Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern (10-0) at Owen Valley (10-0)

15 minutes ago, WIC Guy 97 said:

What would be the final score in a hypothetical match up between 2021 Gibson Southern and 2022 Gibson Southern?

I would hate to speculate...but we can look at Calpreps.

neutral field
[2021] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 44, [2022] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 26

1 minute ago, EaglesFan1964 said:

Owen Valley was 1-9 just 3 years ago and 0-10 just 4 years ago. I think their current schedule is a reflection of what they were. I heard the new HC at OV Robbie Gibson has already told the administration that he wants Cloverdale and Eastern Green off the schedule and they honored it. He is trying to beef up the non-conference schedule.

That is an insane turnaround under Coach Gibson.  

and honestly…the more that we get into it on this thread…there are so many similarities between these programs….I kinda feel like OV is like the GS teams from 2013/2014….small program with new coach finding his groove…currently playing a lower SoS but wanting to change that and just keep challenging his players.  

outside of OV running a little bit of wishbone both teams run similar offenses.  

Speaking of schedules though…does anyone know about anything with Gibson Southerns schedule next year? 

i know Terre Haute South will be week 1 on their 2nd year of the contract.

Week 2 will now be Mt Carmel Illinois since the 2 year deal with New Albany expired

then there is week 4 with South Warren KY.  I thought that was a 2 year contract too but I have not seen anything about renewing them or finding another team to play.  

Dont really have a preference at all…I like GS facing new opponents like Mt Carmel and I also like GS keeping strong opponents like Southridge. 

1 hour ago, HHPatriots said:

How would the OV offense compare to Southridge, in your opinion?

As you know the SR offense presents unique challenges that to me are harder to prepare for than a team that does the similar stuff to what your own squad does.

54 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

You're right, my mistake, this was discussed already in the other thread. 3 big plays by Vincennes accounted for all 600 yards. Two of which were mistakes by the officials and the third the lights from the stadium got in GS players eyes. Somehow they managed to score 3 more TDs (unless my math is off). 

My apologies.

Honestly, VL's reported yardage was nothing more than an intentional clerical fudging.  It was actually tabulated well into the red, and GS loaned Vincennes 42 points out of their 105-0 victory so that folks wouldn't think they were running up the score, resulting in a nation-wide "cancelation" of the rest of GS's season by the non-competitive woke crowd.

I should know, I was there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

Honestly, VL's reported yardage was nothing more than an intentional clerical fudging.  It was actually tabulated well into the red, and GS loaned Vincennes 42 points out of their 105-0 victory so that folks wouldn't think they were running up the score, resulting in a nation-wide "cancelation" of the rest of GS's season by the non-competitive woke crowd.

I should know, I was there.

FINALLY! The truth always rises to the top or something like that

Side note.  I have a great relationship with many SIAC guys.  I have to say that SOME of these Memorial guys are like the girlfriend you broke up with that still still stalks you even though you could care less what she is up to now days.  Perhaps we can get a restraining order? 😆

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, EaglesFan1964 said:

Owen Valley was 1-9 just 3 years ago and 0-10 just 4 years ago. I think their current schedule is a reflection of what they were. I heard the new HC at OV Robbie Gibson has already told the administration that he wants Cloverdale and Eastern Green off the schedule and they honored it. He is trying to beef up the non-conference schedule.

I would agree that their current schedule is indicative of who they were, not who they are, as well.  Changing that kind of thing takes time and a lot of planning.  It sounds like Coach Gibson has the support of the admin behind him, which can help to go a long, long way towards a program's success.  I suspect with this monumental turnaround in the program, the community is gravitating back as well.  I'm wishing OV the best moving forward.  ...next year.  Their season hopefully ends in three days. 😁

Just now, Esso Ayche said:

I would agree that their current schedule is indicative of who they were, not who they are, as well.  Changing that kind of thing takes time and a lot of planning.  It sounds like Coach Gibson has the support of the admin behind him, which can help to go a long, long way towards a program's success.  I suspect with this monumental turnaround in the program, the community is gravitating back as well.  I'm wishing OV the best moving forward.  ...next year.  Their season hopefully ends in three days. 😁

I agree with this.  We can relate to program turn arounds....and there will be haters (as you can see in this thread), old money always hates new money is what Grandpa used to always say.  Coach Gibson deserves a lot of credit, I am sure the community is going crazy.  That said Duane Potts is a stand up dude and was one of the most passionate football players I had the pleasure to suit up with.

