Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern (10-0) at Owen Valley (10-0)

8 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This really says something too because the run game was Gibson Southerns strength this year.  Devan Roberts put on arguably one of the best pure rushing seasons GS has had in a while.  30 carry 200 yard games…he had an amazing senior year.  Boyd and Delong complimented the run game all year too when they weren’t working the receiving game. 

Their defense truly played their best 3 Qtrs of their lives after being down 14-0 

I'd day holding Northview to 7 was pretty impressive, but hey why ruin a good story

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bobref said:

So, it sounds like a blocked field goal recovered by the defense behind the neutral zone and advanced. The ball remains alive. When the whistle was blown is really important. If it was blown after the kick was recovered, it belongs to the team in possession at the spot where the ball was when the whistle sounded. If it was blown while the ball was still loose following the blocked kick, it belongs to the kicking team at the previous spot and the down is replayed.

Unfortunately, an inadvertent whistle following a blocked field goal is an all too familia scenario in high school. That’s because on a kick try — which is much more common than a field goal attempt — the ball is dead if the kick is blocked. The field goal mechanics call for communication between all crew members prior to the snap to acknowledge that “the ball remains alive.”

It was blown before recovered.  I was thinking an inadvertent whistle you had to replay the down. OV had some penalties go against them but not as many as GS. I think most were self inflicted for both teams. A few were questionable.

11 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Did your expect OV to be an easy out? I’m guessing they will be favored by a TD.  

Nope did not have an opinion before this game as they are a unknown foe to the PAC … my comment on the easy out is a compliment as they took a really good rushing team and completely shut it down…. SR and HH are run oriented teams… I think OV will be favored no matter which PAC team they face

Edited by PAC FAN

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think in HS it’s automatically a dead ball if blocked. Only live play if caught like kickoff?

One of those “this isn’t the nfl” rules in hs I guess.  I think OV still drove down the field for the score though.  Have to say they earned this win tonight.  There were a number of plays that GS had that could be considered lucky breaks where the official could have called a play a different way….they still kept fighting and earned everything tonight.  

Need to be clear before moving forward, was this a PAT or a FG attempt?

15 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Need to be clear before moving forward, was this a PAT or a FG attempt?

Field Goal Attempt.  Whistle blown immediately when ball was blocked.  Ball still on ground behind line of scrimmage.  Ov picks up and returns but GS players had stopped and were walking off field.  Whistle was clear And loud. Possibly sounded like more than one whistle. Should have been GS ball, replay down. 

I almost feel like calls definitely switched to being mostly against GS after that. Alot of makeup calls

Edited by Titan76

Gotta put on my big boy pants.

Congrats to Owen Valley on the win tonight! You guys came out fast and physical and ready to prove you've been ready for the big stage all season. You have some real dudes on the other side of the ball. Looking forward to rooting for you guys the rest of the way out (well, I have to root for our PAC bros PC next week, but I think we all know how that will end (sorry PC, but you know too)).

Congrats to Coach Gibson for having your squad ready to battle. Good luck moving forward, hope everyone stays healthy and you all get deep into the tourney. You guys have all the pieces in place, keep rolling!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hick said:

Try to tell people in this thread OV was very good against the run.

Of course all we heard was the "after watching film, OV has a nice team but they'll need to make some adjustments to stay within 3 scores of GS" type comments.

I guess they made those adjustmens??

Ya cause didn't Heritage Hills prepare them very  well for an offense like this?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ugminer said:

Ya cause didn't Heritage Hills prepare them very  well for an offense like this?

That was in reference to the wishbone aspect. Heritage Hills one of the best in the state with that offense and have been running it for like 50 years.  I swear the kids are born holding the playbook.  Doesn’t matter if they are undersized or whatever, they are very disciplined in that offense and their execution is consistently at a high level.  

that was the context of another users claim here.  In terms of the rest of OVs offense, GS just had to look in the mirror.  

didn’t matter at the end of the day though. This game was won because the OV DL dominated. The OV offense did what they had to win the game but it was really their defense that secured the win. 

Congrats to OV awesome game. Nothing but respect to the GS team and fans you guys played well last night. Also you traveled well for a 2 hour road game. Patriot field was rocking last night and heard it was anywhere from 5000 to 7000 people there last night. With over 2 hours till kick off the stands were filling up. I don’t think there was other football field in the state if Indiana that was as packed and rocking like Patriot field. This video is not mine but thought I would share it anyways. Let’s go Patriots!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1722423207993391/posts/3475524409349920/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Patriot Nation said:

Congrats to OV awesome game. Nothing but respect to the GS team and fans you guys played well last night. Also you traveled well for a 2 hour road game. Patriot field was rocking last night and heard it was anywhere from 5000 to 7000 people there last night. With over 2 hours till kick off the stands were filling up. I don’t think there was other football field in the state if Indiana that was as packed and rocking like Patriot field. This video is not mine but thought I would share it anyways. Let’s go Patriots!!!

Great video. Love those blue jerseys! LOL. Lot of class shown. Good luck the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, Titandad71 said:

I think there's a big line at the crow burger stand, interested to see who partakes, and who vanishes until the Titans are winning next year. Congrats to OV, Now I'm gonna find some ketchup for this damn sandwich.

Thanks for owning the prediction...the WIC is a tougher football conference than many think it is.

4-5 years ago the OV varsity couldn't beat the 1A & 2A schools in the WIC, but they had an awesome 9th grade squad & a good JV. Here is the culmination of that.

10 hours ago, hick said:

Best them up front on both sides. Shut down run game. Tons of pressure on GS qb, 9 sacks.  Pounded the ball on offense. Wore GS down

After a mostly injury free season, 2 key guys on offense were injured and 1 on defense, it made a huge impact. That's football though, next man up.  Congrats to OV on a well played game.

Edited by Titan32

Whomever needs to be thanked for hospitality at the game last night, thank you. What an amazing atmosphere it was.  A lot of it was created. Congrats to OV, we had a couple chances to put distance between us and they Never went away.  Good luck the rest the way. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Nation said:

this video is amazing. thank you for sharing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NPCougarNation said:

Thanks for owning the prediction...the WIC is a tougher football conference than many think it is.

4-5 years ago the OV varsity couldn't beat the 1A & 2A schools in the WIC, but they had an awesome 9th grade squad & a good JV. Here is the culmination of that.

OV QB in 8th grade I believe it is looks pretty damn good too

• Like 1