Friday, Oct. 28
Carroll (9-0) at Penn (7-2), 7:30 pm
Elkhart (7-2) at Warsaw (7-2), 7 pm
Adams (1-8) at Mishawaka (8-1), 7 pm
New Prairie (9-1) at Lowell (7-3), 8 pm  NP won regular season game
NorthWood (10-) at St. Joseph (4-6), 7 pm
Jimtown (8-2) at Glenn (6-4), 7 pm  Jimtown won regular season game
Bremen (6-4) at Lake Station (4-6), 7:30 pm

The two 6A games should be great games.  A couple of rematches.  Another interesting week

41 minutes ago, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Oct. 28

The two 6A games should be great games.  A couple of rematches.  Another interesting week

One of the state's better teams (both could make a case for Top 5) will be clearing out their lockers after Friday night. 

Some pretty good/intriguing gams on tap this week. 

Carroll (9-0) at Penn (7-2) - Carroll - Only because they don't have a blemish on the resume'. Penn could win this one, it's tough to tell when Carroll plays in the FW bubble. Either way I think people will be talking about this game.
Elkhart (7-2) at Warsaw (7-2) - toss up - Can elkhart respond after the NP game? I also don't think Warsaw is that good this year; they just benefited from being in a down NLC outside of NW and Mishawaka and their non-con opponents shat the bed. Tough sectional to predict. 
Adams (1-8) at Mishawaka (8-1) - Mishawaka - No contest here
New Prairie (9-1) at Lowell (7-3) - NP - All things point to NP but man is it always scary going against Lowell in October/November. Fun fact; NP will have played 3 times at the inferno in the same time frame they have played 6 times in New Carlisle. 
NorthWood (10-) at St. Joseph (4-6) - NW - Not much going on here. St Joe got their annual sectional win and will bow out against one of the best teams in 4A.
Jimtown (8-2) at Glenn (6-4) - Jimtown - Could be a good one in Walkerton this Friday. Would love to see the Falcons take down the Jimmies, I think there is a chance. 
Bremen (6-4) at Lake Station (4-6) - Bremen - The ping pong balls get Bremen to the sectional championship for a blood bath. 

Homestead 2 closest games were Snider and North where they won by 7 and 8

The rest they had little trouble

Penn playing Cathedral and St X. besides Elkhart they have faced some good competition as well

Would love to see this game

That 6a SECTIONAL IS one of the best this year

15 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Oct. 28
Carroll (9-0) at Penn (7-2), 7:30 pm very intriguing game, I don’t see either team blowing the other one out. I’ll take Penn by 6
Elkhart (7-2) at Warsaw (7-2), 7 pm Elkhart struggled mightily against NPs rushing attack which obviously Warsaw does best. Tigers by 7
Adams (1-8) at Mishawaka (8-1), 7 pm caveman by 35
New Prairie (9-1) at Lowell (7-3), 8 pm  NP won regular season game. NP seems to be finally putting everything together at the right time and I don’t see this one going any different than the first game. Cougars by 21
NorthWood (10-) at St. Joseph (4-6), 7 pm  Northwood breezes through another game by 35
Jimtown (8-2) at Glenn (6-4), 7 pm  Jimtown won regular season game. Same result as the first time. Jimmies by 19
Bremen (6-4) at Lake Station (4-6), 7:30 pm don’t know anything about lake station but I’ll take the Lions by 14

1 hour ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Not much being said about some key games this weekend 

1 hour ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Not much being said about some key games this weekend 

I think Warsaw takes out Elkhart , NP beats Lowell and i just don't have a clue about Penn vs Carroll . I think the edge goes to Carroll , but we really don't know how good the top teams are in Fort Wayne . It appears Snider , Carroll and northside are all pretty even , but how good are they? It's very hard to get a read since all of their games are in the SAC . We've seen Penn play one of Indiana's best teams , And I can get a feel for where they are at . Penn is improved from last year and appear to be heading in the right direction. Still not there yet , Is Carroll ?Time will tell . 

On 10/23/2022 at 9:32 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

Homestead 2 closest games were Snider and North where they won by 7 and 8

The rest they had little trouble

Penn playing Cathedral and St X. besides Elkhart they have faced some good competition as well

Would love to see this game

That 6a SECTIONAL IS one of the best this year

Assuming you meant Carroll here. Most impressive part for the Chargers is their improvement on the defensive side of the ball since 2020. They've had a high scoring offense these past 3 seasons, but this year they have been vastly improved on D. Should be a great game!