Woof Buzz your girlfriend... yikes!

lots to digest... I would really like to congratulate GS on their 2nd straight 3A State Championship, probably should tell everyone in 3A to try 8-man football next year also, GS got this in the bag. 

Bosse/Harrison could be seen as "bye" weeks in the SIAC... Just ask Jasper this year... Central is in a downward spiral currently, but previously they were in the Top-Tier of the SIAC, Coach Z will get it straightened out. 

I can't believe the 2022 GS Defense would allow that many points to the 2021 GS team and vice versa... I figure that game would be basically 3-2 with the those Stout defenses!

Titan32--> it's funny how you talk about the "free rent" PAC people have on the SIAC, however how much "rent" do you pay Memorial ?? Also I do not believe Memorial should be in 3A, they are just fine in 4A, where they belong. I would even venture to say that Mater-Dei should be in 3A, not 2A, but that's not the topic at hand here. 

Also, You'd probably love a restraining order on Memorial bc they have proven time and time again that they are your kryptonite!

GS is doing great at scheduling 5A teams to start the year to boost their SOS. 

7 minutes ago, Sidelined56 said:

Woof Buzz your girlfriend... yikes!

lots to digest... I would really like to congratulate GS on their 2nd straight 3A State Championship, probably should tell everyone in 3A to try 8-man football next year also, GS got this in the bag. 

Bosse/Harrison could be seen as "bye" weeks in the SIAC... Just ask Jasper this year... Central is in a downward spiral currently, but previously they were in the Top-Tier of the SIAC, Coach Z will get it straightened out. 

I can't believe the 2022 GS Defense would allow that many points to the 2021 GS team and vice versa... I figure that game would be basically 3-2 with the those Stout defenses!

Titan32--> it's funny how you talk about the "free rent" PAC people have on the SIAC, however how much "rent" do you pay Memorial ?? Also I do not believe Memorial should be in 3A, they are just fine in 4A, where they belong. I would even venture to say that Mater-Dei should be in 3A, not 2A, but that's not the topic at hand here. 

Also, You'd probably love a restraining order on Memorial bc they have proven time and time again that they are your kryptonite!

GS is doing great at scheduling 5A teams to start the year to boost their SOS. 

You are very proficient at putting words in our mouths.  No one has every even mentioned GS making it to state this year.  We are taking it one week at a time against some very high quality opponents of which OV is one.

You will find I only respond to Memorial....I have never instigated a single time...not a SINGLE time!  And I wasn't joking when I said I had no idea who they played last week.  That is the difference.  When you have used gym equipment salesmen rolling up in your DMs the second your game is over letting you know how Memorial would kill you this year and last....I am not the one who needs to lie on a couch and have some serious conversations with a professional.

For the record have some good friends who are Memorial supporters.

Edited by Titan32

28 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Speaking of schedules though…does anyone know about anything with Gibson Southerns schedule next year? 

i know Terre Haute South will be week 1 on their 2nd year of the contract.

Week 2 will now be Mt Carmel Illinois since the 2 year deal with New Albany expired

then there is week 4 with South Warren KY.  I thought that was a 2 year contract too but I have not seen anything about renewing them or finding another team to play.  

Dont really have a preference at all…I like GS facing new opponents like Mt Carmel and I also like GS keeping strong opponents like Southridge. 

You have to love the beauty of our non-conference schedule.

22 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

You have to love the beauty of our non-conference schedule.

I definitely do.  I’m really excited for that Mt Carmel game.  It’s wild to me that GS and Mt Carmel have never played despite being like 15 miles apart. 

if GS doesn’t keep South Warren there are a number of schools I would like to see GS play.  Always fun facing new teams and schemes 

42 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

You are very proficient at putting words in our mouths.  No one has every even mentioned GS making it to state this year.  We are taking it one week at a time against some very high quality opponents of which OV is one.

