Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern (10-0) at Owen Valley (10-0)

7 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

image.thumb.png.1c9b9f4d6d26c231bf0b199096387495.png

Game time is 7:00 CST 8:00 EST

image.png.fbf546de506c33f1bb13340caf275ce3.png

image.thumb.png.3876ca3681c61df12582061ef6bcf4ff.png

image.thumb.png.6dadc740618922c3b956ca337752c095.png

Sagarin:

Gibson Southern (71.93) is a 6.5-point favorite vs. Owen Valley (63.71) and has about a 62.03% chance of winning (1.82-point home-field advantage).

What is Massey drinking? Because I will have some of that please, because I think this will be a classic showdown 

25 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

What is Massey drinking? Because I will have some of that please, because I think this will be a classic showdown 

I will reserve my thoughts until I watch film, as the SIAC guys have told us over and over ..10-0 can be misleading.

Just looking at OVs stats on maxpreps….without knowing their scheme it genuinely looks like a GS offense….defense too? 

here are my impressions: 

efficient QB who doesn’t turn the ball over much and has only 4 INTs….while putting up good passing numbers of just under 1800 yards with like 25 TDs.

QB spreads the ball around but also can run the ball well and is the teams 2nd leading rusher 

sr rb who has put up big numbers and over 20 TDs.  Rbs get plenty of receiving work and do well with it.

Statistically the receiving stats are balanced with nobody far and away more productive.  

Defensively they get after it and have A LOT of TFL and plenty of sacks

They seem very similar on paper….I mean I could go through and say pretty much the exact same things about GS.

if OV runs an uptempo spread RPO….it might be a battle with the mirror for both teams 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

7 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

Hmm. Seems to be a lot of cocky in here. Now I understand the things I've heard about GS.

To be fair, GS won state last year, loss their schedule with large schools out of conference, went undefeated so far, etc.   the cockiness might be earned at this point. 

3 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

Hmm. Seems to be a lot of cocky in here. Now I understand the things I've heard about GS.

No idea why so many are dismissing OV.  GS is the favorite and I expect them to win, but wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots pull it out.  OV has a few head scratching games where they gave up points to skilled passing teams - Indian Creek, South Put, Sullivan. But they also won those games.

OV is physical and very good against the run.

Terre Haute South 48 Northview 37

OV 28 Northview 7

GS 35 Mount Vernon 7

OV 35 Mount Vernon 14 

I question the strength of OV's schedule.  Not that it has a huge bearing on this game but have they played anyone to be prepared for it?  Don't get me wrong it is anyone's game with GS having to go on the road (long bus ride).  But I believe that GS is more prepared for this game than OV.

IMHO 

• Haha 1

Much respect to the GS program and their well earned success, certainly not going to guarantee a loss or anything like that for them. 
But I will guarantee that you GS fans will leave impressed with OV and their team. They have some very talented players, are extremely well coached, and play their tails off. They would win at least 7 games on GS’s schedule thru 10 weeks.  

I expect this to be a great game, best of luck to both teams! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Titanbacker said:

I question the strength of OV's schedule.  Not that it has a huge bearing on this game but have they played anyone to be prepared for it?  Don't get me wrong it is anyone's game with GS having to go on the road (long bus ride).  But I believe that GS is more prepared for this game than OV.

IMHO 

I don't disagree about their schedule.  They've played some solid teams in conf & S Put was a decent small school team, but their noncon games I think reflect the sruggles OVs had prior to the last 2 seasons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hick said:

No idea why so many are dismissing OV.  GS is the favorite and I expect them to win, but wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots pull it out.  OV has a few head scratching games where they gave up points to skilled passing teams - Indian Creek, South Put, Sullivan. But they also won those games.

OV is physical and very good against the run.

Terre Haute South 48 Northview 37

OV 28 Northview 7

GS 35 Mount Vernon 7

OV 35 Mount Vernon 14 

It took OV four quarters to achieve that score vs MV.  I don’t have the MV offensive production (yet) but it was significant.  MV had negative yardage against GS in the first half and the GS starters were out after one possession in the third quarter.  MV ended with 117 total against our JV.  Number 1, 3 and 27 look like solid players.  Anything can happen in HS football, but I feel really good about this one.

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1