Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 2A Bracket Analysis

2 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Have you watched Eastside at all this year? I don't think they're as far from 2021 as you think. Obviously they don't have Laban Davis, but they are just as physical. Their loss against West Noble is an issue, but Dax Holman didn't play and I believe they had another 2-3 year starter out that game. Holman is a beast on both sides of the ball.

I'd argue, though, that Bishop Luers took a bigger step back from last year's version of themselves than Eastside did. Luers won 4 games in the SAC, which I understand is difficult to do for a 2A school, but they won 8 SAC games in 2021. That's a big step back.

maybe they didnt take as big a step backwards as the other teams took a step forward !

On 10/27/2022 at 9:34 AM, vanhalenfor6 said:

I'd love to see Southmont give Linton a run for their money this Friday.  I've seen South play a handful of times this year and they have the pieces for post-season success but I've always heard about these good Linton teams and it sounds like this is one that makes the old teams proud. Strength of schedule is going to balance these teams out and I think we'll be seeing a close one...

I don't think this will be close at all. Southmont is very good, but Linton is pretty much dominant - I am going with 48-28 Linton

39 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

1.5hrs away in the same sectional. Still strange how they drew up 2A in the south. 

Agreed, MD and Linton played in the sectional semis last year, now won't meet until SS (assuming both make it that far).  MD played scecina in SS last year and could play them in the regional this year.  Makes no sense to me.

2 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Agreed, MD and Linton played in the sectional semis last year, now won't meet until SS (assuming both make it that far).  MD played scecina in SS last year and could play them in the regional this year.  Makes no sense to me.

Yep, stupid, stupid. 

Oh well. Good luck the rest of the way. 

Ok.... before Sec finals kick off.... I'm with Nowlins... Its always been Andrean vrs the field.... Lures has the best shot of knocking em off.... even if Eastside sticks it to Luers again....  The South... has 4 contenders battling it out to c who gets a trip to LOS n a Red Ring...... Madders Days who I find suspect as the SIAC seems down this yr.... Scecina n Triton duking it out to c who gets MD... n Liptons who was exposed by Southmont....  I don't c any of those having a better shot at Andrean than Luers dose.....  SAG is a lagging indicator and starting to come around...  jmho

15 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

I know.... 💩  can happen ... but still think it's Andreans to lose.....

this much I do know, they have had A LOT of injuries this year, not just to the QB, but many other positions, still nowhere near full strength, however, in 2a football, GIVE IT to #34, then do it again, again, again, again, and again.   But thats just me

30 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Ok.... before Sec finals kick off.... I'm with Nowlins... Its always been Andrean vrs the field.... Lures has the best shot of knocking em off.... even if Eastside sticks it to Luers again....  The South... has 4 contenders battling it out to c who gets a trip to LOS n a Red Ring...... Madders Days who I find suspect as the SIAC seems down this yr.... Scecina n Triton duking it out to c who gets MD... n Liptons who was exposed by Southmont....  I don't c any of those having a better shot at Andrean than Luers dose.....  SAG is a lagging indicator and starting to come around...  jmho

Doesn't LCC have a shot at beating Andrean if they play them?

3 minutes ago, Tippy said:

Doesn't LCC have a shot at beating Andrean if they play them?

it will be a fun game, playing Andrean last 2 years and LCC every year, I would say that they will mirror each other, size and speed goes to the 59ers, and again, having the best player in 2a, and arguably the state of Indiana resides on the 59er roster.   

Andreans' bugaboo continues to be WET SLOPPY fields at times.  Pioneer a few years ago, Lowell last 2 years and teams who are able to run right at them, typically because of #34 presence at LB, when teams go to throw, pressure comes VERY quickly, and their back end is very good, HOWEVER, LCC excels in their short passing attack and their check with me system and very good coaching can get them out of some good players to great plays on offense.   

This would be a game I could potentially want to check out, especially since it would be up here at 5959 Broadway, just a stone throw away from this guy.   Crown Point could be hosting Carroll (FW) same night too, oh the choices to be made

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

it will be a fun game, playing Andrean last 2 years and LCC every year, I would say that they will mirror each other, size and speed goes to the 59ers, and again, having the best player in 2a, and arguably the state of Indiana resides on the 59er roster.   

Andreans' bugaboo continues to be WET SLOPPY fields at times.  Pioneer a few years ago, Lowell last 2 years and teams who are able to run right at them, typically because of #34 presence at LB, when teams go to throw, pressure comes VERY quickly, and their back end is very good, HOWEVER, LCC excels in their short passing attack and their check with me system and very good coaching can get them out of some good players to great plays on offense.   

This would be a game I could potentially want to check out, especially since it would be up here at 5959 Broadway, just a stone throw away from this guy.   Crown Point could be hosting Carroll (FW) same night too, oh the choices to be made

Having officiated their Semi-State last year....  their "bug a boo" in that game was the Eastside focus of play calling.  

A wonderful game, but a tale of 2 halves.  Eastside ran the 1st..unsuccessfully.  Then focused on the passing game in the 2nd with a multitude of success.  

Having said all of that.  With Andrean winning the contest, trust me I was a "fan" that wished the very best for the 59ers at LOS.  Thankfully, they brought home the hardware. 

Different year in 2022.  Definitely a different road to LOS.  

I still will think that the teams in NE Indiana pose a very serious threat to Andrean....  but as some one said before....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Exposed? How so??