You will find I only respond to Memorial....I have never instigated a single time...not a SINGLE time!  And I wasn't joking when I said I had no idea who they played last week.  That is the difference.  When you have used gym equipment salesmen rolling up in your DMs the second your game is over letting you know how Memorial would kill you this year and last....I am not the one who needs to lie on a couch and have some serious conversations with a professional.

For the record have some good friends who are Memorial supporters.

Wait, you got an inside track on used gym equipment?? I might need his contact info to get some new stuff for my home gym! 

My bad for putting words in your mouths, I just thought it was the consensus thought at GS that you guys were winning state this year since you beefed up your non-conference schedule. Also, did make it a point to show the Calprep or Massey ranking in another feed, where a guy said WEBO would win the regional, so you have confidence of at least getting to Semi-State!

However we can sit here and say this and say that to each other all we want... bottom line is the game come Friday night!

OV is gonna need to hit on some big yardage plays to have a chance to win the game. They have to find a way to get GS to go 3 & out. Hopefully OV learned from VL to cover Kick-offs better!

Serious Question though: Why is this game at 7pm eastern? but the VL game was at 7:30... I'm not great with geography but isnt Vincennes closer to Fort Branch than Spencer ? 

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Side note.  I have a great relationship with many SIAC guys.  I have to say that SOME of these Memorial guys are like the girlfriend you broke up with that still still stalks you even though you could care less what she is up to now days.  Perhaps we can get a restraining order? 😆

Seems you’re more the BF that keeps chasing what you can’t have.  IM Kidding! But damn Memorial is coming out that mouth often. I promise this fan could give two poops if you win or lose. Ultimately it’s about the kids and I love seeing kids win at a high level from all schools. This will likely be the last time 90% of these kids will ever play organized sports on a team outside of intramural again. Can’t imagine being an adult and cheering when a team loses. You know anybody like that?  

Edited by Screagle

5 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Seems you’re more the BF that keeps chasing what you can’t have.  IM Kidding! But damn Memorial is coming out that mouth often. I promise this fan could give two poops if you win or lose. Ultimately it’s about the kids and I love seeing kids win at a high level from all schools. This will likely be the last time 90% of these kids will ever play organized sports on a team outside of intramural again. Can’t imagine being an adult and cheering when a team loses. You know anybody like that?  

Yeah...I do...he rolls up in my DMs after we lose.  I feel the same as you and I think you know that.

8 minutes ago, Sidelined56 said:

Wait, you got an inside track on used gym equipment?? I might need his contact info to get some new stuff for my home gym! 

My bad for putting words in your mouths, I just thought it was the consensus thought at GS that you guys were winning state this year since you beefed up your non-conference schedule. Also, did make it a point to show the Calprep or Massey ranking in another feed, where a guy said WEBO would win the regional, so you have confidence of at least getting to Semi-State!

However we can sit here and say this and say that to each other all we want... bottom line is the game come Friday night!

OV is gonna need to hit on some big yardage plays to have a chance to win the game. They have to find a way to get GS to go 3 & out. Hopefully OV learned from VL to cover Kick-offs better!

Serious Question though: Why is this game at 7pm eastern? but the VL game was at 7:30... I'm not great with geography but isnt Vincennes closer to Fort Branch than Spencer ? 

No Spencer is like 1:45 minutes away...Vincennes is 30 mins away.

Edited by Titan32

9 minutes ago, Sidelined56 said:

Throwing up prediction tools really seems to trigger some folks...they are for fun and discussion and don't mean squat.

21 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Yeah...I do...he rolls up in my DMs after we lose.  I feel the same as you and I think you know that.

There are exceptions and it’s a constant teaching process for our young Tiger, GG!   He’s is learning but does stumble from time to time. 

Back to football. What an exciting time for the coaches, players, and fans!  Nothing better than the anticipation of a Friday tournament game. If players only knew how much excitement these times provide for their community. 

Some great games this Friday for SWI football in all classes with some really good players.  

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Screagle said:

There are exceptions and it’s a constant teaching process for our young Tiger, GG!   He’s is learning but does stumble from time to time. 

Back to football. What an exciting time for the coaches, players, and fans!  Nothing better than the anticipation of a Friday tournament game. If players only knew how much excitement these times provide for their community. 

Some great games this Friday for SWI football in all classes with some really good players.  

For the record...the Memorial Jasper game should be a doosie!

• Like 1