaVille defend Andrean’s potent passing game? Especially if it is a nice weather night. 

The 59er qb is a Sr who became the starter in the 1st q of the 1st game.....

9 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

I'm with you on that one. Been playing up one to four classifications most all season.

I think they're better than their record, and maybe underrated here.

Luers is ALWAYS better than their record.  Betting they definitely have revenge on their minds after last year...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BTF said:

Eastside comes from an area of the state that is rarely talked about in terms of football. They have a chip on their shoulder. If Luers couldn't beat them last year, they won't beat them this year.

Well said!

There is some intangible value to playing a style focused on physicality and controlling the LOS instead of finesse. The talent in Allen county is underrated on an entire state perspective, and I think the same could be said about the surrounding area in NE Indiana, albeit for a different type of appreciation.

On 10/24/2022 at 8:37 AM, temptation said:

Luers is ALWAYS better than their record.  Betting they definitely have revenge on their minds after last year...

I agree that Luers is generally better than their record shows due to playing in the SAC, but Luers won a share of the SAC last year and still lost to Eastside on their own field. IF Luers makes it past Busco (which I believe they will, but it's not a guarantee against Sade's crew), they'll have their hands full against the Blazers at Eastside. I'm not saying Luers can't beat Eastside, but we can't assume Luers is better than Eastside because they play in the SAC. Eastside would have the same, if not better, record as Luers has this year if they played the same schedule.

37 minutes ago, Bunch Right Red Money said:

Well said!

There is some intangible value to playing a style focused on physicality and controlling the LOS instead of finesse. The talent in Allen county is underrated on an entire state perspective, and I think the same could be said about the surrounding area in NE Indiana, albeit for a different type of appreciation.

That style seems to be effective against Luers. 

15 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I agree that Luers is generally better than their record shows due to playing in the SAC, but Luers won a share of the SAC last year and still lost to Eastside on their own field. IF Luers makes it past Busco (which I believe they will, but it's not a guarantee against Sade's crew), they'll have their hands full against the Blazers at Eastside. I'm not saying Luers can't beat Eastside, but we can't assume Luers is better than Eastside because they play in the SAC. Eastside would have the same, if not better, record as Luers has this year if they played the same schedule.

I think Luers thought the 2A path to Lucas would be easy after disposing of Carroll, Homestead, and Dwenger. Whereas I still maintain that last year was an upset (both teams were Top 3 though), this year would not be considered so. The Knights can beat Eastside, but the Blazers in my opinion are the favorite. 

I'd love to see Southmont give Linton a run for their money this Friday.  I've seen South play a handful of times this year and they have the pieces for post-season success but I've always heard about these good Linton teams and it sounds like this is one that makes the old teams proud. Strength of schedule is going to balance these teams out and I think we'll be seeing a close one...

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 10:43 AM, FlyingHigh said:

Eastside controlled the ball/clock/game so well last year and Luers still had a chance.  Eastside and Luers lost a lot.  It could be the same way this year.  Coach Mason is a genius against Luers.  I think Churubusco has ZERO chance of beating either.  

Edited by Robert

On 10/25/2022 at 11:01 AM, BTF said:

I think Luers thought the 2A path to Lucas would be easy after disposing of Carroll, Homestead, and Dwenger. Whereas I still maintain that last year was an upset (both teams were Top 3 though), this year would not be considered so. The Knights can beat Eastside, but the Blazers in my opinion are the favorite. 

I see it the other way. That was Eastside’s best team ever, they controlled the whole game yet Luers was still right there at the end of the game. I don’t think Eastside is even close to what they were last year and they lost a lot more players than Luers did. If Luers beats Busco, I think Luers beats Eastside next week…

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I see it the other way. That was Eastside’s best team ever, they controlled the whole game yet Luers was still right there at the end of the game. I don’t think Eastside is even close to what they were last year and they lost a lot more players than Luers did. If Luers beats Busco, I think Luers beats Eastside next week…

Have you watched Eastside at all this year? I don't think they're as far from 2021 as you think. Obviously they don't have Laban Davis, but they are just as physical. Their loss against West Noble is an issue, but Dax Holman didn't play and I believe they had another 2-3 year starter out that game. Holman is a beast on both sides of the ball.

I'd argue, though, that Bishop Luers took a bigger step back from last year's version of themselves than Eastside did. Luers won 4 games in the SAC, which I understand is difficult to do for a 2A school, but they won 8 SAC games in 2021. That's a big step back.

38 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Have you watched Eastside at all this year? I don't think they're as far from 2021 as you think. Obviously they don't have Laban Davis, but they are just as physical. Their loss against West Noble is an issue, but Dax Holman didn't play and I believe they had another 2-3 year starter out that game. Holman is a beast on both sides of the ball.

I'd argue, though, that Bishop Luers took a bigger step back from last year's version of themselves than Eastside did. Luers won 4 games in the SAC, which I understand is difficult to do for a 2A school, but they won 8 SAC games in 2021. That's a big step back.

Yes, I have watched a couple Eastside games this year and they are not near as good as last year, especially offensively. As for Luers, the SAC is way better this year and Luers winning 4-5 games when the SAC is good is normal. It is just my opinion, like always, it will be proven on the field…