Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 2A Bracket Analysis

Im a little biased, but it definitely seems that are four teams in the south that could make the trip to LOS. Linton seems to be the favorite to make it there, but definitely have not played the schedule of the other 3 teams in TC, Scecina, and MD. The TC and Scecina game is definitely the one to keep eyes on this week. Interested to see who can make it up there this year from the south, these four teams seem to be very evenly matched for the most part.

12 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Sucking at somethin... is not a good indicator of a State Champ....mayb they can put a band-aid on it.... ???

OK, that sounds like a Hall of Fame coach quote. :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 5:15 AM, Ugminer said:

There pass defense sucks.

I'm not sure that the pass defense sucks, but, can say that it is highly questionable at times.  We do have several interceptions, and sacks.  Although, the plays that we get burned on, well.

23 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

As I said many weeks ago, it is very foolish to ever discount Luers, regardless of their record. They will roll Bluffton and then the tournament starts for them at semi-state

That's the thing...  2A teams like Luers, LCC, Mater Dei, Andrean....play much bigger teams and stronger schedules that the actual rural 2A schedules... so when it's time for post season... they are certainly the favorites.  I was surprise at the Triton Central win... but TC is always a tough out as well.   

On 11/3/2022 at 8:11 AM, 300Game said:

I'm not sure that the pass defense sucks, but, can say that it is highly questionable at times.  We do have several interceptions, and sacks.  Although, the plays that we get burned on, well.

I though the pass defense won the game for LInton.  Gave up a couple TD passes...but I think Arrow Folks and others (even me) thought Sullivan would have a field day passing....but it didn't pan out that way.  Linton with a big stat advantage and made the plays in a lot of adversity and calls that went against them.  Gutty effort again by Linton.  4 quarters to win too....  they drove the field when they had to, and made the defensive plays keeping Rowdy Adams in check the majority of the night.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

That's the thing...  2A teams like Luers, LCC, Mater Dei, Andrean....play much bigger teams and stronger schedules that the actual rural 2A schedules... so when it's time for post season... they are certainly the favorites.  I was surprise at the Triton Central win... but TC is always a tough out as well.   

you shouldn't have been surprised.  TC and Scecina played a 1 point game earlier this season.  It was a clear toss up.

'19 - TC 13 MD 7

'20 - MD 16 TC 6

'21 - MD 35 TC 7

Last year's game was cold and windy.  MD jumped on TC right off the bat and didn't let up.  How will this year's game go?  In '19, that game was a disaster from the start.  The unusually early start time certainly played a factor, but MD's defense couldn't get a stop and TC had the ball the entire 3rd quarter as they methodically went down and scored what ended up being the winning TD.  The '20 game seemed like MD controlled things the whole way, limiting TC to only 2 FG's.

SAG looks about right now as far as rating teams.... interesting that the recent rating strength vrs the predictive rating has fallen for most all but Luers... could it be indicative of who the State Champ will b?? Rough math looks like this.....

Andrean dropped 6pts...  Luers + 3pts ... Liptons - 8.5pts ..Madder Days - 13pts ....Triton flat ... Lcc dropped 3pts  

3 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

SAG looks about right now as far as rating teams.... interesting that the recent rating strength vrs the predictive rating has fallen for most all but Luers... could it be indicative of who the State Champ will b?? Rough math looks like this.....

Andrean dropped 6pts...  Luers + 3pts ... Liptons - 8.5pts ..Madder Days - 13pts ....Triton flat ... Lcc dropped 3pts  

I would assume that MD and Andrean both dropped based on the quality of opponents in their sectionals. I'm sure that is the issue with MD. We hit the running clock and call off the dogs. 

1 hour ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I would assume that MD and Andrean both dropped based on the quality of opponents in their sectionals. I'm sure that is the issue with MD. We hit the running clock and call off the dogs. 

Yeah... but Laville was highly rated so thout I was missing sometin.....

Bluffton @ Luers - Luers wins big. Running clock. 56-7 FWBL

LCC @ Andrean - Upset of the week. 28-24 Central Catholic

Mater Dei @ Triton Central - Like TC here. Think they control the LOS on both sides & force MD to be one dimensional.  24-14 TC

Lapel @ Linton - Lapel's better than their record. Finally healthy and playing their best football.  Power run game with Big O line & workhorse RB. Freshman gunslinger at QB.  Had they been healthy & played all season as they are now,  record would be 9-3, possibly 10-2. Can't ignore the 2.5hr+ bus ride however. Lapel keeps it close early, but if Linton gets up multiple scores I can see this one snowballing late.  42-14 Miners

Edited by hick

I'm gonna admit it.  I know little about the Lapel Bulldogs. I know they are always pretty good, and have a terrific senior RB in Tyler Dollar with his 2,108 yards rushing.  Considering Lapel as a team has 2,961 yards rushing it's clear that Dollar is their bread and butter.  I figure Craig must be a good athlete as well if he's starting at QB as a Freshman... was he there all year?  1,469 yards passing but what stands out is his 62% accuracy.  3 Bulldogs with over 20 catches each in Witte, Hudson and Jennings...   

Schedule wise obviously it's an indication that Lapel is playing their best right now... revenge wins over Eastern Hancock and then Heritage Christian.  Dollar with 251 on the ground last week.  HOnestly though, their regular season losses to those two teams were close.  Their other losses were to solid teams... 8-3 3A Hamilton Heights... and unbeaten 1A's North Decatur and Lutheran. Like Sullivan last week, 7-5 isnt an indication of the talent Lapel has on the field.  

I know Lapel has never won a regional so I'm sure they are hungry. Linton hasn't had much success at 2A, with last week's win being our 1st in 2A... I also know I am glad not to be travelling the 2+ hours to Lapel... I can't fathom how Lapel is in the southern regional... I don't mind of course....Mater Dei has been our demise so many times.  

I see some big boys on the Lapel roster...soph tackle Kinsinger 6'5 325, Prater at DT 6'2 320 and just 4 seniors starting on offense it's a relative young team.   DEfense is led by LB Bruin Wilson with 109 tackles 9 TFL... safety Lutz with 95 and 8.5 and DE Carpenter 72/12.

The Miners of course I know all about lol.   Gennicks at QB with 1,707 yards 29 TDs.... but add key roles from Voigtschild and Walters 400+ yards and Johns at RB with 712 and 12 TDs.  Hunter has about the same in passing as Craig at Lapel, 1,452 and both about the same attempts (gennicks 105-193, Craig 130-208)... LInton also with 3 recievers over 20 catches each (Webb, Walters and Oliver)

Linton has been led by freshman Russell Goodman at ILB, and junior Ashton White as of late at NT.  6'3 DE's Wrigley FRanklin and Paul Oliver (another freshman) having great seasons as well as Gennicks at safety a key role in Miner defense.  

• 2 weeks later...