2 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Assuming you meant Carroll here. Most impressive part for the Chargers is their improvement on the defensive side of the ball since 2020. They've had a high scoring offense these past 3 seasons, but this year they have been vastly improved on D. Should be a great game!

3 hours ago, Penn_grad07 said:

Penn is a 21 point dog to Carroll per Harrell's website.  Maybe he knows something we dont.

Lol, that can't be correct. Penn hung tough with Cathedra before losing by 14. They waxed a very good New Prairie team by 3 touchdowns. Only be Elkhart by 1, but they still beat Elkhart, which happens to be a pretty good team. If Carroll beats Penn by 21 at Freed field, that will be one hell of a message they send to the rest of 6A. 

Penn plays good at home. I have the Kingsmen by 7. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

The St. Joe-NW game just got a lot more interesting. 

Yeah I’m not sure what to think at this point.  Northwood started the year with a different QB and beat Jimtown and East Noble easily, so replacing the QB won’t be as big a deal for them as some teams. Still a big deal.  Losing 4 seniors will be very difficult to overcome, but I’m not sure this is the week it will be a problem. They have a pretty deep team. I guess we’ll find out.

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2022 at 9:31 AM, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Oct. 28

Penn 27-24

Warsaw 35-14

Mishawaka 49-6

Lowell 34-20

Northwood 24-7

Jimtown 42-6

Lakestation 20-17

19 hours ago, BTF said:

Lol, that can't be correct. Penn hung tough with Cathedra before losing by 14. They waxed a very good New Prairie team by 3 touchdowns. Only be Elkhart by 1, but they still beat Elkhart, which happens to be a pretty good team. If Carroll beats Penn by 21 at Freed field, that will be one hell of a message they send to the rest of 6A. 

I have been going to most of the Penn games this year, their biggest issue is leaving points on the field due to self inflicted wounds.  High snaps that end up being drive killers and penalties.  Their biggest issue against Elkhart was two turnovers in the first half and about 70 yards of penalties by the O also in the first half.  Penn had the chance to make it an 8 point game but fumbled inside the 5.   This cannot happen against Carroll or they will win.  

I know that it is hard to judge teams out of Ft. Wayne due to their bubble, but, the one thing I noted when looking at the two teams schedules, is that (last time I checked) Penn did not play one team that gave up 30+ points per game Carroll has played 4 teams that give up a minimum of 34.5 points.  That will make any offense look good.

15 hours ago, PantherPride said:

Yeah I’m not sure what to think at this point.  Northwood started the year with a different QB and beat Jimtown and East Noble easily, so replacing the QB won’t be as big a deal for them as some teams. Still a big deal.  Losing 4 seniors will be very difficult to overcome, but I’m not sure this is the week it will be a problem. They have a pretty deep team. I guess we’ll find out.

I didn't hear, what happened?

On 10/23/2022 at 9:31 AM, ASJCPUMA said:

Carroll (9-0) at Penn (7-2) - Carroll - 34-24.  Penn has the defense and Carroll the offense.  I think Carroll wins but it could easily be the other way around.
Elkhart (7-2) at Warsaw (7-2) - Warsaw 35-14.  Elkhart's team has fallen apart since the Penn game.  6 starters (5 on offense) from when they played Penn wont play due to injury, academics and behavioral issues.  The way the new coach wasted the talent on offense is a travesty.  Elkhart's issues vs NP weren't defensive, it was the inability to get a first down
Adams (1-8) at Mishawaka (8-1) - Mishawaka big
New Prairie (9-1) at Lowell (7-3) - NP 35-14.  NP is tough.  RB/QB run game gets it done.
NorthWood (10-) at St. Joseph (4-6) - Northwood big even with suspensions.
Jimtown (8-2) at Glenn (6-4) - Jimtown 28-7.  Jimmies get it going early
Bremen (6-4) at Lake Station (4-6) - Bremen not sure why

On 10/27/2022 at 2:12 PM, BTF said:

Message sent. 

8 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Is Carroll the deal?  35-7 over Penn seems to me a big statement

surprised Warsaw beat Elkhart. 

Carroll's legit, yes. They're a large enrollment suburban power and are starting to look like it. 

1 minute ago, ASJCPUMA said:

They are just north of Fort Wayne so it is not like they are in the country. 

Country? That was 30 years ago. Perry Township is the fastest growing area in Northeast Indiana. I classify Carroll as suburban even though 50% of their student body resides in city proper.